2012 Suzuki GSR750 ABS
Launched in 2011, the GSR750’s has created a niche of its own featuring a de-tuned version of the 2005 Suzuki GSX-R750 motor and a razor sharp which makes us insane about it. Unfortunately the bike comes without suspension adjustments and no intimidating radial breaks either. Though it makes us happy to know that it features ABS, a bespoke bodywork and sporty on road abilities.
The GSR750 ABS combines a 749cc motor with a unique chassis that creates the best qualities of a compact tubular streetbike frame and the pin-point accuracy of a twin-spar sportsbike frame. Aditionally a KAYABA suspension on its engine makes this vehicle as a unique machine that provides strong acceleration from linear low-to-mid range torque and an intensely exciting ride.
Its narrow chassis is enabling more riders to plant their feet firmly on the ground. We also need to send a shout to the high spec’ Kayaba USD 41mm forks fitted up front and the rear damper which is also a Kayaba so both ends can be fine tuned to suit the rider’s weight and riding style.
Find out more about the Suzuki GSR750 ABS after the jump.
2012 Suzuki GSR750 ABS
Engine:4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled,DOHC
Transmission:6-speed constant mesh
2012 Suzuki GSR750 ABS
Cool fusion: dynamic style and ride
Edgy styling and dynamic performance. Richly entertaining for proud, independent riders. Freedom calls. Your GSR750 awaits you.
Features and Benefits
- Powerful 749 cm3 4-cylinder fuel-injected engine tuned to deliver a dynamic wave of smooth torque and strong acceleration and sensation.
- Throttle bodies with Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system contribute to cylinder charging efficiency and combustion efficiency for better throttle response and torque at the low to mid rpm range.
- Automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) improves cold starting and stabilizes engine idle while also reducing cold-start emissions.
- State-of-the-art transistorized digital ignition system contributes to a more complete combustion by igniting the mixture at the precise instant.
- Iridium alloy spark plugs provide a more condensed and hotter spark yet last longer.
- Effective engine management and emission control systems together allow the GSR750 to meet the latest emission standards.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system injects fresh air into the exhaust ports to react with unburned hydrocarbons and reduce CO2 emissions.
- Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) servo-controlled butterfly valve helps enhance torque, response and acceleration, especially at low-to-mid rpm range.
- Inverted KYB front forks feature a design developed in racing and that is mandatory on a serious, high-performance machine.
- Dual front brakes with fully-floating 310mm discs and dual-piston calipers. 240mm rear disc brake with single-piston caliper.
- Carefully sculpted bodywork with highlights including a vented front fender, molded mirrors, chiseled fuel tank, textured tank side panels, and an angular tail section with integrated LED taillight.
- Distinctive triangle-shaped muffler with a form-fitting brushed stainless steel heat shield.
- The GSR750 suspension uses inverted front forks, a design developed in racing and mandatory for a serious, high-performance machine.
- Link-type rear suspension, with a single rear shock absorber working through a progressive linkage. Spring preload is 7-way adjustable.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)*, with a compact control unit monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction (GSR750A only).
- Chiseled 17.5-liter fuel tank with contrasting, textured tank side panels. Well-shaped seat, flanked by stylish frame side covers.
- A compartment underneath the removable passenger seat can carry a U-shaped lock or can be used to store small items.
- Brightness-controllable instrument cluster, featuring a prominent analog tachometer and a large, digital LCD speedometer readout. The LCD display also includes a gear-position indicator, coolant temperature gauge, fuel gauge, selectable odometer/dual-tripmeter/fuel consumption meter and a clock.
- Bright and distinctively shaped dual-filament halogen-bulb headlight. Integrated dual position lights with patterned blue lenses.
- The compact turn signals use carefully shaped, custom-look lenses.
- Frame design combines the advantages of a compact tubular girder streetbike frame and a twin-spar sportbike frame to deliver a dynamic ride.
- A sport riding position, created by a carefully crafted relationship between the handlebars, footrests and seat.
- Light and open radiator side panels mated with aggressive front bodywork side pieces.
- A selection of Suzuki Genuine Accessories is available for riders who want to customize their GSR750 and make it uniquely their own.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement||749 cm3 (45.7 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||72.0 mm x 46.0 mm|
|Compression Ratio||12.3 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2115 mm (83.3 in)|
|Overall Width||785 mm (30.9 in)|
|Overall Height||1060 mm (41.7 in)|
|Wheelbase||1450 mm (57.1 in)|
|Ground Clearance||145 mm ( 5.7 in)|
|Seat Height||815 mm (32.1 in)|
|Curb mass||210 / 213 kg (463 / 470 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||17.5 L (4.6/3.8 US/lmp gal)|
Visordown ---- "The GSR750 ABS is currently available on low-rate finance and with a £650 cashback offer too, until the end of April 2012."
Totalmotorcycle ---- "A fusion of technology, fuel-injected performance and chiselled styling, the Suzuki GSR750 ABS is built to turn heads for riders who wish to stand out from the pack."