2007 Yamaha V Star Silverado
With a dressed-out V-Star Silverado, you’ll know how there’s nothing more satisfying than the relaxed beat of a V-twin out on the highway. Except maybe the knowledge that you didn’t have to spend a fortune to get there.
2007 Yamaha V Star Silverado
To create the V-Star 650 Silverado, we took the award-winning engineering and styling of the V-Star 650 Classic and piled on some of our most sought after extras: an adjustable windshield, studded seats, a comfy backrest, and leather saddlebags.
This bike is perhaps best known for its awesome styling, but it’s also remarkably light and easy to ride - and affordable. Value added features like the windshield and saddlebags make the 650 Silverado the perfect entry level casual cruiser. Get an eyeful of the classic styling, legendary Yamaha reliability, and a whole lot of extras. If you don’t mind us saying so, we think you’d look pretty cool riding one.
- A medium-size adjustable windshield, low-profile touring seat with backrest and leather saddlebags are everything the V Star Silverado needs to be a great traveling bike.
- A SOHC 40-cubic-inch V-twin feeding power through an efficient shaft drive makes a great middleweight touring package.
- Rider floorboards provide great comfort on long rides, and the hardtail-looking rear end soaks up bumps with nearly four inches of rear wheel travel.
- Beautifully chromed and polished 40 cubic-inch (649cc), air-cooled, SOHC 70° V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power with minimal engine rpm — maximum torque is reached at only 3000 rpm — for powerful, smooth cruising performance.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery to the asphalt.
- Low-maintenance shaft drive provides quiet, reliable performance.
- Two-into-two chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling and deliver maximum low- and mid-range engine output.
- Stout, large-diameter steel frame designed to provide low seat height with ample legroom.
- Long, low 64-inch wheelbase adds to rider and passenger comfort and predictable handling.
- Stylish heel/toe shifter adds versatility and enhances overall cruising comfort.
- Comfortably placed full-size rider floorboards enhance ride by minimizing vibration and fatigue.
- Beefy, telescopic front fork with stainless steel covers and 5.5 inches of travel ensures a smooth ride with stylish durability.
- Hardtail-looking frame conceals a link-type, preload-adjustable single rear shock with 3.9 inches of travel for excellent handling and a plush ride.
- Rear shock tucked out of sight for a classic, hardtail look.
- Single front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- Wide, retro-style handlebars evoke classic design with roomy ergonomics for enhanced rider comfort.
- Fat front tire on wire-spoked wheel combines retro styling with solid handling and traction.
- Industry-leading Star Family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents that create a stunningly timeless machine.
- Deeply valanced steel front and rear fenders both durable and unmistakably classic.
- Large, 4.2-gallon teardrop fuel tank features class-leading fuel capacity for extra long-distance cruising range.
- Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer designed with a large face for easy reading of tripmeter/odometer displays and turn signal, neutral, high beam and engine diagnostic indicator lights.
- Chrome 60/55-watt halogen headlight adds a nice stylish touch and maximizes nighttime visibility.
- Maintenance-free 12V 10AH battery ensures reliable, no-fuss starting.
- $7,299 (Galaxy Blue/Raven) Available from July 2006
- $7,299 (Raven) Available from July 2006
- Type 40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled, SOHC, 70-degree V-twin
- Bore x Stroke 81mm x 63mm
- Compression Ratio 9.0:1
- Carburetion (2) 28mm Mikuni downdraft-type carburetors
- Ignition Digital TCI
- Transmission 5-speed
- Final Drive Shaft
- Suspension/Front Telescopic fork; 5.5" travel
- Suspension/Rear Single shock, link-type, w/adjustable preload; 3.9" travel
- Brakes/Front 298mm Disc
- Brakes/Rear 200mm Drum
- Tires/Front 130/90-16
- Tires/Rear 170/80-15
- Length 96.5"
- Width N/A
- Height N/A
- Seat Height 28"
- Wheelbase 64"
- Ground Clearance N/A
- Dry Weight 544 lb.
- Fuel Capacity 4.2 gal.
- Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)