2007 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
by Simona, on
The V-Star 1100 Classic features air-cooled V-twin power for effortless cruising, a 17-litre gas tank for all-day junkets, a nice long wheelbase, convenient shaft drive and lots more, including lots of chrome detailing.
2007 Yamaha V Star 1100 Classic
- Retro style is even cooler when it’s combined with Star engineering, including an OHC air-cooled V-twin and shaft drive.
- Classic rigid-look rear end serves up 4.5 inches of rear wheel travel damped by a hidden preload-adjustable shock.
- 65 cubic-inch (1063cc), air-cooled, SOHC, 75-degree V-twin is tuned for outstanding low- and mid-range torque — maximum torque is reached at only 2500 RPM — for exceptional overall cruising performance.
- Forged lightweight pistons provide greater durability and reduced vibration and reciprocating mass.
- Ceramic-composite, cylinder-bore plating ensures superior heat dissipation for better cooling and longer engine life.
- Thick cylinder fins enhance the stylish look while increasing cooling efficiency.
- Dual, heated Mikuni 37mm carburetors with throttle position sensor feature a progressive pulley, electronic fuel pump and handy side-mounted air filter to ensure consistent fuel flow, great throttle response and optimum power throughout the rev range.
- One-way cam, clutch-type starter decreases mechanical noise during starting.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive delivers superior reliability and smooth cruiser ride quality.
- Two-into-two exhaust system with dual shotgun-style staggered pipes play outstanding V-twin music and simplify aftermarket conversion.
- Low-slung, large-diameter, rigid double-cradle frame with 33-degree rake creates strong, stylish machine with precise, predictable handling.
- Low, 28-inch seat height lets nearly everybody touch the pavement and enhances maneuverability.
- Extra-long, 64.8-inch wheelbase produces a long, low retro profile, with spacious ergonomics for added rider comfort and great handling.
- Beefy, brushed steel telescopic front fork with 5.5 inches of travel smooths out the bumps.
- Tucked-out-of-sight, link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 4.5 inches of class-leading travel for a low profile that gives up a plush ride.
- Large-diameter dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc provide strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Comfortably placed, full-size rider floorboards enhance the ride by minimizing vibration and fatigue.
- Stylish heel/toe shifter adds versatility and enhances overall cruising comfort.
- Fat, tubeless tires on seven-spoke aluminum wheels combine classic looks with modern ride quality, comfort and handling.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a timeless machine.
- Large, 4.5-gallon teardrop fuel tank with class-leading fuel capacity serves up long-distance cruising range.
- Deeply valanced steel fenders combine cool style with rugged durability.
- Eye-catching, tank-mounted speedometer designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam, low oil and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Locking compartment under side cover provides secure storage for small items.
- Chrome 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight looks incredible and helps maximize nighttime visibility.
- Maintenance-free 12V 14AH battery ensures dependable, no-hassle starting.
- $8,899 (Raven/Charcoal Flames) Available from July 2006
- $8,899 (Metallic Titanium/Liquid Silver) Available from July 2006
- Type 65-cubic-inch (1063cc) air-cooled, SOHC, 75-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke 95 x 75mm
- Compression Ratio 8.3:1
- Carburetion (2) 37mm Mikuni w/throttle position sensor
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Transmission 5-speed
- Final Drive Shaft
- Suspension/Front Telescopic fork; 5.5" travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type, w/adjustable preload; 4.5" travel
- Brakes/Front Dual 298mm Discs
- Brakes/Rear 282mm Disc
- Tires/Front 130/90-16
- Tires/Rear 170/80-15
- Length 97.0"
- Width 37.2"
- Height 43.1"
- Seat Height 28"
- Wheelbase 64.8"
- Ground Clearance 5.5"
- Dry Weight 593 lb.
- Fuel Capacity 4.5 gal.
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)
About the author