2012 YAMAHA Grizzly 300 Automatic
If you’re looking for an ATV that offers a wide range of features, the Yamaha Grizzly 300 can be had with a big ribbon wrapped around it.
The Grizzly 300 is a durable and dependable light-utility recreational ATV that comes packed with Yamaha’s trademark styling and reliability. In terms of its design, the ATV features large front and rear fenders with full floorboards, offering excellent mud and splash protection for those times that you’re out on the dirt road. It also has a specially designed seat that has been contoured for awesome rider comfort. Dual, bright, multireflector 30 watt bulb headlights with high and low beams provide great illumination at night, while easy-access underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
In terms of performance, the Grizzly 300 is no lazy bear on the road. At the center of its lightweight and durable chassis is a 287cc single overhead cam four stroke engine. This engine boasts of class-exclusive liquid cooling, providing precise temperature control to ensure that the ATV runs in premium condition for long stretches at a time, and a 32mm carburetor to deliver smooth power. Likewise, the ATV’s specially designed drive system air intake vent prevents overheating and keeps water and mud from entering the drive case.
Pound for pound, the Grizzly 300 is a true workhorse. It’s capable of pulling more than 720 pounds and carrying more than 140 combined pounds on the ATV’s front and rear racks. Those numbers may not mean much for the uninitiated, but for those who know their business, they’re impressive across the board.
Find out more about the Yamaha Grizzly 300 after the jump.
2012 YAMAHA Grizzly 300 Automatic
Engine:single overhead cam four stroke engine
- Tough-as-nails 287cc liquid-cooled four-stroke produces
aggressive bottom-end power.
- 32mm carburetor provides smooth power delivery.
- Dual-range transmission offers rider options for towing and work.
- Pushbutton electric starting.
- Fully automatic transmission makes operation easy
Chassis and Suspension
- Lightweight and large chassis features outstanding durability
with great rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
- Front and rear disc brakes provide reliable, strong
- Over 5 inches of ground clearance means even rough terrain is
no match for the Grizzly 300.
- Long wheelbase smooths out rough trail conditions.
- 22-inch Maxxis tires with a rugged lug pattern offer great
traction and durability.
- Double-wishbone front suspension provides 5.9 inches of travel
while the rear swingarm delivers 6.5 inches of travel for a
smooth and comfortable ride.
- Reliable, low-maintenance shaft drive.
- Heavy-duty front carry bar with blow-molded panels for
- Large rack capacities allow larger cargos and convenience (44 lb front / 99 lb. rear).
- New Grizzly styling that has unique Real World Tough image.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent prevents overheating and keeps water and mud from entering drive case.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
- Large-capacity, 2.8-gallon fuel tank has an easy-to-reach petcock.
- Large front and rear fenders with full floorboards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Plush, specially designed seat is contoured for awesome rider comfort.
- Maintenance-free battery provides reliable all-weather starting power.
- Dual, bright, multireflector 30 watt bulb headlights with high and low beams.
- Easy-access underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
- Easy, handlebar-mounted choke lever.
|Engine Type||287cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||75.0 x 65.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||32mm Carburetor|
|Transmission||Fully automatic transmission|
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone; 5.9-in travel|
|Suspension/Rear||Swingarm; 5.6-in travel|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic discs|
|Tire/Front||AT22 x 7-10|
|Tire/Rear||AT22 x 10-9|
|L x W x H||74.6 x 42.1 x 44.3 in|
|Seat Height||31.2 in|
|Turning Radius||118 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.8 gal|
|Wet Weight||511 lb|
|Rack Capacity||44 lb Fr./99 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||727 lb|
|Lighting||Dual headlights and 21/5W brakelight|
|Color||Steel Blue; Hunter Green|