2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000
The 2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000 is one of the sportiest road legal motorcycles from the streets. It is powered by a 4 Stroke, 4 Cylinder, Liquid Cooled, DOHC engine with a displacement of 999 cc. The unit sends its power to the ground through a 6 speed, constant mesh transmission which delivers smooth and precise shifts.
A lightweight and compact twin-spar frame is made of five cast sections. The frame is combined with an arched swingarm made of three castings and one-piece die cast rear subframe.
As far as suspensions are concerned, the Suzuki GSX-R1000 is equipped with lightweight, fully adjustable 43 mm Showa Big Piston Front forks (BPF) and a modern rear shock absorber that features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and high-speed and low-speed compression damping.
The stopping power is handled by front disc and rear disc brakes.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000.
2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000
Engine:4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Energy:Suzuki Fuel Injection
The 2014 Suzuki GSX-R will once again prove itself to be legendary motorcycle with amazing throttle response, power, and acceleration at mid range engine speeds – all with great fuel economy. Engineering your dream bike to go fast is not the only priority at Suzuki. The ability to stop as you please, to turn as you command, is just as important to Suzuki as it is to you. The GSX-R line delivers outstanding braking capabilities with its Brembo calipers and heat-resistant stainless steel brake discs. The bike maneuvers like a dream with a solid chassis design and responsive suspension.
Simply put, the GSX-R1000 offers outstanding engine performance from idle to redline, smooth suspension performance, responsive handling, and superior braking to Own The Racetrack.
2014 Suzuki GSX-R1000 Features and Benefits:
• A 999cc four-cylinder powerplant, with Bore x Stroke of 74.5mm x 57.3mm brings enhanced throttle response across the entire rpm range and high potential for racetrack performance.
• Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed with the Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology and optimized camshaft profiles was developed using proven MotoGP racing technology.
• Optimally shaped combustion chambers and a compression ratio of 12.9:1 promote low-range and mid-range performance and help realize a broad torque curve. 12-hole fuel injectors produce a fine fuel mist for more complete combustion, reducing fuel consumption and exhaust emissions.
• Pentagonal shaped ventilation holes in the side of each cylinder bore reduce pumping losses, further improving throttle response. The shape of the ventilation holes - wider at the top, narrower at the bottom - matches the actual flow of the trapped air, reducing pumping losses due to internal crankcase air-pressure resistance to downward piston movement.
• The 4-2-1 exhaust system, carrying a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve maximizing torque and improving throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid rpm range.
• Large, efficient radiator with a trapezoidal shape developed on factory team racebikes and a trapezoidal engine oil cooler both help reduce drag.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase helps reduce friction, improve heat transfer, increase durability and provide better ring seal.
• Suzuki Ram Air-Direct (SRAD) air intakes are positioned close to the centerline of the fairing to provide optimum intake efficiency. The intake-duct openings feature a louvered design that heightens intake efficiency, while also contributing to weight reduction.
• Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system uses two butterfly valves (primary and secondary) in each throttle body barrel. As the rider opens and closes the primary valve, the ECM reads the throttle position, engine speed, and gear position and incrementally adjusts the secondary valve to maximize the intake-charge velocity. The result is a system that realizes the benefits of near-linear throttle response and torque output across the entire rpm range.
• Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) system allows the rider to select one of three fuel injection and ignition system maps, adjusting power delivery to suit personal preference. The mode selection switch is mounted on the left handlebar and its two buttons can be easily operated by the thumb and index finger.
• A six-speed close-ratio transmission
• Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
• A lightweight and compact twin-spar frame is made of five cast sections. It is mated with an arched swingarm made of three castings and one-piece die-cast rear subframe.
• The compact engine allows a longer swingarm and shorter overall wheelbase for improved racetrack performance.
• Lightweight, fully adjustable 43mm Showa Big Piston Front forks (BPF) with an endurance-race-proven design deliver superb feedback and responsive, stable operation, and are lightweight.
• Rear shock absorber features adjustable rebound damping, spring preload, and both high-speed and low-speed compression damping allowing adjustability for a wide range of conditions.
• Electronically controlled steering damper contributes to handling stability and a more alert and agile feel by increasing the damping force at higher speeds and reducing it at lower speeds.
• The front disc brakes are equipped with the top-of-the–line radial-mount Brembo monobloc calipers.
• The rear disc brake works with a single piston Nissin caliper mounted above the swingarm. The caliper’s compact design contributes to a reduction of unsprung weight.
• The front and rear tires tread patterns and lighter weight contribute to lower unsprung weight and sharper handling
• Instruments include a silver-ringed analog tachometer with LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meters, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure warning indicator, gear position indicator, lap timer/stopwatch, S-DMS setting indicator and bar-graph indicating the instrument lighting level, or brightness.
• The footpegs can be adjusted to any of three positions in a 14mm horizontal and vertical range. The rear brake pedal and master cylinder move with the right footpeg assembly, and the shift-lever linkage can be adjusted to accommodate changes in the position of the left footpeg.
• A high-grip leather seat features outstanding holding properties, providing the rider with a greater sense of stability when accelerating.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||74.5 mm x 57.3 mm (2.9 in x 2.3 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.9 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Chain, DID50VAZ, 114 links|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Brembo, Disc, Twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17 M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.6 US|
|Color||Metallic Triton Blue / Pearl Glacier White, Glass Sparkle Black / Metallic Mat Fibroin Gray|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2045 mm (80.5 in)|
|Overall Width||705 mm (27.8 in)|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm (5.1 in)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Curb Weight||203 kg (448 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|