2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Built with comfort, practicality and efficiency in mind, the 2014 Suzuki V-Storm is ready to follow you in your wildest adventures every time you jump on its saddle.
The 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650 sports a 645 cc, fuel injected, 4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-twin engine which is mated to a six speed constant mesh transmission.
The engine is mounted on a lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame which is paired with a similarly light swingarm to deliver first class handling performances.
As far as suspensions are concerned, the Suzuki V-Strom 650 is equipped with 5-way spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-telescopic front forks and a link-type rear suspension with 6.3 inches of travel, stepless rebound damping adjuster and 5-way spring preload adjuster. You also get 19-inch front and 17-inch rear wheels shod in 110/80R19M/C 59H and 150/70R17M/C 69H tubeless tires.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650.
2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650
Engine:4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-Twin
Energy:Suzuki Fuel Injection
Last year, Suzuki introduced the redesigned V-Strom 650 ABS that focused on more than comfort. It enhanced the running performance and in-town versatility of the popular V-Strom brand. The 645cc, v-twin engine features outstanding performance in low-to mid rpm range and has impressive styling that stands out in form and function. The V-Strom 650 ABS is an environmentally friendly vehicle that has excellent fuel economy for daily commuting and weekend touring. The Suzuki V-Strom 650 is just what you dreamed of to tackle on your exotic getaway.
2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Key Features:
• The V-Strom 650 Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
• Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile. Colors available: Pearl Glacier White and Pearl Vigor Blue
2014 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS Features and Benefits:
• 645cc V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm range power surges for full-range riding enjoyment. An efficient engine design delivers high mileage and class-leading riding range.
• A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS has a high-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum muffler that is tuned to enhance engine torque and low-to-midrange performance.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
• Twin iridium spark plugs for each cyclinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
• A radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency, directing engine heat to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs. (*Patent granted.)
• Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.
• The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
• Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and excellent stability at high-speeds.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS features 5-way spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-telescopic front forks with 5.9 inches of travel working with a link-type rear suspension with 6.3 inches of travel, stepless rebound damping adjuster and 5-way spring preload adjuster which can be increased or decreased by turning a knob providing a ride that suits the rider preference for comfort.
• Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brake deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
• 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tires specifically designed for the V-Strom 650 ABS.
• The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
• A 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS features a comfortable riding position, thanks to its well-shaped seat. A slim 5.3 gallon fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.
• The V-Strom 650 ABS seat combines red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and is topped off with an embossed V-Strom logo.
• A lightweight, one-piece, resin luggage carrier with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat.
• Instrumentation includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock. Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
• LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator, which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
|Engine||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90-degree V-Twin|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.189 in x 2.465 in)|
|Compression Ratio||11.2 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Chain, DID525V8, 118 links|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||110/80R19M/C 59H, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||150/70R17M/C 69H, tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||5.3 US|
|Color||Pearl Bracing White, Candy Daring Red|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2290 mm (90.2 in)|
|Overall Width||835 mm (32.9 in)|
|Wheelbase||1560 mm (61.4 in)|
|Ground Clearance||175 mm (6.9 in)|
|Seat Height||835 mm (32.9 in)|
|Curb Weight||214 kg (472 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|