2012 Yamaha Zuma 125
Yamaha’s Zuma line-up of scooters is fixing to get a new member of the family with the introduction of the Zuma 125. Packed with a combination of impressive design, superb handling, and upstanding performance numbers, the Zuma 125 fits the bill of a well-rounded scooter.
The design of the Zuma 125 fits the mold of a tough off-road machine wrapped in a scooter’s body. The nose of the seat is closer to allow good leg clearance at stop signs while also allowing you to slide back into the wider area of the seat while cruising for maximum body support. The model also features an underseat storage compartment that has enough room for a full-sized helmet to be stored. Out front, the bike carries two bright halogen headlights with the left side providing the 55W low beam while the right side is the 60W high beam. An analog speedometer is flanked by a fuel gauge and indicator lights while the main switch is equipped with a key hole lock cover for added security.
As far as handling goes, the Zuma 125 was built on a hefty steel-tube frame has a step-through design for easy mounting. The telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while slider shrouds help protect the 27mm inner tubes from debris. The Zuma 125 is powered by a 125cc 4-stroke engine with 4 valves with ceramic-composite cylinder plating, and electronic fuel injection. The engine’s power is coarsed through a fully automatic C.V. transmission while pushbutton electric starting make the Zuma 125 one of those bikes that offer super-convenient transportation.
For a new line of scooters that follows in the lead of the Zuma line, the 125 offers the best of all worlds, without any compromises.
Find our more about the Yamaha Zuma 125 after the jump.
2012 Yamaha Zuma 125
- Zuma’s fuel-injected, 125cc single cylinder, 4-stroke
engine pumps out lots of power for its size, using an SOHC
4-valve head with 10:1 compression ratio and ceramic-composite
- Pushbutton electric starting makes the Zuma 125 superconvenient
- For reliability and easy maintenance, simple wet-sump
lubrication is used. The centrifugal oil filter built into the
crankshaft means there’s no messy oil filter to replace.
- Forced air cooling system helps keep engine temperatures under
control, even while idling at stoplights, for maximum efficiency
and longer engine life.
- Fully automatic, V-belt transmission with centrifugal clutch
provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation with great
- Fuel injection provides the optimal fuel mixture for the operating
condition, including temperature and altitude, and that
means easy cold starts, too.
- Oiled-paper type air filter helps trap dirt before it gets to your
engine, even when riding on unpaved roads. The V-belt housing
has its own off-road-style wet-foam air filter for durability.
- Upswept muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to
reduce air pollution and meet emission regulations.
- Hefty steel-tube frame has a step-through design for easy
mounting. A two-stage electrodeposition and electrostatic
painting process provides a durable, corrosion-resistant finish.
- Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while
slider shrouds help protect the 27mm inner tubes from debris.
- Swingarm has double rear shocks for riding comfort on the street
and unpaved roads, too.
- Fuel tank holds 1.6 gallons for plenty of cruising range. Fuel tank
emission system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline
evaporation and reduce air pollution.
- Fat 120/70-12 front and 130/70-12 rear tires have an aggressive
looking block pattern for great handling on unpaved roads and
on the street. Tires run on lightweight five-spoke die-cast
- 220mm hydraulic front disc and rear drum brakes combine for
serious stopping power.
- Zuma provides both a centerstand and side stand for
- Two bright halogen headlights light the way—following current
sportbike practice, the left side provides the 55W low beam while
the right side is the 60W high beam.
- For extra security when parked, the main switch is equipped with
a key hole lock cover.
- The underseat storage compartment’s cavernous 5.2-gallon
capacity is roomy enough for a full-face helmet.
- The Zuma 125’s easy-to-read analog speedometer is flanked by a
fuel gauge and indicator lights.
|Engine Type||125cc forced air-cooled 4-stroke single;|
|Bore x Stroke||52.4 x 57.9 mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Clutch Type||Dry centrifugal automatic clutch|
|Suspension/Front||27mm telescopic forks|
|L x W x H||75.2 x 30.1 x 43.8 in|
|Seat Height||30.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||3.7 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.6 gal|
|*Est. Fuel Economy||89 mpg|
|**Wet Weight||269 lb|
|Color||Raven; Alpine White|
* Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission
certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will
vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain
your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
** Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and
all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank
of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories.
Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisons with