2013 Yamaha Grizzly 450 Auto 4x4
Despite the fact that it comes with a relatively small engine, the Yamaha Grizzly 450 has the same tough character as its bigger siblings.
At the heart of the ATV lies a 421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single, SOHC engine paired with Yamaha’s fully automatic Ultramatic transmission. It is also worthy of being mentioned that the transmission features a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse.
In its off road adventures the ATV is helped by a generous ground clearance (10.8 inches) and a fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension with front and rear double-wishbones. You also get a tough plastic skidplate for protection.
The rider is met by a modern digital instrument panel which features a speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position and clock.
The Yamaha Grizzly 450 Auto 4x4 is offered with a starting price of $7,249.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha Grizzly 450 Auto 4x4.
2013 Yamaha Grizzly 450 Auto 4x4
Engine:4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC
Transmission:Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P
Energy:Mikuni® 33mm BSR
- Grizzly 450 Automatic 4x4 has many of the same great features as big brothers Grizzly 700 and 550, including four-wheel independent suspension, and it’s powered by a fuel-efficient, liquid-cooled engine.
- Industry-exclusive, fully automatic Ultramatic® transmission is the most advanced drive system in ATVs. An automatic centrifugal clutch maintains constant belt tension for reduced belt wear and uses a sprag clutch for all-wheel downhill engine braking in 4WD mode and reverse.
- Three-position On-Command® In/Out 4WD feature lets you switch between 2WD, limited-slip 4WD and a fully locked differential 4WD—all with the simple push of a button. Override button allows engine to make maximum rpm in full Diff. Lock mode.
- Fully independent long-travel four-wheel suspension features double-wishbone suspension front and rear.
- Ground clearance of 10.8 inches and a composite plastic skidplate provide terrainability and undercarriage protection.
- Trick digital instrument panel boasts a multifunction LCD display with speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, 4WD status, transmission position and clock.
- Rear wet brake is a multi-disc system running in gear oil inside a sealed unit. This keeps out the elements (such as mud and water) while providing powerful, consistent stopping power and greatly reduced maintenance.
- 421cc liquid-cooled, SOHC four-stroke single is rugged and powerful.
- Semi-oval slide 33mm BSR Mikuni® carburetor and high-output DC-CDI ignition deliver fantastic throttle response and engine performance at all rpm.
- Pushbutton electric starting.
- Stainless steel muffler and header design provides superior power characteristics, exhaust sound and durability.
- Left-side–mounted (Hi/Lo/N/R/P) shift lever is easily accessible.
- Large-capacity radiator provides maximum cooling efficiency and is positioned high in frame for optimal protection.
- Compact engine design features a 45-degree cylinder angle for maximum ground clearance and lower seat height for quick, responsive steering and agility.
- Gear-driven crankshaft balancer and rubber-damper engine mounts reduce vibration.
- Specially designed drive system air intake vent helps prevent overheating and keeps water and mud from entering drive case.
- Tool-free air filter box for easy access and quick maintenance.
Chassis and Suspension
- Lightweight chassis features outstanding durability with superior rigidity for class-leading agility and handling.
- Light steering and a class-leading turning radius combine for increased comfort and incredible maneuverability—even in 4WD.
- Fully independent four-wheel suspension features a double wishbone suspension front and rear delivering 6.3 inches and 7.1 inches of travel.
- Using a newly-designed multi-disc system running in gear oil, the sealed rear wet brake combines strong, consistent stopping power and greatly reduced maintenance requirements.
- Large-diameter ventilated hydraulic front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power in a variety of conditions.
- Direct front shaft drive eliminates U-joint for greater durability and more efficient power transfer when engaged in 4WD.
- Heavy-duty composite front carry bar and CV joint guards help prevent damage to boot covers and won’t dent or rust.
- Grizzly 700-inspired front-end styling boasts convenient water-resistant storage compartment on the front fender.
- The water-resistant DC outlet is located to the side of the multifunction instrument panel for convenient access; automotive style receptacle handles a wide range of accessories.
- Steel cargo racks with special, extra-durable wrinkle paint finish feature a combined cargo capacity of 264 pounds (88 front, 176 rear).
- Available in Realtree® AP™ camouflage with a water-dipped process for durability.
- Large-capacity, 4-gallon fuel tank has a built-in gauge and easy-to-reach petcock valve.
- Water-resistant, large-capacity underseat storage box provides added convenience.
- Wide, fully integrated floorboards keep rider’s feet dry and feature serrated floorboards for extra grip in wet conditions.
- Large front and rear fenders with inner guards offer excellent mud/splash protection.
- Easy-access, underseat marine-spec electrical components ensure maximum protection from the elements.
- Dual, bright multireflector 30-watt Krypton bulb headlights with high and low beams; rear brake light.
- Assembled in Newnan, GA, U.S.A.
|Engine Type||421cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled single; SOHC|
|Bore x Stroke||84.5mm x 75.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 33mm BSR|
|Transmission||Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking/H, L, N, R, P|
|Drive Train||Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD; shaft drive|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone; 6.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Independent double wishbone; 7.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic discs|
|Brakes / Rear||Sealed oil bathed, multi disc|
|Tires / Front||AT25x8-12|
|Tires / Rear||AT25x10-12|
|Length||78.5 x 43.0 x 44.1 in|
|Seat Height||33.1 in|
|Turning Radius||118 in|
|Ground Clearance||10.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Wet Weight||606 lb|
|Rack Capacity||88 lb Fr./176 lb Rr.|
|Towing Capacity||1322 lb|
|Instrumentation||Digital LCD multifunction display: speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeter, hour meter, clock, gear position and fuel gauge|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 21W/5W brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|