2012 Yamaha Raptor 250
Yamaha’s Raptor line of ATVs has a full line-up of choices for consumers, with the versatile 250 being among one of the most favorites. Unlike the 90 and the 125, the 250 offers an aggressive combination of styling, handling, and performance.
Designed to look more aggressive than its lower-tier variants, the Raptor 250 features a low stance that underlies the ATV’s imposing looks. The bodywork of the Raptor 250 comes off without the need to disassemble electrical parts, the airbox, or the wiring harness, making for easy maintenance. The ATV also has a low, 28.7" seat height that enhances rider comfort and allows optimal rider movement while dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton headlights add to the perfect menacing appearance. The taillight also comes with an incorporated brakelight for added convenience.
The Raptor 250 is powered by an air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single engine that feels bigger than 249cc. Not only does it produce a broad, deep powerband, it also comes with a five-speed gearbox with manual clutch to provide the flexibility to tackle any track or trail.
In terms of handling, the Raptor 250 offers a light, strong, short-wheelbase chassis that creates a quick and responsive package. An independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way preload-adjustable shocks provides 7.5" of wheel travel while a rigid and light swingarm rear end is controlled by a shock with adjustable preload and 7.9" of wheel travel.
All told, the Yamaha Raptor 250 is the perfect jack-of-all-trades ATV that offers all the things you’ll need in a dirt-busting all-terrain vehicle.
Hit the jump for more details on the Yamaha Raptor 250.
2012 Yamaha Raptor 250
Engine:air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single engine
Transmission:five-speed gearbox with manual clutch
- Light and powerful 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single
produces a broad, deep powerband.
- Five-speed gearbox with manual clutch provides the flexibility to
tackle pretty much any track or trail.
- Mikuni 29mm carburetor provides light throttle pull and
excellent throttle response across the entire rpm range.
- Electric starting is standard equipment and works in any gear.
- DC-CDI ignition system delivers consistent spark at all
rpm levels—for quick throttle response and a smooth,
- Ceramic-composite cylinder liner allows for greatly reduced wear
and excellent heat dissipation.
- Oil cooler keeps engine temps down and lubrication up in
- Airbox features no-tools air filter access.
- Three-chamber muffler is light, quiet, and boosts low- and
Chassis and Suspension
- Light, strong, short-wheelbase chassis creates a quick,
super-responsive high-performance package.
- Low, 28.7-inch seat height enhances rider comfort and allows
optimal rider movement.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension with five-way
preload-adjustable shocks gives 7.5 inches of wheel travel.
- Rigid and light swingarm rear end is controlled by a shock
with adjustable preload and 7.9 inches of wheel travel, for
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for
excellent suspension performance, acceleration, deceleration,
- Triple hydraulic disc brakes deliver excellent stopping power
even in wet conditions.
- Extra-wide, 45mm foot pegs provide excellent grip and
- Easy-to-use, flip-type handlebar-mounted parking brake can be
set with one hand.
- Low profile Dunlop tires deliver outstanding traction for razorsharp
handling in a variety of terrain.
- Easy-adjust eccentric chain adjustment feature means
hassle-free chain maintenance.
- Flat, composite skidplates provide maximum underbelly
- Rugged steel grab bars front and rear help fend off debris
- Yamaha introduces an Industry First! Starting with the 2012
model year, every Sport ATV model will feature a white color
version that can be customized with 1 of 11 graphic choices.
After purchasing their ATV, customers order their customizable
graphics from ONE Industries.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton headlights add the perfect
menacing appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brakelight
for added convenience.
- Waterproof electrical connectors provide outstanding durability
- Easy-access grease fittings on all chassis lubrication points
simplify maintenance and help extend the life of the Raptor 250.
- Bodywork comes off without the need to disassemble electrical
parts, airbox or wiring harness—for easy maintenance.
- A 2.4-gallon fuel tank means less filling up and longer, more
|Engine Type||249cc air-/oil-cooled 4-stroke;|
SOHC, 2 valves
|Bore x Stroke||74.0 x 58.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni 29mm BSR|
|Transmission||5-speed; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric|
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone; 5-way|
preload-adjustable shocks, 7.5-in travel
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||Dunlop AT20 x 7-10|
|Tire/Rear||Dunlop AT19 x 10-9|
|L x W x H||64.0 x 42.1 x 40.9 in|
|Seat Height||28.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||3.9 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.4 gal|
|Wet Weight||330 lb|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector|
headlights & 21/5W brakelight
|Color||Team Yamaha Blue/White;|
White w/choice of graphics