2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
Bags and a windshield alone don’t make a cruiser ready for the open road. The legendary heart of a Road Star, on the other hand does.
2007 Yamaha Road Star Silverado
A massive 1,670cc V-twin delivers impressive torque and the kind of cruising performance you only get from a Yamaha. And with wide, rubber-mounted handlebars, a touring seat geared to all-day riding, and roomy soft saddlebags, you’re ready for the long-haul. Pure power. Uncompromised comfort. And it’s dangerously close to being too damn beautiful to ride. Simply legendary.
- A medium-size adjustable windshield enhances riding experience by keeping wind and weather off the rider.
- Stylish soft leather saddlebags with quick-release buckles look great and provide ample storage for traveling.
- Touring rider seat and passenger seat with backrest is shaped for roominess and extended long-range comfort.
- Power is not a problem for the long-legged 102-cubic-inch V-twin, and belt final drive passes it to the rear wheel with maximum efficiency.
- Fat whitewall tires evoke the classic retro cruiser look.
- 102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV 48° V-twin pumps out huge amounts of torque barely off idle for brisk acceleration and fantastic overall cruising performance.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and less maintenance. Ceramic composite cylinder bore plating ensures greater durability and optimal heat dissipation.
- Single Mikuni 40mm CV carburetor with throttle position sensor features electronic fuel and accelerator pumps, carburetor heater and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance with low RPM at highway speeds.
- Dry sump lubrication system uses a handy spin-on filter and creates lower center of gravity by helping keep overall engine height to a minimum.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, dependable starting.
- Two-into-two exhaust system features beefy, staggered shotgun dual pipes putting out a soulful V-twin exhaust tune.
- Solid-mounted engine housed in specially designed rigid-look, double-cradle frame features a stylish 32-degree rake.
- Extra-long 66.5-inch wheelbase creates long and low retro profile, added rider comfort and well-balanced handling.
- Telescopic 43mm front forks with stainless steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel stylishly smooth out the bumps.
- Out-of-sight link-type, preload-adjustable rear shock provides 4.3 inches of wheel travel for great handling and a plush ride.
- Shiny laced wheels wearing whitewall tires are a classic, yet sporty look while providing confidence-inspiring handling and excellent grip.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature four-piston calipers with aluminum pistons and sintered brake pads for strong, linear stopping power, backed up by a 320mm single rear disc.
- Lightweight and high-strength final drive belt provides long life and quiet operation.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish feature rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Ultra-thin, tank-mounted speedometer features a stylish design and provides easy reading of odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and fuel gauge as well as low fuel, high beam, turn signal, neutral and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Full-size floating-type rider and passenger floorboards are roomy and comfortable.
- A two-piece heel/toe shifter, and braided stainless clutch and throttle cables add even more comfort and style.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light means exceptional cruising range.
- Seat and fork locks both integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy dual underseat helmet holders.
- Powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and comes with beautiful chrome finish.
- 12V 18-amp-hour maintenance-free battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
- $13,099 (Liquid Silver/Cobalt Blue) Available from July 2006
- Type 102 cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled, pushrod OHV, 48-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke 97mm x 113mm
- Compression Ratio 8.3:1
- Carburetion 40mm Mikuni CV w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Transmission Wide-ratio 5-speed
- Final Drive Belt
- Suspension/Front 43mm Telescopic fork; 5.5" travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type; 4.3" travel
- Brakes/Front Dual 298mm discs
- Brakes/Rear 320mm disc
- Tires/Front 130/90-16
- Tires/Rear 150/80-16
- Length 98.4"
- Width 38.6"
- Height 59.1"
- Seat Height 28"
- Ground Clearance 5.7"
- Wheelbase 66.5"
- Dry Weight 721 lb.
- Fuel Capacity 5.3 gal.
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)