2012 Yamaha Star Raider SCL
The 2012 Yamaha Raider SCL is being prepared as a limited edition model that will only carry 500 units, and with good reason. The bikes are made with the highest quality material, complete with special elements including specially developed wheels by Performance Machine, among other things.
So why would you take the time and effort to bruise your elbows just to get a piece of the Raider SCL? Because you’ll be only one of 500 that has a chance to own one.
To get you up to speed with what you’re in store for with the Raider SCL, each of the bikes will come with a six-layer paint finish with a high-metallic Blazing Orange paint and a numbered, limited edition aluminum tank badge. The bike’s seats are made from finely crafted genuine leather with an embossed SCL logo and orange color matched stitching. There’s also a chrome belt guard, stainless mesh throttle cables and clutch/brake lines, and custom 5-spoke chrome wheels co-developed by Star and Performance Machine. And just to remind everybody of the bike’s exclusivity, the SCL comes with an exclusive metal badge with a hologram that has been placed on top of the fuel tank as a constant reminder to its owner that only 500 of these unique machines exist.
At the heart of the beast is a powerful 1,854cc air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin engine that pumps out max torque at just 2,500 rpm and max power at 4,500 rpm for powerful,
relaxed cruising. As far as handling goes, the bike carries an all-aluminum cast frame that’s light, rigid, and tuned for light, athletic handling.
All told, there’s a reason why the Yamaha Star Raider SCL is a special edition. Everything about it is more than just your average cruiser.
Get the full specs on the Yamaha Star Raider SCL after the jump.
2012 Yamaha Star Raider SCL
Engine:air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin engine
- * 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, OHV with 4 valves per
cylinder, pushrod 48-degree V-twin pumps out max torque at
just 2500 rpm and max power at 4500 rpm for powerful,
- * Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder
provide optimum combustion efficiency along with classically
beautiful engine architecture.
- * Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation
with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding
reliability and longer engine life.
- * 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase
power output across the board.
- * Computer-controlled, twin-bore fuel injection monitors
multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture
under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors provide
- * A 3.5-liter airbox is hidden in the area below the fuel tank for
great performance and clean styling.
- * Two-into-one-into-two exhaust with Exhaust Ultimate Power
valve (EXUP) inside boosts torque in the 2500 3500-rpm range.
- * Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives a
jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from
Chassis and Suspension
- * All-aluminum cast frame is light, rigid, and tuned for light,
athletic handling. A light, Controlled-Fill, aluminum swingarm
casting complements the bike’s lithe style.
- * Low, sculpted rider and passenger seat of exclusive, two-toned
genuine leather with orange stitching set this bike apart while
maintaining the Raider’s casual, urban cruising style ergonomics
- * A 6-degree yoke angle—the first ever on a street-legal Star
Motorcycle—makes it possible to achieve that custom look as
well as neutral handling and straight-line cruisability: 33-degree
rake plus 6 degrees yoke angle gives total rake of 39 degrees and
102mm of trail.
- * Custom 5-spoke wheels co-developed by Star and Performance
Machine are chrome plated for uncommon custom beauty.
There’s 120/70-21-inch tire up front, and a wide, 210/40-18 out
back—the tallest and widest ever on a Star
- * 46mm fork tubes serve a sweet appearance and an excellent ride
through 5.1 inches of wheel travel.
- * A tucked-out-of-sight single shock out back provides a smooth
ride under varying loads.
- * The flangeless fuel tank gets a 6-layer paint process with
meticulous application of Raider SCL’s exclusive metallic Blazing
Orange paint for an unmatched look. It carries a full 4.2 gallons
of fuel for an excellent cruising range.
- * Front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates a pair
of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock calipers for
excellent power and feel, with a 310mm disc out back.
- * Strong, light and narrow belt final drive contains embedded
carbon fiber for even greater strength.
- * Wiring harness uses super-slim wires for compactness and
lighter weight, and switchgear wiring is routed inside the
handlebar for a clean appearance.
- * Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb
activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- * Jewel-like fit and finish, and Star quality paint, chrome and
attention to detail are evident all over the Raider.
- * Cool, tank-mounted instrumentation complements the custom
look, and contains analog speedometer and fuel gauge, along
with twin digital tripmeters, odometer and self-diagnostics.
- * Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight, and amber turn
signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- * 02 sensor and three-way catalyst reduce emissions.
Pricing on the Star Raider SCL will be set at $19,990, an amount which makes it very competitive among factory custom cruisers on the market today.
|Engine Type||113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled V-twin|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 x 118.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;|
throttle position sensor
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, multiplate wet clutch|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brake/Rear||Hydraulic disc, 310mm|
|L x W x H||101.2 x 36.4 x 45.9 in|
|Seat Height||27.4 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.8 in.|
|Fuel Capacity||4.2 gal|
|Est. Fuel Economy||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight||729.9 lb|
Bikeland ---- "Star Motorcycles is pleased to announce our full 2012 line of cruiser models today and welcome an exciting new model to the Star family"
Motorcycle-Usa ---- "The new Raider SCL will be limited to a production run of 500 and will be released in the year 2012. By limiting numbers, Star hopes to create a true factory custom with unmatched style and quality at an affordable price"
News Motorcycle ---- "The only new bike in Star’s 2012 Linuep, the Raider SCL (Star Custom Line) will be one exclusive motorcycle, available for a select few.Only 500 of the Raider SCL will be built, the customized machine bringing a limited uniqueness to the chopper scene.The most stand-out thing that separates the SCL from the Raider S and Raider is the six-layer paint, which provides a high-metallic blazing orange"