2012 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI Auto 4x4 EPS Special Edition
The 2012 Yamaha Grizzly 700 EPS Special Edition is the epitome of what a special edition ATV should be. Packed with plenty of features that bear credence to its ’Grizzly’ name, this special edition ATV is the personification of ’real world tough.’
In terms of design, the ATV retains the same imposing profile of the standard model with some unique bodywork thrown in, including the metallic sandstone paint finish, corresponding special graphics, and the cast aluminum wheels. On top of that, it also has dual 35-watt multireflector halogen bulb headlights with high/low beams that light up the night; rugged steel cargo racks that can pack a combined total of 286 pounds; and an LCD instrument display that contains all the important information a rider needs, including fuel injection, electronic power steering information, bar-type fuel gauge, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, clock, and a Diff. Lock indicator.
Inside the Grizzly 700’s fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension lies one of the most powerful engines Yamaha has given an ATV: a 686cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine that comes with a fuel injection system that provides instantaneous cold starts and optimal performance in nearly every condition. In addition, it has a fully automatic Ultramatic transmission, the most advanced drive system in ATVs, as well as an Electric Power Steering system to lighten steering for superior comfort and terrain-ability.
The Grizzly 700 features a double-wishbone suspension on the front and rear with five-way preload-adjustable shocks, offering maximum control and comfort over rough terrain. The whole handlind set-up is finished by a set of responsive 25" Maxxis tires with four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes that serve up consistent, long-lasting braking power under all sorts of nasty conditions.
Find out more about the Yamaha Grizzly 700 Special Edition after the jump
2012 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI Auto 4x4 EPS Special Edition
Engine:liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine
Transmission:fully automatic Ultramatic transmission
- Raptor-based four-valve combustion chamber design produces
a potent combination of low-rev torque, instant throttle response
and high horsepower.
- Compact engine design features a 35-degree cylinder angle
for ground clearance and lower seat height for quick steering
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer shaft and rubber-damper engine
mounts reduce vibration.
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liners provide outstanding durability
and heat dissipation; forged piston is light and strong and rides a
carburized, chrome-moly connecting rod.
- Two-lobe overhead cam and a pair of needle-roller rocker
arms reduce friction by 50 percent for increased fuel efficiency
- Mikuni fuel injection with 44mm bore and throttle position
sensor means easy cold starts and flawless fuel delivery in
nearly any condition.
- Pushbutton electric start with seven-disc torque-limiting damper
assembly protects the starter motor.
- Straight driveshaft layout eliminates U-joints for reduced friction,
noise, vibration and maintenance.
- Stainless steel exhaust system features aluminum heat shields
and a screen-type spark arrestor for great power with minimum
- High-capacity aluminum radiator with fan-assist delivers
maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in the frame
for optimal protection.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine maintenance and
helps extend engine life.
- Five-position shift lever with H, L, N, R and P gates provides
positive Ultramatic transmission operation.
- Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff.
- Sealed drive case keeps out water and debris to help
Chassis and Suspension
- WideArc front suspension A-arms provide outstanding
- Five-way preload-adjustable shocks provide a comfortable ride,
whatever the load or trail conditions.
- Four-wheel hydraulic disc brakes serve up consistent,
long-lasting braking power under all sorts of nasty conditions.
- Electric power steering varies assist according to speed and
torque for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability—
even in 4WD.
- 5.3-gallon fuel tank is located under the seat for excellent mass
centralization and handling; there’s a 4.8-liter water-resistant
storage compartment under there, too.
- 11.8 inches of ground clearance and full-length composite
skidplate deliver maximum underbelly protection while
- 25x8-12 front and 25x10-12 rear Maxxis tires provide responsive
steering and handling along with excellent comfort.
- Rugged injection-molded front bumper and CV joint guards
protect against rock and debris damage.
|Engine Type||686cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single;|
SOHC, 4 valves
|Bore x Stroke||102.0 x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI); 44mm|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic V-belt with|
all-wheel engine braking; H, L, N, R, P
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command pushbutton;|
3-way locking differential; 2WD,
4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 7.1-in travel
|Suspension/Rear||Independent double wishbone;|
5-way preload adjustment, 9.5-in travel
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Brakes/Rear||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||AT25 x 8-12; aluminum wheels|
|Tire/Rear||AT25 x 10-12; aluminum wheels|
|L x W x H||81.3 x 46.5 x 48.8 in|
|Seat Height||35.6 in|
|Turning Radius||126 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||5.3 gal|
|*Wet Weight||648 lb|
|Rack Capacity||99 lb Fr./187 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||1322 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display:|
speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter,
hour meter, clock, fuel gauge, gear
position, EPS and EFI function
|Lighting||Dual 35W halogen multireflector|
headlights & 21W/5W brakelight
|Color||Special Edition Metallic Sandstone|