2013 Suzuki GS500F
The Suzuki GS500F was developed to deal great with both urban driving and long journeys. Featuring a comfortable, ergonomic and sporty design, the bike is ready to give you a unique experience every time you jump on the saddle.
Power comes from a 487cm3, DOHC, parallel-twin engine with compact and low-maintenance design, mated on a six speed constant mesh transmission. Transistorized electronic ignition and precise carburetion help keep the engine running efficiently, and deliver a generous torque at low rpm.
The engine is paired with a two-into-one exhaust system which assures a good power delivery and gives the bike a unique sound signature. Moreover, Suzuki’s Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system effectively keeps emissions low.
The ride quality is assured by front telescopic forks and a rear monoshock absorber. There is also available a seven-way preload adjuster for the rear suspension.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Suzuki GS500F.
2013 Suzuki GS500F
Engine:4-stroke, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, DOHC
Transmission:6-speed constant mesh
Horsepower @ RPM:51 @ 9500
Torque @ RPM:30 @ 7500
Top Speed:115 mph
2012 Suzuki GS500F
A Recipe For Added Excitement
The GS500F’s sports full fairing has expanded the horizons of Suzuki’s already great all-rounder GS500. From looking great parked on the pavement to cutting through the urban crawl; from a touring holiday to a Sunday morning ride-out; the Suzuki GS500F will remind you why you love motorcycling. Go ahead. Stir things up on the Suzuki GS500F.
Features and Benefits
- 487cm3, DOHC, parallel-twin engine with compact and low-maintenance design, built to produce useful accessible power over broad rpm range.
- Transistorized electronic ignition and precise carburetion help keep the engine running efficiently, and deliver plentiful torque at low rpm.
- Air-cooling oil cooler enhances engine reliability.
- Two-into-one exhaust system adds invigorating note to the engine’s distinct pulses, yielding a good power delivery.
- Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system effectively keeps emissions low.
- Front telescopic forks and rear monoshock absorber are both tuned for exciting combination of precise handling and supple ride.
- Easily accessible seven-way preload adjuster of rear suspension allowing quick tailoring to rider’s preference.
- Front disc brake with two-piston caliper and rear disc brake provide excellent stopping power.
- Specifically designed bodywork provides a low center of gravity and compliant suspension setup for excellent combination of sporty handling performance and smooth comfortable ride.
- Lightweight and modest 790mm (31.1in) seat height helps easy stop/go even in the city traffic.
- 20-liter fuel tank, together with excellent engine fuel economy, means ample touring range.
- Practical and sporty full fairing with sharp-styled slots and cutouts on the fairing provide comfortable ride.
- Racer-replica-inspired vertical high/low beam headlights with a positioning light below it.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, air-cooled, DOHC|
|Engine Displacement||487 cm3 (29.7 cu. in)|
|Bore x Stroke||74.0 mm x 56.6 mm|
|Compression Ratio||9.0 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2080 mm (81.9 in)|
|Overall Width||800 mm (31.5 in)|
|Overall Height||1150 mm (45.3 in)|
|Wheelbase||1405 mm (55.3 in)|
|Ground Clearance||120 mm ( 4.7 in)|
|Seat Height||790 mm (31.1 in)|
|Curb Mass||199 kg (439 lbs)|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Tires Front||110/70-17M/C 54H, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||130/70-17M/C 62H, tubeless|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||20.0 L (5.3 US gal)|