2012 Yamaha Royal Star Venture S
Long distance, open-road touring could be a hassle for just about anybody that doesn’t have the patience for it. That’s why it’s imperative to have a bike that can make you feel comfortable, no matter the distance.
That’s what the Yamaha Royal Star Venture S is for. The bike comes fully loaded with everything serious riders need for their long and arduous travels. There’s plenty of lockable storage in the form of a 15-gallon trunk and a pair of color-matched 9.3-gallon sidebags, adding up to 33.6 gallons of total space that you can use to keep everything safe and dry wherever you go. Moreover, the bike has ergonomically designed bucket-type seats with plush, wraparound passenger backrest for unbeatable long-range comfort. As far as entertainment is concerned, the 2012 Royal Star Venture S has you covered in the form of a four-speaker sound system with a Star-branded iPod touch, a CB radio, intercom system, and AM/FM radio.
Then there’s the powerful 1,294cc liquid-cooled 70˚ V-four DOHC, 4-valve per cylinder engine that produces 97 horsepower at 6,000 rpm and 89 lb/ft of torque mated to a five-speed, wide-ratio transmission. Add that to the bike’s outstanding chassis and suspension set-up - a high-integrity, single-backbone frame with solid engine mounting and 29-degree caster angle and an air-adjustable telescopic front fork and link-type rear suspension - and you have a bike that’s fit for just about any road it travels on.
Find out more about the full specs of the Yamaha Royal Venture S after the jump.
2012 Yamaha Royal Star Venture S
Engine:liquid-cooled 70˚ V-four DOHC, 4-valve per cylinder engine
Transmission:five-speed, wide-ratio transmission
Horsepower @ RPM:97 HP at 6,000 rpm
Torque @ RPM:89 lb/ft of torque
- 79-cubic-inch liquid-cooled, V-four tuned to put out
smooth—97hp @ 6000 rpm and maximum torque at 89 ft.-lb
@ 4750 rpm—for incomparable touring performance.
- Four heated 32mm Mikuni® carburetors with TPS deliver
awesome throttle response and greater power across the
entire rev range.
- Compact design, dual-intake system enhances performance
without sacrificing fuel tank capacity.
- Large-capacity radiator ensures superior engine cooling for
- Single-axis internal counterbalancer reduces engine vibration.
- Wide-ratio five-speed transmission with 5th-gear overdrive
geared for both highway passing power and lower-rev
- Low-maintenance hydraulic clutch actuation and strong,
low-maintenance shaft drive for touring convenience.
- Four-into-two exhaust system puts out a throaty exhaust note
and creates a long, low profile that’s easily customizable.
Chassis and Suspension
- High-integrity, single-backbone frame with solid engine mounting
and 29-degree caster angle delivers quick, responsive steering,
and excellent handling.
- Class-leading long wheelbase (67.1 inches) provides exceptional
roomy ergonomics for great rider control and comfort.
- Air-adjustable telescopic front fork designed with 29-degree
caster angle and 5.5 inches of travel smoothes out the bumps
and adjusts for varying load capacities.
- Air-adjustable link-type rear suspension features a vertically
mounted single shock with 4.1 inches of travel for outstanding
long-distance ride quality.
- Large-diameter front and rear disc brakes with sintered pads
provide strong, linear stopping power.
- Wide, fork-mounted fairing, windshield, wind deflectors
and frame-mounted lower cowlings offer outstanding
- Full-sized floating-type rider and passenger floorboards reduce
vibration and are positioned for optimal long-distance comfort.
- Incomparable fit and finish includes flawless paint with
extensive chrome accents as well as deep, valanced
- 6-gallon fuel tank with low-fuel warning light ensures
outstanding long-distance touring range.
- Large, powerful 12V 60/55-watt remote-adjustable halogen
headlight maximizes nighttime visibility and cuts a
- Cigarette type DC accessory connector in fairing plus 2-pin
DC accessory connector under the seat.
- Ignition switch with integrated steering lock mounted to front of
fuel tank for extra convenience.
- Vintage-style console and instrument panel features:
digital speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel tripmeter,
clock, fuel gauge, cruise control, TPS self-diagnosis, speed
sensor, and neutral, high beam, turn signals and low oil-level
- Electronic cruise control switch located on right handlebar
controls for ease of use.
- Handlebar-mounted 40-channel CB radio with dual antenna for
CB and AM/FM radio.
- Single-point audio control system for AM/FM radio, cassette,
6 disc CD changer and intercom is MP3-compatible and
headset-ready. The system also includes a Star-branded iPod
touch (8GB) with an iSimple SolutionsTM audio interface by AAMP
- Four-speaker (14 watts per channel) system with automatic,
speed-regulated volume control to help hear over wind noise.
- Two-way rider/passenger intercom system.
- Huge, 15-gallon rear trunk with easy, one-touch opener can
hold two full-faced helmets and includes a lined interior
- Color-matched hard-shell saddlebags each feature handy,
one-touch openers and spacious 9.3-gallon storage with
- 12V 18AH maintenance-free battery provides easy,
|Engine Type||79-cubic-inch (1294cc) liquid-cooled 70˚|
V-four; DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
|Bore x Stroke||79.0 x 66.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||(4) 32mm Mikuni CV|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, wide-ratio w/5th-gear overdrive;|
|Frame||Tubular steel; double cradle|
|Suspension/Front||Telescopic fork; air-assist,|
|Suspension/Rear||Single shock; air-assist,|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brake/Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|L x W x H||104.5 x 35.4 x 61.6 in|
|Seat Height||29.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||6.0 gal|
|Est. Fuel Economy||39 mpg|
|Wet Weight||869 lb|