2006 Yamaha V Max
by Cyril Demortier, on
It’s never stopped living up to its reputation.
Achieving Musclebike status doesn’t come easy.Keeping it is hard.
Keeping it for over 20 years is nothing short of awesome.
The awemome V Max .
Again ....Right Manuel : ) (My friend’s bike)
2006 Yamaha V Max
Horsepower @ RPM:110@8200
Torque @ RPM:6300
Quarter Mile time:-11 sec.
Top Speed:133 mph
- The original 1198cc V-4 power cruiser has a unique style, stance and look that’s all its own as well as an international fan base.
- Bulletproof shaft drive and heavy-duty components throughout.
- Liquid-cooled, 1198cc, DOHC, 16-valve, 70° V-4 engine has no equal in its class, pumping out tremendous, hard-hitting power to make it the ultimate quick-accelerating, high-performance king.
- Patented Yamaha “V-Boost” induction, a power-boosting variable intake system, force feeds massive quantities of fuel into the cylinders via a servo-controlled butterfly valve at 6000 RPM and above.
- Four 35mm Mikuni downdraft carburetors ensure seamless, lightning-quick throttle response.
- Specially designed high-lift camshafts ensure ample acceleration at lower RPM along with legendary top-end for a broad, deep powerband.
- Specially tempered crankshaft and connecting rods provide excellent durability.
- Smooth-shifting, five-speed transmission puts that massive powerband to the pavement with one purpose: maximum acceleration all the way to redline.
- Hydraulically activated diaphragm-type clutch delivers precise clutch performance with lighter pull.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive provides ultra-smooth performance that’s virtually lash-free.
- Low-slung styling keeps the seat low for great handling, confident low-speed maneuvering and V-Max’s unique look.
- Stout, 43mm front fork features 5.5 inches of travel and air-assist adjustability for fine-tuning the ride.
- Dual rear shocks feature four-position rebound damping and five-way spring-preload adjustability.
- Fat, 6-inch rear tire mounted on solid disc wheel hooks up with the asphalt for maximum traction.
- Dual 298mm front discs with four-piston calipers and a single 282mm rear disc brakes reel the V-Max in.
- Underseat fuel tank helps balance the bike’s weight and provides space for large-capacity airbox located above the carburetors.
- Fuel reserve switch is conveniently positioned on the handlebars.
- Fork seal guards help prevent rock and debris damage to fork sliders.
- Trick-looking, onyx w/shift red flames finish on fuel tank combine with massive-looking faux air intake scoops to give the V-Max the perfect “street rod” look and feel.
- Wide, thickly padded seat and plush passenger saddle with grabrail adds exceptional comfort to the incomparable excitement.
- Handy centerstand for convenience and service accessibility.
- Compact speedometer unit keeps cockpit clean and simple and offers easy readability of tripmeter/odometer and neutral, high beam, turn signal, low oil and low fuel indicator lights.