2015 Suzuki DR-Z400S
The Suzuki DR-Z400S is an efficient, reliable and practical motorcycle that can deal great both with the savage trails of the forest and the paved roads.
It features a 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC engine with a displacement of 398cc. The engine is mated on a five speed constant mesh transmission. The unit is mounted on a narrow frame which combines thin chrome-moly steel tubes and is paired with a bolt-on aluminum subframe.
As far as suspensions are concerned, the motorcycle is equipped with long travel (11.3 in), 49mm cartridge-style forks with protective rubber boots (adjustable compression/rebound damping and adjustable spring preload) and a modern rear shock absorber which features 11.6 in of travel (compression damping/preload adjustments).
The motorcycle’s speed is kept under control by a 250 mm front disc with dual-piston caliper and a 220mm rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper.
Hit the jump for more information on the Suzuki DR-Z400S.
2015 Suzuki DR-Z400S
Engine:4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
Top Speed:94 mph (Est.)
The 2015 DR-Z400S is ideal for taking a ride down your favorite off-road trail. You’ll be impressed with the amount of torque coming from the 398cc liquid-cooled power plant as well as the crisp handling from the adjustable suspension. This bike is completely street legal with an electric start and easy-to-read instrument cluster. Whether you’re on the highway or in a tight twisty forest trail, the Suzuki DR-Z400S can’t be beat.
2015 Suzuki DR-Z400S Key Features:
• A compact design, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong low-RPM power. Its compact 4-valve cylinder head features large 36mm intake valves and 29mm exhaust valves help produce broad, tractable power and torque ready for any terrain.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) cylinder for durable, lightweight and provides superior heat transfer.
• Digitally mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
• Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling to the piston crown through a crankcase oil jet.
• A Mikuni™ 36mm carburetor fed by a 6-liter airbox provides smooth throttle response. The left side cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
• Electric start system provides convenient operation and features a lightweight starter motor and a compact 6.5 amp maintenance-free battery.
• Magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto and cam covers contribute to weight reduction.
• A compact 5-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with separate outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
• Compact digital instrument cluster with speedometer, odometer, twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, timer and stopwatch functions.
• On-road legal lighting with bright 60/55 watt H4 halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals and horn.
• A pouch on the rear fender carries tool kit and the owner’s manual.
• A narrow frame combines thin chrome-moly steel tubes for exceptional torsional rigidity with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank. A bolt-on aluminum subframe helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance.
• Long travel (11.3 in), 49mm cartridge-style forks with protective rubber boots, feature adjustable compression/rebound damping and adjustable spring preload for smooth performance on all types of on/off-road terrain.
• Rear shock absorber features 11.6 in of travel, compression damping/preload adjustments and connects to a lightweight aluminum swingarm through a progressive linkage system.
• Sure stopping power is supplied by a 250mm front disc with dual-piston caliper and a 220mm rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper.
|Engine||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||90.0 mm x 62.6 mm (3.54 in x 2.44 in)|
|Compression Ratio||11.3 : 1|
|Fuel System||MIKUNI BSR36, single|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Chain, RK520KZ0, 112 links|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||80/100-21 M/C 51P, tube type|
|Tires Rear||120/90-18 M/C 65P, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||2.6 US - Including Reserve|
|Color||Solid Special White No.2 / Solid Iron Gray|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Overall Length||2310 mm (90.9 in)|
|Overall Width||875 mm (34.4 in)|
|Wheelbase||1485 mm (58.5 in)|
|Ground Clearance||300 mm (11.8 in)|
|Seat Height||935 mm (36.8 in)|
|Curb Weight||144 kg (317 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|