2013 Yamaha Road Star S
The Yamaha Road Star S is a classic cruiser powered by a 102-cubic-inch V-twin engine which is paired with a 5-speed, wide-ratio gearbox with a multiplate wet clutch.
The motorcycle features a long 1,685mm wheelbase which creates a long and low retro profile, great rider comfort and stable handling. Needless to say that the motorcycle’s seat and handlebar were carefully designed to offer a comfortable riding position. Talking about comfort, the motorcycle’s ride quality is kept in check by a 43mm front fork with large-diameter covers and 140 mm of wheel travel and a spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear link suspension (rear wheel travel is 110 mm ).
The motorcycle’s speed is controlled by a set of capable brakes which include dual 298mm front disc brakes with one-piece, 4-piston calipers and 320mm rear disc brakes with 4-piston calipers.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha Road Star S.
2013 Yamaha Road Star S
The 2013 Yamaha Road Star S features a fuel injected V-Twin with muscle to burn and plenty of chrome. It’s as easy on the eyes as it is easy to ride. Another winner in the legendary Star series.
Perfect Platform for Customization.
The 2013 Road Star S is one of the most customized air-cooled V-Twins in the business... and with good reason too. It simply looks good, due mostly to the classic appeal of that hardtail looking steel frame and all the classic looking hardware that goes with it. The 2013 Yamaha Road Star S gets even more chrome accents to the front end including chrome switchgear, front brake master cylinder, front fork and levers.
Though it’s available in a metallic black lacquer - this Star is sure to light up the road with its radiant good looks and brilliant chrome.
Gleaming chrome, a retro seat and loads of torquey muscle will have you itching to ride. Swing a leg over, fire up the massive fuel injected V-twin engine, and then settle in for a nice long ride.
- 1,670cc, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 8-valve, 48° V-twin powerplant pumps out lots of low-rpm torque for unparalleled acceleration and cruising performance.
- 4 valves per cylinder provide optimum breathing efficiency while 2 spark plugs per cylinder ensure complete combustion for maximum power output.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by twin crankcase-mounted camshafts deliver exceptional performance and reduce maintenance needs.
- Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps overall engine height down for a lower centre of gravity.
- Large-diameter, forged pistons offer great durability and lighter weight for fast response.
- Ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
- Cooling fin thickness is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, maintaining that traditional clean, air-cooled engine appearance.
- Electronic fuel injection with TPS. This system features a single 40mm throttle body with dual injectors (one for each cylinder). The throttle position sensor is linked to the ECU and supplies info about throttle opening so the ECU can adjust ignition timing for optimum engine performance at all rpms.
- High-capacity air intake system with paper type air filter provides maximum breathing for optimum performance.
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds.
- Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low- maintenance and simplifies customization. Special narrow design drive belt and sprockets (front and rear) provide lightweight performance and exceptional durability.
- Dry sump lubrication system with handy spin-on oil filter, creates a lower centre of gravity by helping reduce overall engine height.
- Large-flywheel crankshaft delivers superior, low-rpm torque and that incredible V-twin "pulse" feel.
- 2-piece heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience. 2-piece design allows the rider to individually adjust front and rear portions to suit foot size or remove the rear section if not desired.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
- Electric starting system features solenoid-activated auto-decompressor for easy, no-hassle starting.
- 2-into-2 exhaust system features beefy, staggered, dual shotgun pipes that produce a soulful V-twin exhaust tune. Muffler replacement is fast and simple, if desired.
- Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
- Lots of high quality chrome engine covers.
Chassis and Suspension
- Solid-mounted engine housed in a specially designed gusset-less, double-cradle steel frame features a stylish 32° rake.
- Long 1,685mm (66.3") wheelbase creates a long and low retro profile, great rider comfort and solid, stable handling.
- Spacious ergonomics provide ample legroom, which maximizes rider comfort.
- 43mm front fork with large-diameter covers and 140mm (5.5") of wheel travel smooth out the ride.
- Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear link suspension lowers centre of gravity for excellent handling and a plush ride. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3").
- Rear shock is horizontally mounted under the engine and tucked out of sight for that classic, hardtail look.
- Dual 298mm front disc brakes feature one-piece, 4-piston calipers with chrome "buttons" accenting the outer piston covers.
- 320mm rear disc brake with 4-piston caliper provides excellent stopping power and feel.
- Separate rider and passenger seats provide lots of support and comfort. Passenger seat can be easily removed.
- Full-size, floating-type rider floorboards are roomy and comfortably positioned while also helping reduce vibration.
- Separate sub frame positioned under deeply valanced rear fender allows easy customization with numerous accessible mounting points.
- Deeply valance steel fenders combine timeless styling with rugged durability and easy customization.
- Nine-spoke, cast aluminum front and rear wheels not only reduce weight and maintenance (no spokes to tighten), but they also add a sportier styling image to the Road Star S. Since these are mag wheels, they are fitted with bias ply, tubeless-type tires.
- 18 litre fuel tank provides an exceptional cruising range. The FI electric fuel pump is located inside the tank. Fuel tank seam is hidden for that clean, custom look.
- Wide, swept-back, 1"-diameter, rubber-mounted handlebars are easy to reach and help to reduce vibration on the rider’s hands.
- Beautiful braided steel-look throttle and clutch cables enhance that the Road Star’s stylish custom look and image.
- Tank-mounted speedometer features an extremely stylish design with raised 3D marks to highlight the speed graduations. Instrumentation includes odometer, dual tripmeters, clock and a fuel gauge plus a range of indicator lights.
- Diamond-shaped, LED rear taillight with white lens looks like it is straight off a fully customized machine. The LED design not only provides a bright light, but also uses less power.
- Stylish self-cancelling turn signals with custom looking clear lenses.
- Rear turn signal mounting bracket is beautifully chromed and features a built-in license plate light. It is small details like this that separate the Star series of cruisers from the rest of the crowd.
- Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Extra wide chromed front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
- 3-dimensional, fuel tank-mounted Road Star logo
- Seat and steering locks are integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- Handy, dual under seat helmet holders
- Powerful, 12V 60/55-watt, halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility.
- Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
- In-tank electric fuel pump
- Beautifully chromed, 43mm front fork assembly, upper triple clamp, handlebar holder, switch gear, master cylinder and levers
- Blacked-out engine with polished cooling fin edges
- High quality metallic black lacquer paint scheme
- Factory-installed passing lamp relay speeds the installation of the accessory passing lamp kit available through Yamaha Genuine Parts and Accessories.
|US MSRP Price||$13,790 (Raven)|
|Engine Type||102-cubic-inch (1670cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||97mm x 113mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|Ignition TCI||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, wide-ratio; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||43mm fork; 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||130/90-16M/C 67H|
|Tires / Rear||150/80B16M/C 71H|
|Seat Height||27.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.7 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.8 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||36 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||743 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
**Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road
conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
***Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel.