2013 Suzuki Bandit 1250
After its debut, the Bandit managed to become an icon in its segment in a pretty short time. Since then the motorcycle has been completely upgraded and today the Bandit 1250 continues to be one of the most wanted nakeds in its class.
The new Suzuki Bandit 1250 is powered by a 1, 2555 cc liquid cooled engine that cranks out enough power and torque to help you deal effortless even with the highway traffic. It is also worthy of being mentioned that the engine is combined with a secondary balancer shaft that reduces vibration.
The engine’s power is kept in leash by a six-speed transmission combined with a hydraulic clutch and liquid-cooled oil cooler.
Once on board you are met by a wide, height adjustable seat, a sporty handlebar and modern instruments.
The Suzuki Bandit 1250 is offered with a starting price of £7,176.
Hit the jump for more information on the Suzuki Bandit 1250.
2013 Suzuki Bandit 1250
Engine:In-line four, four-stroke
It stole the imagination of open road riders everywhere. Now the Bandit is even better with its unmatched balance of superior performance, eye-catching style and advanced technology.
The compact 1,255cc liquid-cooled engine delivers arm-stretching power and torque, civilised by the smooth acceleration of the new SDTV fuel injection system. A secondary balancer shaft reduces vibration while the new slick-shifting six-speed transmission improves acceleration, at the same time reducing top gear rpm at highway speeds. A hydraulic clutch and liquid-cooled oil cooler complete the big-bore power plant.
The distinctive styling of the chassis isn’t just about looks either, the frame featuring larger diameter down tubes for better balance and handling. Meanwhile the wide seat is height adjustable by up to 20mm for improved comfort on those long rides and you’ll enjoy fewer interruptions thanks to the large-capacity fuel tank. In developing the Bandit 1250, the dedicated team of Suzuki engineers have produced a cruiser of unmatched performance, style and value.
A machine that truly owns the highway and gets you away.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC engine with a full 1255cc of torque-producing displacement for extra-smooth acceleration and relaxed highway cruising.
- The well-exposed, symmetrical-layout (centre-cam-drive) powerplant forms the core of Bandit 1250’s beautiful naked bike appearance.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection provides exceptional response, smooth power output, improved mileage and reduced emissions.
- Long-wearing, tough Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder-bore plating.
- Friction-reducing chrome-nitride piston-ring coating.
- Secondary balancer shaft enhances the engine’s smooth operation.
- Effective engine management and emissions control systems allow the Bandit 1250 to meet tough Euro 3 and Tier 2 emissions standards.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the engine running cool.
- Six-speed transmission with gear ratios chosen for powerful acceleration and smooth highway cruising.
- Classic tube-frame chassis, with rake and trail chosen for an excellent balance between sporty handling and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and single rear shock absorber, both are spring-preload-adjustable.
- Fully floating 310mm dual-disc front brake with 4-piston calipers
- Disc rear brake with single-piston caliper.
- Radial tyres on cast 3-spoke aluminium-alloy wheels.
- Seat height can be adjusted up or down 20mm by flipping over mounting spacers.
- Convenient centerstand.
- The Bandit 1250 features round headlight, bullet-shaped instrument bodies and streamlined colour-coordinated trim between them.
- Analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, LCD fuel gauge and clock, and LED indicator lights.
|Displacement||1255.00 ccm (76.58 cubic inches)|
|Engine type||In-line four, four-stroke|
|Bore x stroke||79.0 x 64.0 mm (3.1 x 2.5 inches)|
|Fuel system||Injection. F|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (transistorised)|
|Lubrication system||Wet sump|
|Front suspension||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Rear suspension||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Front tyre dimensions||120/70-ZR17|
|Rear tyre dimensions||180/55-ZR17|
|Front brakes||Double disc|
|Rear brakes||Single disc|
|Seat height||810 mm (31.9 inches) If adjustable, lowest setting.|
|Overall height||1,095 mm (43.1 inches)|
|Overall length||2,140 mm (84.3 inches)|
|Overall width||790 mm (31.1 inches)|
|Wheelbase||1,485 mm (58.5 inches)|
|Fuel capacity||19.00 litres (5.02 gallons)|
|Seat||20mm adjustable seat heigh|
|Color options||Gleam Grey, Black|