2015 Suzuki Hayabusa
Since its inception, the Suzuki Hayabusa was considered one of the fastest bikes from the streets and in the latest year has been constantly upgraded and refined,
The 2015 model year features fresh radial-mount Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers which are lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers. It is also worthy of being mentioned that the piston diameter was enlarged from 32-30mm to 32-32mm, thus significantly improving the stopping power.
The motorcycle weighs 266 kg and at its heart sits a 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC engine with a displacement of 1340cc. The engine’s power is transferred to the rear wheel by means of a 6-Speed, Constant Mesh transmission.
The 2015 Suzuki Hayabusa is offered with a base price of $14,599.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2015 Suzuki Hayabusa.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa
Engine:4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC
Energy:Suzuki Fuel Injection
Top Speed:186 mph (Est.)
More than a decade ago, Suzuki developed a machine so unique that it instantly attracted a devoted following around the world. Like its namesake, the Japanese peregrine falcon, the Hayabusa is famed for cutting through the air with incredible agility and performance.
Through countless engineering refinements of the original design, the Hayabusa spirit has endured. In 2014, the model received Brembo Monobloc high-performance calipers and an Antilock Brake System. Its incomparable performance delivers a fun and sporty ride at any speed, setting the bar high for rivals and defining the “Ultimate Sport Bike.” The radically original yet timeless styling also reflects the spirit of the person who owns a Hayabusa. Its sensational power, speed, smooth ride and overwhelming presence continue to fascinate owners and onlookers alike. Because the Hayabusa is, and always will be, the ultimate sport bike.
*The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa Key Features:
• Lighter and more rigid than conventional bolt-together calipers, the Hayabusa’s top-of-the-line radial-mount Brembo Monobloc front brake calipers deliver better feedback to the rider. Piston diameter was enlarged from 32-30mm to 32-32mm. Larger pistons help apply greater force to the brake disc, which results in increased initial bite and a more controlled feeling
• The standard equipment Antilock Brake System (ABS) unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS enhances brake performance by helping prevent, to a certain extent, wheel locking due to changes in road conditions or excessive braking, by matching stopping power to available traction.
2015 Suzuki Hayabusa Features and Benefits:
• A 1340cc in-line 4-cylinder fuel injected, DOHC liquid-cooled engine with 16-valves and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC) provides phenomenal power and broad torque delivering breath taking acceleration.
• Lightweight aluminum alloy pistons with a compression ratio of 12.5:1 are used for maximum performance in all connditions. Hard, smooth chrome-nitride Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD) coating on the upper compression and oil control rings on each piston reduces friction while improving cylinder sealing.
• Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder plating improves heat transfer, durability and ring seal.
• Lightweight titanium valves allow the use of light valve springs and high lift while maintaining accurate valve control. Iridium spark plugs are used for high combustion efficiency.
• Curved radiator with a compact, dense-core design and engine-management-computer-controlled two ring-type electric fans mounted on the rear of the radiator, increasing the control accuracy and keeping engine temperature stable.
• The Hayabusa’s engine is fed by tapered, 44mm double barrel Suzuki’s SDTV (Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve) throttle bodies utilizing dual 12-hole, fine-spray injectors per cylinder and ram air intake with large volume airbox. This precise, carefully controlled system improves combustion efficiency results in improved power delivery and a more linear response.
• Idle Speed Control (ISC) system improves cold starting and helps maintain stable engine idle under various conditions.
• Suzuki Pulsed-secondary AIR-injection (PAIR) system ignites unburned hydrocarbons and reduces carbon monoxide emissions.
• S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) allows the rider to choose from three different engine settings depending on riding conditions or rider preferences.
• An optimized 6-speed transmission features oil spray to the 4th, 5th, and 6th gears to reduce wear and mechanical noise during highway cruising.
• Suzuki Clutch Assist System (SCAS) serves as back-torque-limiting system for smooth downshifts and also contributes to a light clutch pull.
• A lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum frame minimizes weight while maintaining high torsional strength.
• KYB inverted cartridge forks feature a Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) coating surface treatment on the 43mm stanchion tubes to reduce friction and increase reaction to small surface irregularities. Spring preload, compression damping and rebound damping are fully adjustable.
• A bridged aluminum alloy swingarm features a cross-sectional shape for increased rigidity, which also helps cope with improved rear tire grip and increased engine output. The Hayabusa’s fully adjustable rear shock absorber has a 43mm piston and 14mm rod diameter.
• Large 310mm (12.2 inch) dual-floating-disc front brakes with efficient, race-proven aluminum-piston, radial-mount Brembo calipers, and 260mm (10.2 inch) single-disc rear brake with single-piston brake caliper work together with a new ABS system offering superior braking performance.
• The Hayabusa’s instrument cluster features four analog meters for speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge and water temperature with an S-DMS mode indicator, gear position indicator and adjustable engine-rpm indicator.
• Vertically stacked twin headlights provide increased light intensity, improved light distribution and match the elegant flow of the Hayabusa styling.
• Advanced aerodynamics offering superb wind protection both for normal and completely tucked-in seating positions.
• The tire’s profile and compound were developed through a variety of testing to achieve a high level of stability and handling.
|Engine||4-stroke, Liquid-cooled, 4-cylinder, DOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm x 65.0 mm (3.19 in x 2.56 in)|
|Compression Ratio||12.5 : 1|
|Fuel System||Suzuki Fuel Injection|
|Transmission||6-speed, constant mesh|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Brembo, Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||120/70ZR17M/C (58W), tubeless|
|Tires Rear||190/50ZR17M/C (73W), tubeless|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||5.5 US|
|Color Options||Glass Sparkle Black / Metallic Thunder Gray, Pearl Vigor Blue / Metallic Mystic Silver|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Overall Length||2190 mm (86.2 in)|
|Overall Width||735 mm (28.9 in)|
|Wheelbase||1480 mm (58.3 in)|
|Ground Clearance||120 mm (4.7 in)|
|Seat Height||805 mm (31.7 in)|
|Curb Weight||266 kg (586 lbs)|
|Warranty||12 month unlimited mileage limited warranty.|
"The 2015 Suzuki Hayabusa features a powerful 1340cc inline four cylinder liquid cooled engine with 16 valves and Twin Swirl Combustion Chambers (TSCC) for fast acceleration. It has been equipped with more lightweight and unyielding calipers while the Anti-Locking Braking System has been made a standard on the Suzuki Hayabusa. The Hayabusa starts easier on cold mornings due in thanks to the Idle Speed Control (ISC) while with the S-DMS (Suzuki Drive Mode Selector) you can choose the riding mode for the conditions and preferences." — Motorcycle USA
"The bike that created the most devoted following in the world, the 2015 Suzuki Hayabusa still delivers unsurpassed performance at any speed, setting the bar high for rivals and defining the “Ultimate Sport Bike.” The radically original styling also reflects the spirit of the person who owns a Hayabusa. Sensational power, speed, smooth ride and overwhelming presence continue to fascinate owners and onlookers alike." — Roadracing World