2008 Yamaha TT-R110E
For 2008, Yamaha presents the all-new and ready to rip TT-R110E, a chip right off the YZ450F block - complete with a nearly indestructible four-stroke engine, class-exclusive four-speed automatic gearbox, electric start and YZ-inspired styling.
2008 Yamaha TT-R110E
Engine:Air-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC
Transmission:Constant-mesh 4-speed/wet, multiple disc
Energy:VM16 x 1
Top Speed:35 mph
Featuring the very latest YZ motocross-style bodywork, and equipped with 31mm long-travel front forks and rugged Monocross rear suspension, the all-new TT-R110E is the latest addition to Yamaha’s TT-R four-stroke junior bike line-up for 2008. For easy starting there’s an electric starter as well as a kick starter. And the key type main switch allows adults to keep control!
Powered by a responsive 110cc engine featuring a semi-automatic 4-speed transmission with a rider-friendly N-1-2-3-4 shift sequence, the new TT-R110E is ideal for young and inexperienced riders who are not quite ready for the larger TT-R125 models.
Yamaha has a long history of producing motocross bikes which lead to the creation of this true wonders gathered in the off-road category. Very offering and tempting, the WR and TT-R series continued the road paved by the small PW models so things seemed ok. In fact, they really were!
What the maker noticed, was the fact that the step from 50cc to 125 was sometimes too big and small riders would sometimes have some hard time getting used to the bikes designed especially for them.
The solution was soon on their way and it was called the Yamaha TT-R110E, the efficient machine that will properly fill the hole between those two categories.
Both children and adults have now the opportunity to enjoy the all-new TT-R110E which is available as a 2008 model year. Things never seem to stop at Yamahas and we can only appreciate their dedicated work.
Honda also presents one of their most beloved off-road bikes, the CRF100F. Lightweight, easy to handle, and stone-reliable, this CRF boasts a bulletproof four-stroke engine, smooth five-speed (an advantage against the Yamaha), and just enough size for adults to have fun on, while the seat is just low enough to receive younger riders too. Quite simply, it’s probably one of the greatest off-road teaching tools in the fight with the TT-R110E.
If the Honda offers one of the greatest, Kawasaki introduces the most appropriate competitor for the TT-R110E, the awesome KLX110. Offering broad appeal, for young beginners mastering the art of off-road motorcycling to anyone seeking a dependable play bike, it is no surprise the KLX110 is such a big hit. The perfect choice for exploring a favorite campground or ripping-up the nearest mini-moto track, the Kawasaki KLX110 has you covered! We can only wait and see if it has the TT-R110 covered.
If you are still wondering how this TT-R manages to attract customers (that is the case in which you do not already know Yamaha’s recipe for success concerning off-roaders), I will be more than happy to tell you that it does it in style and with a load of attitude.
The bike features Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates. This helps it look like those larger YZ machines in the lineup and, certainly, more able and ready to go.
Once the eye was delighted, it is time for the rider to enjoy the bike’s low seat which is comfortable, allows easy rider movement, and inspired its style on those same YZ motorcycles.
Isn’t it great? You will not only be charmed by the bike’s appearance or amazed by the seat’s comfort, but you will also see your way in motorcycling like a real championship-winner.
Yamaha’s all-new TT-R110 is developed to deal with those challenging trails but it doesn’t exclude jumps from its resume, either. Developed after years of producing off-road machines by its manufacturer, the TT-R110 is a culmination of performance and brilliance concerning reliability, handling, and user-friendly.
What sets this bike apart from its competition and almost any bike near its category is the torque-oriented and powerful 110cc air-cooled SOHC four-stroke engine. What riders most appreciate is how performance manages to be delivered properly and make a difference in virtually any kind of conditions that the trail has to offer.
That very same engine makes it a blast out of corners and it does more than pave the road to a bigger machine as it proves efficient and able from the very first throttle twist. A true demonstration of force will be seen when you will need to strongly accelerate before a high jump.
This brings us to another decisive unit that really makes a difference on the all-new TT-R110, and that will be the suspension equipment which, not only leads to a smooth ride and nice overall feel, but significantly improves landings. We all know that a comfy landing encourages for another one and another one, until the kid will need a bigger bike. 31mm front fork with high-tech internals including a damper valve with oil lock provides excellent damping, great bottoming resistance and 4.5 inches of travel, but works the best in collaboration with the monocross rear suspension pivoting on a strong, 12mm shaft, along with a gusseted steel swingarm complete the smoothness feel with its 4.5 inches of travel.
