2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS EXP
The spirit of adventure beckons you to new destinations. To new sights, sounds and sensations. The V-Strom 650 ABS is built to get you there with more enjoyment and excitement, in greater comfort. Time for real adventures.
The V-Strom 650 ABS EXP builds on the comfort, flexibility and performance of the standard model with Aluminum Side Cases & Top Case, Vario Windshield, Engine Guard, Under Cowling and Hand Guards. This unrivaled combination of performance, specifications and value provide what’s needed for high mileage, two-up adventure touring.
*The ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves.
Continue reading for more information on the Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS EXP.
2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS EXP
Engine:4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90degree V-Twin
2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS EXP Key Features:
- * The V-Strom 650 Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. The ABS monitors wheel speed, and matches stopping power to available traction.
- * Compact, slim styling featuring a vivid combination of expressive painted sections and functional black resin components accentuates the sporty profile. Colors available: Red; Blue, Matt Grey
- * *Please note that ABS is a supplemental device for brake operation, not a device for shortening stopping distance. Always remember to reduce speed sufficiently before approaching curves and corners.
2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650 ABS EXP Features and Benefits:
- * 645cc V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm range power surges for full-range riding enjoyment. An efficient engine design delivers high mileage and class-leading riding range.
- * A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
- * The V-Strom 650 ABS has a high-mounted stainless steel exhaust system with aluminum muffler that is tuned to enhance engine torque and low-to-midrange performance.
- * The V-Strom 650 ABS fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
- * Twin iridium spark plugs for each cyclinder heighten the spark strength and combustion efficiency, contributing to increased power, a more linear throttle response, easier engine start-up and a more stable idle.
- * A radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency, allows hot radiator air to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs. (*Patent pending.)
- * Suzuki-developed and patented Throttle-body Integrated Idle Speed Control (TI-ISC) contributes to easy cold starting, stable idle and lower emissions.
- * The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
- * Lightweight and rigid twin-spar aluminum-alloy frame and swingarm contribute to smooth handling performance and well-poised running at high-speeds.
- * The V-Strom 650 ABS features spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and link-type rear suspension with rebound stepless damping adjuster as well as a spring preload adjuster.
- * Front dual 310mm-disc brakes and rear 260mm-disc brake deliver smooth, controllable stopping power. Expansion-resistant high-pressure brake hose enhances the responsive brake feel.
- * The seat height can be factory lowered with Suzuki factory suspension modifications performed by a dealer.
- * 19-inch front and 17-inch rear radial tires specifically designed for the V-Strom 650 ABS.
- * The sporty, dynamic front fairing houses compact dual multi-reflector headlight delivering superb light distribution.
- * A 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
- * The V-Strom 650 ABS features a comfortable riding position, thanks to its well-shaped seat. A slim 5.3 gallon fuel tank and compactly tucked-in frame covers make the rider feel at one with the machine.
- * The V-Strom 650 ABS seat combines red-stitched leather-look sections and suede-look, slip-resistant surfaces, and is topped off with an embossed V-Strom logo.
- * A lightweight, one-piece, resin luggage carrier with well-shaped, easy-to-grasp grab bars comes with a slip-resistant rubber mat.
- * Instrumentation includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock. Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- * LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator, which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps riders’ awareness of road conditions.
|Engine Type||4-stroke, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 90degree V-Twin|
|Displacement||645 cm3 (39.4 cu. In)|
|Bore x Stroke||81.0 mm X 62.6 mm (3.189 in X 2.465 in)|
|Compression Ratio||11.2 : 1|
|Transmission||6-speed constant mesh|
|Overall Length||2290 mm (90.2 in)|
|Overall Width||835 mm (32.9 in)|
|Overall Height||1405 mm (55.4 in)|
|Wheelbase||1560 mm (61.4 in)|
|Ground Clearance||175 mm (6.9 in)|
|Seat Height||835mm (32.9 in)|
|Curb Mass||214 kg|
|Suspension Front||Telescopic, coil Spring, oil damped|
|Suspension Rear||Link type, coil spring, oil damped|
|Brakes Front||Disc, twin|
|Tires Front||110/80R19M/C 59H, tubeless|
|Tires Rear||150/70R17M/C 69H, tubeless|
|Ignition Type||Electronic ignition (Transistorized)|
|Fuel Tank||20.0 L (5.3 US gal)|
|Standard Warranty||12 Month unlimited mileage limited warranty|
|Color Options||Red, Blue, Gray|
“Suzuki announced a refreshed version of its V-Strom 650 during the 2014 Intermot Show in Cologne, Germany: the 2015 V-Strom 650 XT ABS. The XT isn’t a drastic departure from the standard-issue Wee-Strom; it’s still powered by the same 645cc liquid-cooled DOHC V-Twin and has the identical suspension, frame and braking set-up with ABS. Differences lie in the details, one of the most prominent being the new wire-spoked aluminum wheels. Suzuki claims the new wheels, fit with tubeless radial tires, will be more effective in absorbing low-speed bumps.” ----- Motorcycle USA
“The new chassis is an evolved version of the V-Strom’s previous aluminum frame, but now featuring an extruded aluminum swingarm and elegant wire wheels in place of the cast ones. As such, the new 2015 Suzuki V-Strom 650XT, which weighs a claimed 474 lb. is a sensible multi-purpose bike. Seat height is an acceptable 32.8 inches, and the well-designed fairing has an adjustable windscreen.” ----- Cycle World