2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius
When it comes to motorcycles, Suzuki is one of the most important manufacturers and its bikes have proved themselves to be reliable, strong and always equipped with the newest technologies.
The 2013 SFV 650 Gladius makes no exception and is one of the most capable motorcycles in its class. The motorcycle is built on a compact open trellis frame which helps it deliver a great handling. At its heart you will find a 645 cc V twin, double overhead camshaft engine which is fairly smooth and delivers generous low to mid-range power. The 90° V twin double overhead camshaft twin cylinder engine produces maximum power at 8,400rpm along with masses of torque through the rev range.
The 2013 Suzuki SFV 650 Gladius is offered with a starting price of $7,999 and a 12 month, unlimited mileage warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Suzuki SFV 650 Gladius.
2013 Suzuki SFV650 Gladius
Horsepower @ RPM:67 @ 9000
Torque @ RPM:46 @ 7600
The SFV650 helps define a unique motorcycling experience. With a compact open trellis frame, aggressive styling, and a 645cc V-twin, double overhead camshaft power plant, the SFV650 appeals from the outside in. It’s light crisp feel and smooth low to mid-range power delivery from the SFV650 just screams for a tour of your favorite road.
The trellis frame, lean and mean styling and the superb V-twin engine all add up to a unique motorcycling experience. The engine, and the way in which it delivers the power is at the heart of this radical and exciting design.
The free spinning, 90° V-twin double overhead camshaft twin cylinder engine produces maximum power at 8,400rpm along with masses of torque through the rev range. With power right off the bottom and stacks of punch that encourage early upshifting, the exhilarating V-twin character of the SFV650 craves the bends and twisties.
The slim engine is slotted into a gorgeous lightweight frame to make a perfectly balanced rider friendly middleweight. It’s light, crisp feel and sharp lines along with inherent stability and agility at any speed appeals to both highly experienced and novice riders alike, making it a machine for all to aspire to and for 2013 the SFV650 is also available with ABS.
Introducing a unique work of motorcycle art, a masterpiece of fresh styling.
Powered by a sporty 645cc V-Twin engine featuring the best of modern technology, delivering broad power.
A motorcycle that blends traditional displacement with an elegant new look, smooth handling and a friendly, comfortable ride.
Think of it as a combination of style and technology, efficiency and fashion, an unmatched value on two wheels, with an extra dose of daily fun included.
It is called the Suzuki GLADIUS.
For 2013, the SFV650 is available in a new Metallic Mat Black / Glass Sparkle Black color combination for USA. Nnew Metallic Thunder Gray/Glass Sparkle Black or Metallic Mat Black No.2/Glass Sparkle Black color combinations for Canada.
- Each cylinder head features a compact combustion chamber with two 31mm intake valves set at 14-degrees from the cylinder centerline and two 25.5mm exhaust valves set at 16-degrees from the cylinder centerline.
- Each 39mm throttle body carries a 10-hole fuel injector. The extra-fine atomization injectors produce an average spray particle diameter that is smaller for improved combustion efficiency
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system provides better efficiency and throttle response through a butterfly valve system with the primary valve controlled by the rider and the secondary throttle valve controlled by the engine management system.
- An automatic Idle Speed Control (ISC) system is integrated into each throttle body, and produces stable idle while improving cold starting and reducing emissions immediately after start up.
- Dual spark plugs cylinder heads feature iridium spark plugs reduce spark plug electrode degradation and allow the electrode to be finer producing a more intense, hotter spark and further enhancing combustion.
- Single valve springs reduce inertia weight and mechanical losses while maintaining accurate valve control.
- SFV650 is powered by a sporty fuel injected, DOHC 90-degree V-twin engine based on the proven SV650 powerplant famous for its long term reliability, broad power and quiet rumble.
