2013 Yamaha Royal Star Venture S
The Yamaha Royal Star Venture S is a classic cruiser developed for those who like long journeys on two wheels.
At its heart sits a smooth 1298cc, V-Four, liquid cooled engine mated on a five speed transmission with hydraulic clutch. The engine is mounted on a high tensile steel frame built to offer a perfect mix between lightness and rigidity.
As far as comfort is concerned, the Yamaha Royal Star Venture S is packed with all the amenities expected from a luxury touring bike. Among them you’ll find a four-speaker sound system with a Star-branded iPod touch, a CB radio, intercom system and AM/FM radio.
As far as pricing is concerned, the Yamaha Royal Star Venture S can be yours for no less than $20,590. It is also worthy of being mentioned that the motorcycle comes with an impressive 5 years warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha Royal Star Venture S.
2013 Yamaha Royal Star Venture S
Engine:liquid-cooled 70° V-four; DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder
Energy:32mm Mikuni® CV carburetors
Get all the style and performance of a full dressed touring bike at a surprisingly affordable price. The 2013 Yamaha Royal Star Venture S features classic weather beating bodywork and lots of touring amenities. It’s guaranteed to turn heads. Did we mention the 5-year warranty too?
Venture from Coast to Coast
A super smooth 1298cc V-Four liquid cooled powerplant wrapped in a high tensile steel frame built to carry two people and plenty of gear in ultimate two wheel comfort. When it comes to seeing North America in detail, there’s no better way to do it than by riding a 2013 Yamaha Venture.
The Royal Star Venture S, a classic touring bike that turns every head on the block with its sleek sophistication and classic good looks. Plus all the amenities and long distance comfort you would expect on a touring motorcycle.
We’ve added plenty of chrome to create the Royal Star Venture S. It’s got the eye-popping style and the smooth performance of a luxury touring bike, with two very appealing added features: a surprisingly low price tag and a 5-year, unlimited mileage warranty.
- US MPG Fuel Consumption: 39 mpg; Fuel Consumption ± 18kpl/51mpg(Imp)
- 1,294cc, liquid-cooled V-4
- Luggage space to spare
- This fully loaded luxury touring machine comes with everything serious riders need, including a four-speaker sound system with a Star-branded iPod touch,® a CB radio, intercom system, and AM/FM radio combined with a powerful and smooth V-four
engine and front end chrome accents.
- There’s plenty of lockable storage in the form of a 15-gallon trunk and a pair of color-matched 9.3-gallon sidebags; that’s 33.6 gallons total.
- Ergonomically designed bucket-type seats with plush, wraparound passenger backrest for unbeatable long-range comfort.
- Industry’s premier rider support package includes a five-year, unlimited mileage warranty and 24-hour roadside assistance program.
- The Royal Star Venture S gets chrome accents to the front end.
- 1,294cc, liquid-cooled, DOHC, 16-valve, V-4 powerplant produces class-leading power - 98hp and maximum torque of 89 ft-lb @ 4,750 rpm - for excellent touring performance.
- 4 valves per cylinder head design ensures maximum breathing efficiency for great engine performance.
- Four Mikuni BDSR 32mm carburetors with TPS deliver seamless throttle response.
- Each carburetor features a single 15-watt heater to ensure consistent fuel/air delivery under varying temperatures.
- Huge air box capacity provides exceptional airflow to help boost both torque and power.
- Dual intake system enhances performance without sacrificing fuel tank capacity.
- Large-capacity radiator ensures superior engine cooling for maximum efficiency.
- Single-axis, internal engine counter balancer reduces engine vibration for maximum rider and passenger comfort.
- Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive reduces engine rpm at highway speeds for smooth, relaxed touring.
- Maintenance-free, light-action hydraulic clutch
- Smooth, clean, quiet, low-maintenance shaft drive
- 4-into-2 exhaust system puts out a throaty exhaust note and creates a long, low profile that’s easily customizable.
- Maintenance-free transistorized coil ignition (TCI) provides a precise timing curve at all rpms for instant engine response and fast, sure starts.
- Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
- Air induction system (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC emissions.
- Spin-on type oil filter means fast, easy oil changes.
- Easy-to-use heel-toe shifter highlights the classic retro design.
- Numerous chromed engine parts highlight pride of ownership and attention to detail.
Chassis and Suspension
- High-integrity, double-cradle steel frame with solid engine mounting and 29° caster angle delivers responsive steering and excellent handling.
- Long 1,705mm (67.1") wheelbase provides great rider control and excellent stability.
- Long wheelbase also creates exceptionally roomy ergonomics for maximum rider and passenger touring comfort.
- Air-adjustable, 43mm front fork with 140mm (5.6") of wheel travel smoothes out the bumps and can be adjusted for varying load capacities.
- Air-adjustable, link rear suspension features a vertically mounted single shock for that classic hardtail look and outstanding long-distance ride quality. Rear wheel travel is 105mm (4.1").
- Air adjustability allows the rider to adjust rear suspension preload to match load and road conditions.
- Dual 298mm front discs are squeezed by twin piston calipers while the huge 320mm rear disc utilizes a four piston caliper to provide strong, linear stopping power.
- Wide, fork-mounted fairing with wind deflectors and frame-mounted lower cowlings offer outstanding wind and weather protection.
- Full-sized, floating-type rider and passenger floorboards reduce vibration and are positioned for optimal long-distance comfort.
- Easy-to-reach, 1-inch, rubber-mounted handlebars reduce vibration.
- 22.5-litre fuel tank with low-fuel warning light ensures outstanding long-distance touring range.
- Large, powerful 12V 60/55-watt halogen headlight maximizes nighttime visibility while cutting a stylish profile.
- Remote adjustable headlight aiming with conveniently located control helps compensate for changes in load.
- Vintage-style instrument console features: digital speedometer, odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel reserve tripmeter, clock and fuel gauge.
- Convenient electronic cruise control system. Switch is located on right handlebar for ease of use.
- Clarion AM/FM cassette stereo features automatic volume control (AVC), 18-FM presets, 6-AM presets, covered cassette deck and remote controllers for rider and passenger. There is a front auxillary plug-in for an MP3 player.
- Four weather-resistant speakers (2-front/2-rear) with 14-watts per channel
- Handlebar-mounted 40-channel CB radio
- Two-way rider/passenger intercom system
- Huge, 57-litre rear trunk with easy, one-touch opener can hold two full-faced helmets.
- Colour-matched, hard saddlebags feature handy, one-touch openers and offer 35-litres of storage per bag.
- Low-maintenance, 18 amp sealed battery ensures easy, reliable starting.
- Self-canceling turn signalswith stylish clear lens.
- Incomparable Star fit and finish includes flawless paint with extensive chrome and brushed stainless steel accents, and deep valanced steel fenders.
- Ignition switch, with integrated steering lock, and accessory position is mounted at the front of fuel tank for extra convenience.
- 12 volt cigarette lighter-style fairing mounted DC outlet
- 12 volt DC connector located under the rider seat for additional accessories
- Chrome engine guards, fender trim and 3-D Venture front fender mascot highlight unparalleled styling and attention to detail.
- Chrome handlebar switches
- Padded passenger grab rails
- Extra wide clutch and brake levers
- Blacked-out engine block with polished cooling fin edges
- Chromed front fork assembly
- 3-D Venture fuel tank emblem
- Exclusive Royal Star 5-year unlimited mileage warranty
|Engine||Type 79-cubic-inch (1294cc) liquid-cooled 70° V-four; DOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||79mm x 66mm|
|Fuel Delivery||32mm Mikuni® CV carburetors|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed, wide-ratio w/5th-gear overdrive; hydraulic clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; air-assist, 5.5-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; air-assist, 4.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||150/80-16 71H|
|Tires / Rear||150/90B15M/C 74H|
|Seat Height||29.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||6.1 gal|
|Fuel Economy||39 mpg|
|Wet Weight||869 lb|
|Other||Warranty 5 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|