2007 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
Add leather-wrapped sidebags, quick detachable windshield and passenger backrest to the newest Star and the possibilities are even more wide open. That all-new 80-cubic-inch fuel injected V-twin and belt final drive are good to go just about anywhere.
2007 Yamaha V Star 1300 Tourer
The bold new V-Star 1300 Tourer has the same class leading power and handling of the regular V-Star 1300 plus 3 of the most sought after "casual touring" extras. A windshield, saddlebags and passenger backrest make the Tourer a perfect weekend escape machine. From the spacious rider floorboards to the roomy soft saddlebags, all of the components blend together to offer unmatched function, comfort and style.
- The open-road version of the all-new V Star 1300 rolls out with a windshield, leather-wrapped, hard sidebags and a passenger backrest.
- Authentic cruiser features like belt drive and steel fenders open up the customization possibilities even further.
- All-new midsize Star brings modern classic styling along for a lighter, sportier, hot-rod-inspired ride.
- All-new 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, fuel-injected V-twin produces excellent power across the board along with a highly stimulating exhaust note.
- Neo-streamline design, including a flangeless-type fuel tank and two-into-one exhaust, gives the V Star 1300 that distinctive Star look.
- All-new steel chassis gets 48 percent of the bike’s weight on the front tire, for quick, light handling and maneuverability.
- 80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled, single overhead cam 60-degree V-twin with dual counterbalancers offers plenty of smooth performance.
- Computer-controlled twin-barrel fuel injection provides optimal mixture whatever the temperature or altitude.
- Four valves per cylinder (36mm intake, 32mm exhaust) provide optimum combustion efficiency; roller rocker arms reduce friction for better performance and reduced wear.
- Chromed cylinder sleeves contain 100mm forged pistons for excellent durability and longevity.
- 9.5:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing produce plenty of power across the board and a distinctive exhaust note.
- Forged connecting rods ride a single crankpin for true V-twin sound and power.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission feeds power to an efficient, low-maintenance belt drive.
- Sly cooling system routes liquid through hidden hoses and internal engine passages for air-cooled looks and liquid-cooled performance. Oil filter is easy to get to but also tucked nearly out of sight for clean, pure looks.
- Hydraulic cam chain tensioner reduces noise and maintenance.
- New AC generator and increased voltage regulator capacity optimizes performance.
- All-new steel cradle frame has four solid engine mounts— including one atop the front cylinder head—for maximum rigidity and excellent handling.
- Stylish, braced steel swingarm and rear wheel are controlled by a single linkage-mounted shock absorber, adjustable for spring preload.
- 41mm fork tubes with stainless covers look great and serve up a smooth, controlled ride.
- A thick, chromed handlebar rides in painted clamps for a custom look.
- Flangeless-type fuel tank carries 4.5 gallons of fuel. Mounting the fuel pump in a separate, tucked-away sub-tank allows the narrow tank design.
- New, seven-spoke cast wheels and matching rear pulley mount fat, 16-inch tires for a cool period look albeit with big contact patches on the road.
- A pair of 298mm front brake discs provide excellent power and feel.
- Strong, light and virtually maintenance-free belt final drive routes power smoothly and efficiently to the rear wheel.
- Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- Star quality paint, chrome and detailing vie for attention wherever you look; fenders are steel not plastic.
- New design, retro-modern bar-mounted instrumentation contains analog speedometer along with LCD display; indicator lights for high beam, turn signal, low oil pressure, low fuel, coolant temperature, neutral—and engine diagnostic function.
- Rider floorboards for comfort and room; heel/toe shifter makes moving through the five-speed gearbox a snap.
- Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- Oxygen sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
- $11,190 (Raven) Available from October 2006
- $11,190 (Candy Red) Available from October 2006
- $11,390 (Liquid Silver/Charcoal Silver) Available from October 2006
- Type 80-cubic inch (1304cc), liquid-cooled 4-stroke, OHC, 4 valve, V-Twin
- Bore x Stroke 100.0 mm x 83.0 mm
- Compression Ratio 9.5:1
- Fuel Delivery FI
- Ignition T.C.I.
- Transmission Constant mesh 5-speed, wet multiple-disc
- Final Drive Belt
- Frame Double Cradle
- Suspension/Front Telescopic Fork, Coil Spring/oil damper, 5.31" travel
- Suspension/Rear Swingarm, Coil Spring/gas-oil damper, 4.33" travel
- Brakes/Front Hydraulic Dual Disc Brake, 268mm
- Brakes/Rear Hydraulic Single Disc Brake, 266mm
- Tires/Front 130/90-16M/C 67H
- Tires/Rear 170/70B-16M/C 75H
- Length 98.03"
- Width 38.58"
- Height 43.89"
- Seat Height 27.14"
- Wheelbase 66.53"
- Dry Weight 668 lb.
- Fuel Capacity 4.88 gal.
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)