Yamaha decided to use a four-speed gearbox with automatic clutch. Riding is easier this way and an important worry is eliminated from the rider’s mind. Anyhow, the gearbox manages to choose the right gear for any kind of riding so why bother with the manual?
Efficient brakes are also needed before tight corners and the TT-R110 has them, as expected. Featuring front and rear drum brakes, it benefits of strong, dependable stopping power.
The rider is able to enjoy the comfy ride given by the relaxed riding position while having the grip given by the folding, cleated footpegs and this is another issue that the Yamaha TT-R110 covers spotless. Those griping footpegs also complete the ergonomic triangle began by the seat and handlebars so all worries are eliminated right from the start.
Other elements that involve grip and never touch the rider’s feet are the knobby tires. These will maintain you on that chosen line that you select for any special corner while keeping wear in decent limits.
You would really fall in love with this bike after taking it for a ride and I bet you won’t be disappointed if you pay the money first.
You will most probably buy it for your children and we all know how they can have certain preferences, no matter the bucks involved. It is encouraging to find out that the retail price doesn’t go higher than $1,849, and you will most probably say “Ho Ho Ho !!!” on a such machine this year.
For 2008, Yamaha seems to have choose 110cc of air-cooled, 4-stroke fun featuring a simple to use 4-speed transmission and convenient electric starting to keep both rider and parents smiling all day.
The automatic clutch and low seat height helps aspiring novices to gain the confidence they need. Yamaha quality and after-sales support will keep the TT-R110E in the dirt, not in the shop. And to get them out of the gate faster, they’ve added a convenient electric starter. Big-bike looks in a nifty little package can only mean success.
Engine and Transmission
Type: Air-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC
Bore x Stroke: 51.0mm x 54.0mm
Compression Ratio: 9.3:1
Carburetion: VM16 x 1
Transmission: Constant-mesh 4-speed/wet, multiple disc
Final Drive: Chain drive
Chassis and Dimensions
Suspension/Front: Telescopic fork, coil spring/oil damper, 4.5-in. travel
Suspension/Rear: Swingarm Monocross, coil spring/gas-oil damper, 4.3-in. travel
Brakes/Front: 95mm drum
Brakes/Rear: 110mm drum
Length: 61.6 in.
Width: 26.8 in.
Height: 36.3 in.
Seat Height: 26.4 in.
Wheelbase: 42.5 in.
Ground Clearance: 7.1 in.
Dry Weight: 152 lb
Fuel Capacity: 1.0 gal.
Warranty: 90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
Color: Team Yamaha Blue/White
All-new for 2008:
- Convenient electric starter for effortless starting.
- Big fun for the whole family in an all-new package, the YZ-styled four-stroke powered TT-R110 begs to be ridden by everyone from bigger kids to adults.
- A seat height of only 26.4 inches makes this one accessible to most riders, but 7.1 inches of ground clearance and great suspension at both ends means it can go places.
- Class-exclusive four-speed auto-clutch transmission has an easily accessible gear for nearly any terrain.
- Torquey/powerful 110cc air-cooled SOHC four-stroke powerplant is tuned for maximum off-road performance in a wide range of trail conditions.
- Compact hemispherical combustion chamber with 9.3:1 compression produces max torque at 4000 rpm, max power at 7500 rpm.
- Four-speed gearbox with automatic clutch has the right gear for wherever you ride.
- Convenient electric starter for effortless starting.
- CDI ignition system is ultra-reliable and never needs maintenance.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter adds extra convenience during maintenance.
- Lightweight exhaust system features quiet, USFS-approved spark arrestor.
- Steel backbone frame ties steering head and swingarm pivot together via a straight line, with the engine mounted at three places for optimum strength and high ground clearance.
- 31mm fork with high-tech internals including a damper valve with oil lock provides excellent damping, great bottoming resistance and 4.5 inches of smooth travel.
- Monocross rear suspension pivoting on a strong, 12mm shaft, along with a gusseted steel swingarm, provide excellent rear wheel control through 4.3 inches of travel.
- Die-cast aluminum top triple clamp helps provide light, precise handling and looks great, too.
- 26.4-inch seat height and 7.1 inches of ground clearance help inspire confident performance on rugged trails.
- Front and rear drum brakes deliver strong, dependable stopping power.
- 14-inch front and 12-inch rear wheels inspire great rider confidence by keeping the seat low and the steering light.
- Knobby tires offer superb grip and exceptional wear.
Long, YZ-style is low, comfortable and allows easy rider movement.
- Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates create styling similar to larger YZ lineup.
- Large, folding, cleated footpegs provide excellent footing even in wet or muddy conditions.
- Key-type ignition switch deters unauthorized riding.