2011 Yamaha C3
You know what they say about riding on something that just reaches its destination? Well, that’s a pretty accurate description for the Yamaha C3.
The scooter’s trendy “box” design inspired the name ’C3,’ it accentuates cubic space and stresses retro functionality and simplicity designed for individual customization. The overall shape of the scooter gives it great storage capacity, hitting up to about 9 gallons. It also has a wide, comfortable seat that sits 28.9" from the pavement, as well as an instrument display that provides all the necessary information for the rider, including the speedometer, odometer, fuel gauge, high-beam indicator light, and engine management indicator lights. The C3 also has an optional rear rack and an optional windscreen to protect you from wind and debris while you race down the road at 40 mph.
A large-diameter steel-tube frame provides strength, long life, and
great handling for the C3, while a 49cc fuel-injected four-stroke engine that’s quiet, powerful, and extremely low-maintenance serves as the scooter’s powertrain. It’s not the most powerful scooter on the block, but it sure is a lot of fun to drive. The scooter has electronic fuel injection, easy cold starts, and a 19mm Mikuni throttle body that provides optimal mixture in all conditions. Finally, an electric starter and a backup kick start allow for easy drive-ability.
Find out more about the Yamaha C3 after the jump.
2011 Yamaha C3
Engine:fuel-injected four-stroke engine
- Liquid-cooled three-valve, four-stroke engine is powerful, quiet
- Electronic fuel injection: a 19mm Mikuni throttle body provides
optimal mixture in all conditions and easy cold starts.
- The C3 will take you a long, long way on a single 1.2-gallon tank
- Fully automatic V-belt transmission provides easy, twist-thethrottle-
- Pushbutton electric starting (with backup kickstarter) gives
ultimate ease of operation.
- The air-induction system and exhaust catalyst technology reduce
Chassis and Suspension
- Fat, 120/90-10 front and rear tires offer excellent traction and
- Large-diameter steel-tube frame provides strength, long life and
- Hydraulic motorcycle-type front fork with 2.3 inches of travel
delivers a smooth ride.
- Motorcycle-type handlebar can be swapped out easily for a
different bend or style.
- Unlike most scooters, the front apron turns along with the fork
for style and function.
- Wide, comfortable seat is only 28.9 inches from the pavement.
- The 9-gallon locking underseat storage is perfect for hauling
backpacks, groceries, or whatever.
- Retro/functional style is designed for individual customization.
- Cool instrument display provides a speedometer, odometer,
fuel gauge, high-beam indicator light and engine management
|Engine Type||49cc liquid-cooled 4-stroke single;|
SOHC, 3 valves
|Bore x Stroke||38.0 x 43.5mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Electronic fuel injection|
|Transmission||Constantly variable automatic|
|Suspension/Front||Telescopic fork, 2.3-in travel|
|Suspension/Rear||Unit swing, 2.2-in travel|
|L x W x H||73.0 x 27.0 x 41.1 in|
|Seat Height||28.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.2 gal|
|Est. Fuel Economy||115 mpg|
|Wet Weight||198 lb|
Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission
certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will
vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain
your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator weight.
Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and
all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank
of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories.
Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with