2014 Suzuki Burgman 200
Suzuki has taken the wraps off its new Burgman 200 ABS. The scooter is the smallest model in the Burgman lineup and shares many common elements with its bigger sibilings – the Burgman 400 and Burgman 650.
The scooter weighs only 163 kg and is propelled by a 200cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, OHC engine which puts out 18 hp and 18.8 Nm of torque. The engine is mated to a smooth CVT transmission.
As far as ergonomics are concerned, the Burgman 200 features a spacious seat with a generous storage box underneath it that is big enough to swallow 2 helmets.
The ride quality is assured by telescopic front forks (33mm inner tube diameter) and rear twin shock absorbers that feature spring pre-load adjustments.
The scooter’s speed is kept under control by a set of 240mm front discs with 2-piston calipers and 240mm rear discs with single piston calipers.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Suzuki Burgman 200 ABS.
2014 Suzuki Burgman 200
Horsepower @ RPM:18
Torque @ RPM:14
ABS will also be offered as an option for those in search of more on-road safety. With 13" wheels, the Burgman 200 is definitely up for a smooth cross-town ride.
The underseat storage looks very promising, capable of accommodating 2 helmets, while the rich and actual dash sports comprehensive hybrid instrumentation and an EcoDrive LED light. No price was announced yet, but we can expect that the Burgman 200 be included in their financing program.
Utilizing Suzuki’s most advanced technology the Burgman 200 ABS has got everything you need and more. The plush double stitched seating and specially designed cutaway floorboards provide a comfortable riding experience that is second to none. From the sleek elegant body styling to the powerful 200cc SOHC engine the Burgman 200 ABS offers best riding experience possible. Whether you are touring the town or commuting to work the Burgman 200 ABS is just what you need to get the job done with style and class.
- The Bugman 200’s ABS* monitors wheel speed and matches stopping power to available traction.
*Please note that ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
- Spacious under-seat storage can hold two full-face helmets.
- A lightweight and compact 200cc engine produces strong low-to-mid range power and is powerful enough for freeway commutes.
- Suzuki fuel injection system achieves superb combustion efficiency, results in smooth engine start, improved fuel efficiency and smooth power delivery.
- The continuously variable transmission (CVT) incorporates a fixed-spring design that minimizes vibration.
- The telescopic front forks (33mm inner tube diameter) soak in harsh road bumps to provide a plush ride.
- Rear twin shock absorbers are equipped with spring pre-load adjustment. Rider can adjust the spring setting depending on the conditions.
- Center fuel tank layout and compact engine design creates a low-center of gravity which contributes to great stability and maneuverability.
- The Burgman 200’s seat height comes in at 735mm and is the lowest in the class
- Ergonomically designed for an easy foot reach from the ground.
- The ergonomically designed and wind-tunnel tested windscreen provides excellent wind protection and reduces rider fatigue.
- 240mm front disc with 2-piston caliper and 240mm rear disc with single piston caliper provide efficient braking performance.
- The seat is shaped narrowly in the front while wider in the back for increased comfort.
- Conveniently placed grab bars for passengers.
- Two front storage compartments allow you to easily carry essential items on daily trips.
- A 12V DC outlet is located below the instrument panel is for ease of use and is ideal for powering a navigation unit or charging your mobile device.
- An instrument cluster with turn signal, high-beam, FI, ABS, water temp, eco drive, clock, fuel, and more!
- Clean and classy cockpit displays provides an enjoyable riding experience.
- Choose from a wide range of accessories to accompany you journey.
|Engine||200cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single-cylinder, OHC|
|Bore x Stroke||63.0 mm x 53.4 mm (2.717 in x 2.102 in)|
|Compression Ratio||11.0 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Clutch||Dry shoe, automatic, centrifugal type|
|Final Drive||V-belt Drive|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Swingarm type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Front Brake||Disc brake|
|Rear Brake||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||110/90-13 M/C 56P, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||130/70-12 62P, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||2.8 US - Including Reserve|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2055 mm (80.9 in)|
|Overall Width||740 mm (29.1 in)|
|Wheelbase||1465 mm (57.7 in)|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|Seat Height||735 mm (28.9 in)|
|Curb Weight||163 kg (359 lbs.) / 164 kg (362 lbs.) California|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty|