2015 Suzuki RM-Z250
The Suzuki RM-Z250 was built for the most demanding off road riders and features top notch components which combine to form a perfect mix that delivers superior ride and handling performances in a wide range of tracks.
Among them you’ll find a Showa Separate Function front Fork, race-inspired disc rotors and Excel aluminum rims. The Suzuki RM-Z250 is propelled by a 4-stroke, liquid - cooled, single cylinder, DOHC engine with a displacement of 249 cc. The engine needs to deal with a curb weight of 106.5 kg and is mated on a 5-speed constant mesh transmission.
The motorcycle’s speed is kept under control by front and rear disc brakes. You also get a pair of grippy tires that measure 80/100-21 51M up front and 100/90-19 57M at the rear.
The Suzuki RM-Z250 is offered with a starting price of $7,599.
Hit the jump for more information on the Suzuki RM-Z250.
2015 Suzuki RM-Z250
Engine:4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC
Top Speed:85 mph (Est.)
The 2015 RM-Z250 contains all the necessary components for a championship bike. Class-leading handling aided by the Showa Separate Function front Fork, combined with a substantial four-stroke engine, the RM-Z will suffice for any rider looking to carve up the track and win!
Champions Choose Suzuki...and Suzuki supports future champions! In addition to all the high-tech features and race-winning performance of the 2015 RM-Z models, Suzuki offers the best amateur racing program around!
2015 Suzuki RM-Z250 Key Features:
• ECM ignition program has been changed for improved starting performance.
• Stylish two-tone radiator shrouds with new aggressive graphics and yellow number plate accentuate the RM-Z250’s agile looks.
2015 Suzuki RM-Z250 Features and Benefits:
• Two couplers are included for quickly adjusting the fuel setting to suit the riding conditions. One is for a richer fuel setting than the stock setting and the other is for a leaner fuel setting. Riders can change the fuel setting to suit the best riding conditions by simply connecting either coupler.
• The 249cc, 4-stroke, fuel-injected, DOHC engine, with a compact and lightweight design, powers the RM-Z250’s championship-winning performance.
• Through feedback from factory racing, the piston and piston pin is developed using Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis.
• The crankcase reed valve has been revised for more efficient lubrication. The new oil strainer has a stronger magneto to capture contaminants from the engine oil. Together these changes contribute to better throttle response and smoother power delivery.
• The advanced battery-less fuel-injection (FI) system features a 44mm throttle body with progressive throttle linkage and a 16-bit computer. The fuel injection system uses a unique capacitor-assisted starting system and is powered by a durable, lightweight magneto-generator after starting.
• The aluminum cylinder with Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) coating is built for durability, light weight and efficient heat transfer.
• The muffler body uses conventional bolts in end cap instead of rivets to simplify the replacement of the glass wool packing in the muffler.
• A new ECM with higher processing performance and a new high power ignition coil optimize combustion efficiency for increased roll-on performance.
• The RM-Z250’s cooling efficiency is increased thanks to a redesigned radiator fin and revised water hose routing, making the bike’s high performance power output more stable, even in the most demanding conditions. RM-Z250’s also features a new by-pass hose routing to simplify occasional radiator maintenance.
• FI indicator (optional part: 36380-28H00) has hour meter function, indicates how many hours engine running.
• The transmission design achieves a smooth yet solid shift feel. The method of fastening the sprocket attains a quick shift feel.
• Smart chassis design details include footrest brackets shaped to help prevent mud clogging.
• The front fork spring pre-load and damping force are fully adjustable, allowing wider range of settings.
• The Separate Function front Fork (SFF) from Showa, separates the spring and damping tasks. The right leg holds the spring, while the left leg incorporates the cartridge assembly to manage damping. This results in reduced friction, increased absorption performance, and weight saving.
• Race-inspired disc rotors and Excel aluminum rims are standard equipment.
• Renthal aluminum Fatbar is standard equipment. It has more strength and less vibration than aluminum straight handlebars
• To maintain the RM-Z’s renowned handling performance, each bike’s rear suspension features a Showa Piggyback shock with setting changes and adjustments to best match with the increased engine performance and front forks changes. The design allows enhanced suspension performance for a wider variety of riders.
• The frame and seat rail have been refined for optimized rigidity balance. The result is an ideal balance of nimble handling and stability.
• The gripper seat has projecting cross-shaped patterns on its red top surface to provide additional grip.
|Engine||4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single cylinder, DOHC|
|Bore Stroke||77.0mm (3.0 in) x 53.6mm (2.1 in)|
|Fuel System||Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||Electronic ignition (CDI)|
|Overall Length||2170 mm (85.4 in)|
|Overall Width||830 mm (32.7 in)|
|Overall Height||1270 mm (50.0 in)|
|Wheelbase||1475 mm (58.1 in)|
|Ground Clearance||345 mm (13.6 in)|
|Seat Height||955 mm (37.6 in)|
|Curb Weight||106.5 kg (235 lbs)|
|Transmission||5-speed constant mesh|
|Final Drive||Chain, DID520DMA4, 114 links|
|Suspension Front||Inverted telescopic, coil spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc brake|
|Brakes Rear||Disc brake|
|Tires Front||80/100-21 51M, tube type|
|Tires Rear||100/90-19 57M, tube type|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||6.5 L (1.7 US gallons)|
|Color||Champion Yellow / Solid Black|