2013 Yamaha BWs 125
The 2013 Yamaha BWs 125 is BWs 50 big brother, so it delivers slightly sportier performances without sacrificing comfort and practicality.
This modern scooter is fitted with a 125 cc, 4 stroke engine kept in leash by a fully automatic transmission which offers a hassle free ride and delivers smooth and precise shifts. For proper performances the 125 cc engine is combined with a gas sipping fuel injection system and an environmentally friendly catalyzer exhaust.
As any respectable scooter, the Yamaha BWs 125 puts efficiency on the top of the list and rewards you with an average fuel consumption of only 37kpl/105mpg. Besides efficiency you also get a pretty decent level of comfort thanks to the ergonomically designed seat and the convenient handlebar.
The ride is kept in check by a 27mm hydraulic front fork and a dual-shock rear suspension.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha BWs 125.
2013 Yamaha BWs 125
Horsepower @ RPM:11 @ 8500
Torque @ RPM:93 @ 7500
Check out the fun loving, sporty, 2013 Yamaha BWs 125. The ever popular Yamaha BWs 50 has a larger sibling. The increased engine displacement and more roomy design expands the functionality of the 2013 BWs 125, making it a great urban and suburban commuter or fun riding machine.
The BWs125 is powered by a peppy, reliable 125cc, 4-stroke engine.
Featuring a gas sipping fuel injection system, an environmentally friendly catalyzer exhaust and a fully automatic gas it and go transmission, the BWs125 is economical to operate and a ton of fun to ride. Two-up seating means you can share the fun with a friend. The single cylinder 125cc, 4-valve engine provides plenty of power while the fully automatic transmission and electric starting make it a snap to operate.
- * Peppy, 125cc, air-cooled (with fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, 4-stroke engine produces solid, predictable power and excellent fuel economy.
- * Fuel consumption of approximately 37kpl/105mpg. Your actual consumption may vary.
- * Fan-assisted cooling system maintains consistent engine temperatures, even while idling at stoplights or in stop and go traffic for maximum efficiency and extended engine life.
- * Fast, dependable push button electric starting
- * Maintenance-free TCI (transistor controlled) ignition system provides a precise, high-voltage spark for seamless engine performance, sure starts and excellent reliability.
- * 16 bit ECU (electronic control unit) is used to control the fuel injection system.
- * Four valve cylinder head design utilizes two intake valves and two exhaust valves for maximum breathing efficiency and great power output. Valves are operated by rocker arms.
- * Both the intake and exhaust valves feature a special "carbon cutter" design which removes any carbon build up from the valve stems, keeping the engine operating at maximum efficiency, even during extended slow speed use (carbon build up on the valve stems can lead to sticky valves and poor performance).
- * The lightweight, aluminium cylinder features a ceramic composite plating on the cylinder bore which insures uniform heat dissipation, reduced friction, reduced weight and an extended service life.
- * A wet sump-type oil delivery system is utilized. A special centrifugal oil filtering system is used. This type of oil "filter" automatically removes any particles found in the oil and never requires cleaning or maintenance.
- * A flat top "gravity" cast lightweight aluminium piston is used to provide fast engine response.
- * Automatic cam chain tensioner reduces engine mechanical noise and maintenance time
- * Mikuni 33mm throttle body fuel injection provides crisp throttle response, reduced fuel consumption and reduced emissions. Other fuel injection benefits include no choke or idle adjustment to fuss with … it is all controlled automatically.
- * The single fuel injector uses a 6-hole design for better fuel / air atomization for strong engine performance. The fuel injector is located down stream of throttle body in the intake manifold
- * The fuel injection system is a "closed loop system" which means there is an oxygen sensor in the exhaust that monitors the exhaust emissions and constantly regulates / adjusts the fuel mixture for optimum performance and reduced emissions
- * Oil coated paper-type air filter is used. The easy access air box is designed for excellent performance and reduced intake noise.
- * Fully automatic, V-belt, C.V. transmission ensures easy "twist-the-throttle-and-go operation". There is no hand clutch or gear shifting to worry about. A wide range reduction ratio is used for peppy performance. Washable foam air filter allows cooling air to enter the belt case for reduced heat and extended V-belt life.
