2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40
In terms of design, the Suzuki Boulevard S40 comes in a very attractive package, influenced by larger Boulevard models. You only need to take one look at it to realize that it bears a striking resemblance to an S83, except that it comes with "only" a single-cylinder engine. The classic design exudes a retro-vibe, particularly the ergonomically-designed handle that’s both easy to grip and comfortable to use, especially when you’re throttling out on the open road. The Boulevard S40 also comes with a custom flat handlebar design and custom-style rear view mirrors, both of which provide a very aesthetically-pleasing appearance to the bike, as does a sleek, one-piece saddle with a low seat height of just 27.6", making it an ideal bike for novice riders.
It may look the part of a svelte and agile cruiser, but make no mistake, the Boulevard S40 packs a mean punch, thanks to a 652cc, four-stroke, air-cooled, OHC, single-cylinder engine with a TSCC (Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers) cylinder head and high mass crankshaft, producing strong low-end power and torque. A smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission is complemented by a low-maintenance belt-drive system that’s quiet, durable, and simple to adjust and clean, while an electric starter with automatic decompression system has also been installed, allowing for quick and easy engine starting. Lastly, a precision electronic ignition system brings all the power in and out of the bike at an impeccably sharp rate.
Handling is also a key component of the Boulevard S40, especially when it comes to its chassis and suspension set-up. A 19" front tire and a wide 15" rear tire provides the classic cruiser look while coming with a hydraulic front disc brake and a drum-type rear brake, providing strong, reliable braking performance.
Find out more about the Suzuki Boulevard S40 after the jump.
2012 Suzuki Boulevard S40
Engine:four-stroke, air-cooled, OHC, single-cylinder engine
- A 652cc, SOHC, single-cylinder, air-cooled four-stroke engine with TSCC (Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers) cylinder head and high mass crankshaft produces strong low-end power and torque.
- An electric Starter with automatic decompression system provides quick, easy engine starting.
- A precision electronic ignition system includes a maintenance-free battery.
- A hydraulic front disc brake and drum-type rear brake provide strong, reliable braking performance.
- A wide 15" rear tire and slim 19" front tire provides a classic cruiser look.
- Polished spoke wheels provide a classic look like larger cruiser models and a polished upper fork bracket features an attractive and durable clear coat finish.
- The Boulevard S40 comes with an attractive tear drop-shaped fuel tank (2.8 gal capacity) with flush-mounted speedometer.
- Custom flat handlebar design provides a clean, sporty appearance, while custom-style rear view mirrors provide an attractive appearance (similar to the larger Boulevard models).
- The rear reflector is integrated with the taillight for a clean, finished appearance to the rear section of the bike.
- A sleek, one-piece saddle adds to the Boulevard S40’s already streamlined appearance. The low seat height (only 27.6 inches) is great for smaller or entry-level riders.
- A smooth-shifting 5-speed transmission is complemented by a low-maintenance belt-drive system that’s quiet, durable, and simple to adjust and clean.
|Displacement||652cc, 4-stroke, air-cooled, single cylinder, OHC|
|Fuel System||MIKUNI BS40, single|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2180 mm (85.8 in)|
|Overall Width||720 mm (28.3 in)|
|Wheelbase||1480 mm (58.3 in)|
|Ground Clearance||135 mm (5.3 in)|
|Seat Height||700 mm (27.6 in)|
|Curb Weight||173 kg (381 lbs)|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Belt drive|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Swing arm type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake|
|Brakes Rear||Drum brake|
|Tires Front||100/90-19 M/C 57H, tube type|
|Tires Rear||140/80-15 M/C 67H, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||10.5 L (2.8 US gallons)|
|Color||Pear Mirage White/Metallic Veil Silver and Metallic Fox Orange/Glass Sparkle Black|
Ultimate Motorcycling----"The S40 offers an optimal blend of low- and mid-range torque in a design that has proven reliability. This motorcycle keeps it simple, allowing riders the simple pleasure of motorcycling."