2014 Suzuki GSX-R600
The Suzuki GSX-R600 has already proven its value and in at the moment is considered one of the best models in its class.
At the heart of the motorcycle lies a 599 cc, four cylinder engine which breaths through a 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system. The engine is kept in leash by a six-speed close-ratio transmission that features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
The motorcycle is built on a lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame which is made of five cast sections and features a cast swingarm.
Other features that are worthy of being mentioned include 3-way adjustable footpegs, an adjustable shift lever, a modern instrument cluster that features an analog tachometer with LCD readouts of the speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicators.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Suzuki GSX-R600.
2014 Suzuki GSX-R600
Engine:4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC
Energy:Suzuki Fuel Injection
The Suzuki GSX-R600 continues its dominance in the AMA Pro Road Racing series, taking all 600cc championships in 2012 - including the Daytona Sportbike, Supersport West, and Supersport East.This further solidifies the GSX-R600 as part of a race-winning line of motorcycles from coast to coast.
In 2012, Suzuki celebrated the 1 millionth produced GSX-R motorcycle, a feat only accomplished with the support of fans, race teams, and dealers worldwide. The reason - each GSX-R is developed with: an advanced race-proven 599cc, 4-cylinder, and liquid-cooled engine; a responsive, agile, and lightweight chassis; compact wheelbase; and race-developed suspension. In short, the GSX-R600 has once again proven to be the winning combination to Own the Racetrack.
2014 Suzuki GSX-R600 Features and Benefits:
• A 599cc, four-cylinder engine with a race-proven oversquare bore/stroke ratio provides exceptionally potent, high-revving performance.
• Shot-peened conrods, chrome-nitride-coated upper compression and oil control rings, and pentagonal ventilation holes help ensure efficient performance.
• Class leading Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection system includes fine-spray 8-hole injectors, providing improved fuel atomization contributing to more complete combustion in the cylinder.
• Advanced, MotoGP-developed transistorized ignition control circuit helps maintain more precise ignition timing across the range of engine temperatures.
• Lightweight, durable forged pistons are designed with the Finite Element Method (FEM) and fatigue analysis technology and optimized camshaft profiles was developed using proven MotoGP racing technology.
• A 4-into-1 stainless-steel exhaust system features a titanium muffler, which carries a Suzuki Exhaust Tuning (SET) valve. The system maximizes torque and improves throttle response, especially in the low-to-mid RPM range.
• Suzuki Drive Mode Selector (S-DMS) offers push-button selection of two racing-developed engine control maps to suit road conditions and personal preference.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) plated cylinders integrated into the upper crankcase helps reduce friction, improve heat transfer, increase durability and provide better ring seal.
• A six-speed close-ratio transmission features vertically staggered shafts to reduce overall engine length.
• Race-proven back-torque-limiting clutch contributes to smoother downshifting and corner entry.
• Race-developed, lightweight 41mm Showa Big Piston front-Fork (BPF) delivers superb feedback and consistent performance.
• A lightweight and compact twin-spar aluminum cradle frame is made of five cast sections and features a cast swingarm.
• An electronically controlled steering damper provides lighter steering at lower speeds and more damping force at racetrack and highway speeds.
• Front brakes feature fully floating 310mm discs and radial-mounted, four-piston Brembo monoblock calipers.
• A single Showa rear shock features externally adjustable rebound and compression damping, along with adjustable ride height.
• 3-way adjustable footpegs, adjustable shift lever, and short fuel tank help compose a comfortable riding position.
• Instrument cluster features an analog tachometer with LCD readouts of the speedometer, odometer, dual trip meter, reserve trip meter, clock, coolant temperature/oil pressure indicator, S-DMS and gear position indicators.
• Compact, lightweight instrument cluster with a built-in lap timer/stopwatch and programmable engine RPM indicator.
• Small, simple and lightweight bodywork featuring exciting, aerodynamic styling
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0 mm x 42.5 mm (2.638 in x 1.673 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.9 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Final Drive||RK525SMOZ8, 114 links, Chain|
|Suspension Front||Inverted Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Brembo, Disc, Twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||180/55ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||4.5 US|
|Color||Metallic Triton Blue / Pearl Glacier White, Pearl Bracing White / Glass Sparkle Black|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2030 mm (79.9 in)|
|Overall Width||710 mm (28.0 in)|
|Wheelbase||1385 mm (54.5 in)|
|Ground Clearance||130 mm ( 5.1 in)|
|Seat Height||810 mm (31.9 in)|
|Curb Weight||187 kg (412 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|