- * Stylish upswept muffler contains a catalytic converter to reduce harmful hydrocarbons and nitrous oxide exhaust emissions. The muffler produces a quiet exhaust note.
Chassis and Suspension
- * Rugged "underbone-style" steel frame means it is easy to get on and off the BWs, plus it also features a special anti-corrosion paint process
- * Plate type steel swingarm helps to maintain a comfortable ride on paved or unpaved roads
- * 27mm hydraulic front fork delivers excellent bump-absorbing performance and comfort. Wheel travel is 78mm (3.1").
- * Dual-shock rear suspension provides a plush, comfortable ride. Wheel travel is 71mm (2.8").
- * 220mm hydraulic front disc brake with single piston caliper and semi metallic pads provides excellent stopping power.
- * 150mm rear drum brake supplies strong, reliable stopping power.
- * Rugged, yet lightweight, die cast aluminium 5-spoke "mag style" wheels are fitted with wide, aggressive tubeless tires.
- * Roomy two-person seat ensures excellent rider and passenger comfort. The seat locks for added security
- * Ultra convenient 20 litre, under seat storage compartment can hold selected full-face helmets or other items.
- * 6 litre fuel tank features an integrated electric fuel pump. Gas cap locks for peace of mind
- * Dual 60/65-watt, multi-reflector, quartz headlights maximizes visibility and illumination.
- * Full-size floorboards and wide front apron provide excellent splash and wind protection as well as highlighting the BWs aggressive sports styling.
- * Sporty instrument panel includes analog speedometer, odometer and electric fuel gauge, plus a range of warning lights.
- * Aggressive rally sports styling
- * Hand guards help protect hands from the cold and add a special styling touch too.
- * Stylish headlight guard
- * Convenient passenger grab rail
- * Push-to-cancel-type turn signals enhance ease of use.
- * Easy-to-use centre stand plus side stand. Side-stand safety lock-out switch prevents unit from being ridden when side stand is down.
- * Anti-theft 3-in-1 main ignition switch combines the ignition, fork lock and under seat storage compartment lock in one convenient switch. This switch also features a special "shutter" that blocks access to the key slot to avoid "jimmy starts" using a screw or similar tool.
- * Low-maintenance, sealed battery
- * Lean angle sensor will stop the engine in the event of a tip over
- * Heat shield on muffler protects rider and passenger from hot components.
- * Flexible turn signals in the event of a tip-over
- * Front and rear side reflectors help maximize visibility in city traffic.
| Canada MSRP Price| $3,899 CDN|
|Engine| 4-stroke, air-cooled (fan assist), SOHC, 4-valve, single|
| Displacement| 125 cc|
| Bore and Stroke| 52.4 x 57.9mm|
| Compression Ratio| 10 : 1|
| Maximum Torque |1.0 kg-m (7 ft-lb.) @ 6,000 rpm|
| Fuel Delivery| Mikuni 24mm throttle body fuel injection|
| Estimated Fuel Consumption*| 37kpl / 105mpg (Imp.)|
| Lubrication |Wet Sump|
| Ignition / Starting |TCI / Electric Start|
| Transmission |Fully Automatic|
| Final Drive| V-belt / Spur gear|
| Suspension (Front)| 33mm fork|
| Suspension (Rear)| Dual shock unit swingarm|
| Brakes (Front)| 220mm disc|
| Brakes (Rear)| Drum|
| Tires (Front)| 120/70-12|
| Tires (Rear) |130/70-12|
| Length |1,910mm (75.2’’)|
| Width |765mm (30.1’’)|
| Heigh| 1,110mm (43.7’’)|
| Wheelbase| 1,290mm (50.8’’)|
| Ground Clearance |125mm (4.9")|
| Seat Height| 780mm (30.7’’)|
| Fuel Capacity |6 litres (1.3 Imp. gal.)|
| Wet Weight| 122kg (269 lb)|
| Maximum Load |155kg (342 lb)|
| Colour(s)| Metallic Blac/Vivid Metallic Red|