2007 Yamaha Roadliner S
Voted Cycle World Magazine’s "Best Cruiser of 2006", Roadliner S is the sweetest, coolest cruiser we’ve ever built, designed especially for the serious chrome lover.
2007 Yamaha Roadliner S
You are looking at the latest generation of Star cruisers. A culmination of all the knowledge we have gained since the introduction of the Star series. The stunningly beautiful Roadliner S is more than just a pretty face, it is an incredible cruising experience. Discover for yourself how the1854cc V-Twin power, fuel injection, aluminum frame and swingarm, are all skillfully crafted to provide an incredible feeling of sensual performance and excitement.
- The Roadliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, rear fender stay and polished wheels.
- The Star Motorcycles flagship is Cycle World magazine’s Best Cruiser for 2006, V-Twin magazine’s Best Metric Cruiser and a Robb Reports Motorcycling Best of the Best. It’s built to show and go like no other cruiser.
- Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
- Twin-bore downdraft fuel injection ensures optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design, including the first seamless gas tank fitted to a Star, gives the Roadliner a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser, thanks to near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled pushrod 48° V-twin has the massive looks and performance to make the Roadliner the king of the Star family.
- Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel-injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; a wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000-RPM range.
- Special custom machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid, and requires few welds. A light, Controlled-Fill swingarm casting complements the bike’s streamline style.
- With 49.6 percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Roadliner has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
- 46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut stainless covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in polished clamps carries the Roadliner’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Seamless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat 190/60-17 rear.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel.
- Strong and light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Roadliner.
- Classic-clock style instrumentation complements Roadliner’s neo-retro look, and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- O² sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions and meet EPA 2006 requirements.
- $14,780 (Candy Red) Available from August 2006
- $14,780 (Liquid Silver) Available from August 2006
- Type 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled pushrod 48-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke 100mm x 118mm
- Compression Ratio 9.5:1
- Carburetion Twin-bore fuel injection, w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Transmission 5-speed, w/multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive Belt
- Suspension/Front 46mm telescopic fork with adjustable preload; 5.3” travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type; 4.3” travel
- Brakes/Front 298mm hydraulic, dual discs
- Brakes/Rear 320mm hydraulic, single disc
- Tires/Front 130/70-18
- Tires/Rear 190/60-17
- Length 101.6”
- Width 43.3”
- Height 28.9"
- Seat Height 28.9”
- Wheelbase 67.5”
- Ground Clearance 6.1”
- Dry Weight 705 lb.
- Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal.
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)