2012 Yamaha Raptor 350
The Yamaha Raptor 350 is the embodiment of a cool and bad-ass all-terrain vehicle. Unlike other ATVs on the market, Yamaha paid careful attention to make the Raptor 350 into a definite head-turner. The low lying seat allows riders to enjoy the experience of driving a powerful ATV that’s all kinds of comfortable while also offering a healthy sport riding ergonomics. Extra wide, 45mm footpegs were taken straight out of the awesome YFZ450 to provide healthy grip and rider comfort while an easy to use, toggle link category handlebar mounted parking brake may be set with one hand.
The Yamaha Raptor 350 comes with a light and high-powered 348cc air cooled SOHC single engine that produces outstanding torque for a bike of its stature. The engine also comes with a big, 36mm BSR Mikuni carburetor that provides light throttle pull and healthy throttle reaction across the entire RPM range. Add that to the fact that the Raptor 350 also features a high, snorkel category intake that assures airflow to the engine while riding in mud or water and you have an ATV that won’t take a back seat to any one.
The Raptor 350 comes with a light and solid chassis with a lowly halfway of gravity that creates a quick, ultra responsive high performance package. An independent double wishbone serves as the front suspension system with preload adjusting shocks and 7. 9" of travel. The bike also has large diameter ventilated hydraulic front and rear disc brakes that deliver healthy stopping ability on all possible road conditions.
Find out more about the full specs of the Yamaha Raptor 250 after the jump.
2012 Yamaha Raptor 350
Engine:air cooled SOHC single engine
- Light and powerful 348cc, air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke
single produces great torque down low, as well as a serious
- A big, 36mm Mikuni carburetor provides light throttle pull and
excellent throttle response across the entire rpm range.
- Electric starting is standard equipment and works in any gear.
- Shift into reverse from any gear; convenient shift lever allows
easy access to reverse, no matter what gear you’re in.
- DC-CDI ignition system delivers consistent spark at all
rpm levels—for quick throttle response and a smooth,
- High, snorkel-type intake ensures airflow to the engine while
riding in mud or water.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine maintenance and
ensures optimal performance.
- Easy-to-use, handlebar-mounted choke lever.
Chassis and Suspension
- Light and strong chassis creates a quick, super-responsive
- Low, 32.3-inch seat height enhances rider comfort and provides
optimal rider movement.
- Independent double-wishbone front suspension and preload
adjustable shocks with dual rate springs and 7.9 inches of travel.
- Rigid and light swingarm with Raptor-type linkage rear end
is controlled by a piggyback reservoir shock with adjustable
preload and 8.3 inches of wheel travel; the result is consistent
performance during aggressive sport riding.
- Lightweight aluminum wheels reduce unsprung weight for
excellent suspension performance, acceleration, deceleration,
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front and rear disc brakes
deliver excellent stopping power even in wet conditions.
- Extra-wide, 45mm foot pegs provide excellent grip and
- Easy-to-use, toggle link-type handlebar-mounted parking brake
can be set with one hand.
- Specially designed low-profile tires deliver outstanding traction
for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain.
- Easy-adjust chain adjustment feature means hassle-free
- Composite skid plates and 4.5-inch ground clearance (measured
at the rear disc) mean maximum underbelly protection.
- Composite front grab bar won’t dent or rust and helps protect the
front end from debris and damage.
Yamaha introduces an Industry First! Starting with the 2012
model year, every Sport ATV model will feature a white color
version that can be customized with 1 of 11 graphic choices.
After purchasing their ATV, customers order their customizable
graphics from ONE Industries.
- Dual 30-watt multireflector Krypton headlights add the perfect
menacing appearance. Taillight has an incorporated brakelight
for added convenience.
- Easy-access grease fittings on all chassis lubrication points
simplify maintenance and help extend the life of the Raptor 350.
- The 2.4-gallon fuel tank means less filling up and longer, more
|Engine Type||348cc air-cooled 4-stroke;|
SOHC, 2 valves
|Bore x Stroke||83.0 x 64.5mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 36mm BSR|
|Transmission||6-speed w/reverse; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain|
|Suspension/Front||Independent double wishbone; 5-way|
preload-adjustable shocks, 7.9-in travel
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc|
|Tire/Front||AT21 x 7-10|
|Tire/Rear||AT20 x 10-9|
|L x W x H||69.7 x 43.1 x 42.5 in|
|Seat Height||32.3 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.4 gal|
|Wet Weight||396 lb|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector|
headlights & 21/5W brakelight
|Color||White w/choice of graphic|