2012 Yamaha Stratoliner S
Class leading performance, a lightweight aluminum chassis, and today’s most popular quick detachable casual touring amenities. All that and more is what awaits you with the 2012 Yamaha Stratoliner S. With just about every bike manufacturer promising you these things, very few actually live up to it. The Stratoliner S does so with flying colors.
The Stratoliner S takes V-twin performance and character to the next level, setting the standards by which all casual touring machines are judged. The bike comes with all the necessary amenities, including a lockable quick release windshield, a passenger backrest, and lockable sidebags that have been covered in leather. The bike also gets plenty of chrome, highlighted by the switchgear, chrome master and clutch cylinders and levers, chrome wheels, chrome belt guard, chrome engine covers, and chrome front end. Yes, there’s a chrome overload with the Stratoliner S. Just the way we like it.
All that shiny chrome notwithstanding, the Stratoliner S is also a picture of aggression and superb handling. The bike is powered by a 1854cc air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin engine that produces great thrust at any speed. The bike’s twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection system provides optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions. At 3,300 rpm, the bike can hit 75 mph with maximum torque reached at only 2,500 rpm, giving us a clear idea of the bike’s unbridled power.
In terms of handling, the Stratoliner S also comes ready for action, thanks in large part to a long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser. To go with the frame, the bike also carries 46mm fork tubes and a tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring preload out back that provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
Find out more about the full specs of the Yamaha Stratoliner S after the jump.
2012 Yamaha Stratoliner S
Engine:air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin engine
- * 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod 48-degree V-twin
has massive looks and performance.
- * Four pushrod-activated valves and two spark plugs per cylinder
provides optimum combustion efficiency.
- * Ceramic-composite plated cylinders for superior heat dissipation
with forged pistons cooled by oil jets. Provides outstanding
reliability and longer engine life.
- * 9.48:1 compression ratio and aggressive cam timing increase
power output across the board.
- * Computer-controlled, twin-bore, fuel injection monitors
multiple engine parameters to calculate perfect mixture
under all conditions; wide-angle 12-hole fuel injectors
provide excellent atomization.
- * Exhaust Ultimate Power valve (EXUP) inside the two-into-one
exhaust system boosts torque.
- * Special custom-machining of the cooling fin edges gives
a jewel-like appearance to the engine as light hits it from
- * 3300 rpm at 75 mph gives some idea of the Stratoliner S’s power
and cruisability. Maximum torque is reached at only 2500 rpm.
Chassis and Suspension
- * Aluminum frame is light, rigid, and requires few welds for a
smooth, clean look. A light, Controlled-Fill die-cast swingarm
complements the bike’s streamline style and reduces unsprung
weight for great handling.
- * 46mm fork tubes serve up an excellent ride and a
- * A tucked-out-of-sight single shock with adjustable spring
preload out back provides a smooth ride under varying loads.
- * A thick, richly chromed 1.25-inch handlebar in chrome clamps
carries the Stratoliner S’s switchgear wiring on the inside.
- * Flangeless, teardrop fuel tank carries a full 4.5 gallons of fuel.
- * Polished 12-spoke wheels evoke a thick spoke look, but carry
modern tubeless radial tires; a 130/70-18 front and a fat, 190/60-
17 rear for excellent grip.
- * Chrome front brake master cylinder with integrated lever operates
a pair of 298mm front discs squeezed by strong monoblock
calipers for excellent power, feel, and great style.
- * Strong-and-light belt final drive routes power smoothly and
efficiently to the rear wheel.
- * Floating floorboards and an adjustable heel/toe shifter help
provide a comfortable, low-effort ride.
- * A sculpted seat makes the Stratoliner S an excellent place to sit
on long rides. Improves long range comfort.
- * Position beams within the main headlight housing provide
- * Left-thumb operated high-beam switch, and right-thumb
activated accessory driving light switch for great visibility.
- * Classic clock-style instrumentation complement Stratoliner S’s
neo-retro look and contains analog speedometer, tachometer and
fuel gauge, along with twin digital tripmeters and odometer.
- * Bright multireflector headlight, LED taillight and amber turn
signals behind clear lenses give a custom look.
- * Leather-covered locking hard sidebags, a quick-removable
windshield that locks into place, and a locking, quick-detachable
passenger backrest are standard on the Stratoliner S.
- * Sidebags detach easily for cleaning.
The 2012 Yamaha Stratoliner S will be available starting February 2012 at a starting price of $16,590 (Intense Black).
|Engine Type||113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48°|
V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 x 118.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection|
with throttle position sensor
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
multiplate wet clutch
|Suspension/Front||46mm telescopic fork;|
|Brakes/Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brake/Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|L x W x H||101.6 x 43.3 x 59.6 in|
|Seat Height||27.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal|
|Est. Fuel Economy||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight||802 lb|