2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight
A pair of streamlined leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, a adjustable, quick detachable windshield, and a quick detachable passenger backrest make the Stratoliner excellent for long hauls and short trips.
All-new 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection ensures optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
Neo-streamline design, including the first seamless fuel tank on a Star cruiser, gives the Stratoliner highly distinctive, custom looks.
All-new long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and great handling, too, thanks to near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
Stratoliner Midnight is decked out in shiny Raven paint with blacked-out components thro
2006 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight
Horsepower @ RPM:0@0
Torque @ RPM:2500
Top Speed:105 mph
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled pushrod 48-degree V-twin has the massive looks and performance to make the Stratoliner the king of the Star family.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep it smooth but rumbly.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board
- Computer-controlled Twin-bore fuel injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; a wide-angle 12-hole fuel injector provides excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000 RPM range.
- Special, NC processing of the cooling fins gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- 3300 RPM at 75 mph gives some idea of the Stratoliner’s power and cruisability. Maximum torque occurs at only 2500 RPM.
- All-new aluminum frame is light, rigid, and requires few welds. A light, Controlled Fill swingarm casting complements the bike’s streamline style.
- With 49.6-percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Stratoliner has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
- 46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut black covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- A thick, richly chromed handlebar in black clamps carries the Stratoliner’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- All-new seamless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat 190/60-17 rear.
- New-design front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel.
- Strong and light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Stratoliner.
- New-design classic-clock style instrumentation complements Stratoliner’s neo-retro look and includes analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge along with digital twin tripmeters, odometer and diagnostics.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turnsignals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- A sliding cover over the main switch gives a clean look when the Stratoliner’s parked.
- Windshield and backrest lock into place for added security.
- Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions and meet EPA 2006 requirements.
- Sidebags detach easily for cleaning.