- An oval throttle pulley helps smooth low rpm/mid-range power delivery
- Conventional pressed in iron liners are replaced with Suzuki’s own race proven nickel-phosphorus-silicon-carbide coating (SCEM), which reduces friction and improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
- The SFV650 arrives with a lighter and narrower radiator to increase efficiency, while an enhanced liquid to liquid oil cooler reduces weight.
- A strong and smooth shifting 6-speed transmission.
- Clutch release mechanism is changed from ball-screw type to cam type system and the transmission gear engagement dogs are strengthened to help improve shifting of the six speed transmission. .
- To reduce mechanical noise, a scissor type primary gear is split length wise with the two halves spring loaded, and the clutch and countershaft sprocket covers are now double layered for additional sound reduction.
- Compact trellis steel frame featuring 25-degree of rake and 104 mm of trail for stable and sporty handling with a beautiful look
- Chassis and bodywork are designed to be as slim as possible where the fuel tank meets the seat, the outside forward edges of the seat are rounded and features a low 796mm seat height. All to make the new SFV650 easier for entry level riders to comfortably put both feet on the ground when stopping and for maximum rider confidence.
- Dual floating front brake discs measure 290mm in diameter and work with dual piston calipers.
- Rear shock spring is preload adjustable over a seven step range and rear wheel travel is 130 mm
- Single rear shock is connected to the rectangular-section steel swingarm through a progressive linkage which allows the suspension to react smoothly to bumps and improve overall ride comfort.
- Front forks feature 41mm stanchions with spring preload adjustability over a 15mm range and front wheel travel is 125 mm.
- Instrument cluster is positioned above the headlight and provides an analog tachometer, LCD digital speedometer, LCD dual trip-meters and odometer. An LCD digital clock, and LCD digital gear position indicator are also featured. Indicator lights include a two way remaining fuel warning lamp, backed up by an LCD digital reserve trip meter.
- Fuel pump is lighter and more compact and located within the 15 liter fuel tank.
- Organically shaped multi reflector headlight incorporates high and low beams as well as a position light and flanked by chrome lens turn indicators.
- Compact combination tail and brake light is packaged neatly underneath the rear seat framed by stylish seat rails and also flanked by clear lens turn indicators
- Dunlop qualifiers sport radials are fitted with a 120/70ZR17 front and a 160/60ZR17 rear tire.
- Stylish 17 inch cast aluminum ?alloy wheels feature a new five spoke design with a 17 x 3.50 inch front wheel and a 17 x 5.00 inch rear wheel
- Tubular handlebar shape and footpeg positions are designed to work with the seat position to add to rider comfort.
- The carefully shaped seat has ample padding and the rear edges are bolstered to support the rider’s hips well.
- New European inspired styling treatment features sleek flowing lines and an unmatched elegant new look.
|US MSRP Price||$7,999|
|Engine||645 cc, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-Twin|
|Bore x Stroke||3.19 in x 2.46 in|
|Compression Ratio||11.5 : 1|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped, spring preload 7-step adjustable|
|Brakes Front||2-piston calipers, 290 mm disc, twin|
|Brakes Rear||1-piston caliper, 240mm disc|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||160/60ZR17M/C (69W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||3.8 US|
|Color||Metallic Mat Black / Glass Sparkle Black|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2130 mm (83.9 in.)|
|Overall Width||760 mm (29.9 in.)|
|Wheelbase||1445mm (56.9 in.)|
|Ground Clearance||135mm (5.3 in.)|
|Seat Height||785 mm (30.9 in.)|
|Curb Weight||202kg (446lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty|
* All information is subject to change without notice. At Total Motorcycle, we want every ride to be safe and enjoyable. So always wear a helmet, eye protection and protective clothing. Never ride under the influence of alcohol or other drugs. Avoid excessive speeds. Never engage in stunt riding. Study your owner’s manual and always inspect your Suzuki before riding. Take a riding skills course or the course nearest you call the Motorcycle Safety Foundation at 1-800-446-9227.
Suggested Starting Price shown does not include tax, title, or destination charge. Dealer prices may vary.