2007 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight
Climb aboard the 113 cubic-inch fuel-injected V-twin powered winner of Cruising Rider Magazine’s title "2006 Bike of the Year" award. It’s complete with detachable windshield and passenger backrest and locking leather-covered sidebags.
2007 Yamaha Stratoliner Midnight
Pride of ownership comes standard with every Stratoliner Midnight. Representing the pinnacle of the Star cruisers, the Stratoliner Midnight takes V-twin performance and character to a new level. Ready to roll with a quick detach windshield and backrest, the amazing Stratoliner Midnight is destined to set new standards by which all cruisers will be judged.
- Stratoliner Midnight is decked out in shiny Raven paint with blacked-out components throughout.
- A pair of streamlined leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, an adjustable, detachable windshield, and a detachable passenger backrest make the Stratoliner excellent for long hauls and short trips.
- The Star Motorcycles flagship and Cruising Rider Magazine’s 2006 Bike of the Year is designed to show and go like no other cruiser before it, with big power and great handling.
- Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
- Twin-bore downdraft fuel injection ensures optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design, including the first seamless gas tank fitted to a Star, gives the Stratoliner a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser, thanks to near 50/50 weight distribution on the front and rear wheels.
New for 2007
- Position beams within the main headlight housing provide great visibility.
- Left-thumb operated passing (high-beam) switch, and right-thumb activated hazard warning lights for excellent visibility.
- 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-colled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin has the massive looks and performance to make the Stratoliner the king of the Star family.
- Four pushrod-activated values and two spark plugs per cylinder provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically beautiful engine architecture.
- Plated cylinders and forged pistons cooled by oil jets provide outstanding reliability and long life. Twin counterbalancers keep things smooth but rumbly.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase power output across the board.
- Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel-injection monitors multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide excellent atomization.
- Exhaust Ulitmate Power valve (EXUP) inside the two-into-one exhaust system boosts torque in the 2500-3000-rpm range.
- Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from different angles.
- 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of the Stratoliner’s power and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
- Aluminum frame is light, rigid and requires few welds. A light, Controlled-Fill swingarm casting complements the bike’s streamline style.
- With 49.6 percent of its weight carried on the front wheel, the Stratoliner has the weight distribution of a sportbike instead of the typical cruiser, and that means great handling.
- 46mm fork tubes wearing slant-cut stainless covers serve up an excellent ride and a sweet appearance.
- A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in polished clamps carries the Stratoliner’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- Seamless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat 190/60-17 rear.
- Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for excellent power and feel.
- Strong and light belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and attention to detail are evident all over the Stratoliner.
- Classic-clock style instrumentation complements Stratoliner’s neo-retro look, and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED tailight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Leather-covered, locking, hard sidebags, a removable windshield that locks into place and a locking, detachable passenger backrest provide security.
- Windshield and backrest lock into place for added security.
- O² sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions and meet EPA 2006 requirements.
- Sidebags detach easily for cleaning.
- $15,480 (Raven) Available from September 2006
- Type 113 cubic-inch (1854cc) air-colled, pushrod 48-degree V-Twin
- Bore x Stroke 100mm x 118mm
- Compression Ratio 9.5:1
- Carburetion Twin-bore fuel injection, w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Transmission 5-speed, w/multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive Belt
- Suspension/Front 46mm telescopic fork with adjustable preload; 5.3" travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type; 4.3" travel
- Brakes/Front 298mm hydraulic, dual discs
- Brakes/Rear 320mm hydraulic, single disc
- Tires/Front 130/70-18
- Tires/Rear 190/60-17
- Length 101.6"
- Width 43.3"
- Height N/A
- Seat Height 28.9"
- Wheelbase 67.5"
- Ground Clearance 6.1"
- Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal.
- Dry Weight 758 lb.
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)