2013 Yamaha Stratoliner S
Classic stance, leaned back handlebars, big windscreen and lots of chrome – this is how you can shortly describe the tasty look of the Yamaha Stratoliner S.
However, apart from its special style, the Stratoliner S has also many other winning cards hidden in its sleeve. The most interesting one is, of course, the big 113-cubic-inch (1854cc), air-cooled 48° V-twin, pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder engine which cranks out more than enough power and torque to help you deal effortless with highway traffic. The engine’s power is kept in leash by a modern 5-speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch.
The Yamaha Stratoliner S is built on an aluminum, die cast, double-cradle frame that was especially forged to keep the motorcycle’s weight to as low as possible without affecting its rigidity.
The Yamaha Stratoliner S has a starting price of $17,590 and comes with 1 year warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha Stratoliner S.
2013 Yamaha Stratoliner S
Engine:air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder
Transmission:5-speed, multiplate slipper clutch
Energy:Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection
Class leading performance, lightweight aluminum chassis, and today’s most popular quick detachable casual touring amenities. Discover the incredible sense of price and satisfaction that comes standard with each 2013 Yamaha Stratoliner S.
Don’t Just Ride the Road - Own it
When you are ready to travel in big time style and performance, the aluminum framed 113 cubic inch, fuel injected 2013 Yamaha Stratoliner S is ready to roll. Big time.
The Stratoliner S combines precision, performance and craftsmanship.
Pride of ownership comes standard with every Stratoliner S. Representing the pinnacle of the casual touring cruisers, the Stratoliner S takes V-twin performance and character to the next level. Ready to roll with a quick detach windshield and backrest, the amazing Stratoliner S is setting standards by which all casual touring machines will be judged.
- US MPG Fuel Consumption: 42 mpg; Fuel Consumption ± 18kpl/51mpg(Imp)
- Classic "Neo Streamline" styling
- Quick detach windshield and backrest
- The Stratoliner S gets chrome switchgear, front brake and clutch master cylinders and levers, belt guard, fork and fork covers, handlebar clamps, shifter, front pulley cover, various engine covers, rear fender stay and polished wheels.
- A pair of large, leather-covered, locking hard sidebags make the Stratoliner S excellent for long hauls and short trips.
- Powerful and beautiful 113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled, pushrod V-twin produces great thrust at any speed.
- Twin-bore downdraft electronic fuel injection provides optimum engine efficiency and throttle response in the widest possible range of conditions.
- Neo-streamline design gives the Stratoliner S a completely distinctive look.
- Long and low aluminum frame provides great looks and light handling unlike any other full-size cruiser.
- A sculpted seat makes the Stratoliner S an excellent place to sit on long rides.
- The Star® Accessories Catalog is packed full of high-quality parts that invite Star owners to fully express their individuality.
- 1854cc, air-cooled, long-stroke, OHV, 4 valves per cylinder, 48°, V-twin powerplant produces massive torque and class leading acceleration.
- Traditional pushrod valve actuation keeps engine height down for a lower centre of gravity and ensures more uniform heat dissipation due to absence of a cam chain case. A lower centre of gravity helps to insure light, easy handling.
- Four-valve cylinder heads provide optimal breathing efficiency for great power delivery at all rpms. The two spark plugs per cylinder means faster, more complete combustion for maximum power output.
- Cylinder head design utilizes a pent roof combustion chamber design and features a oil passage near the exhaust valve seat to improve cooling and durability. The heads also feature engine mounting points on each side of the head for increased chassis rigidity for exceptional handling. The engine is a stressed member.
- Large size valves increase engine horsepower and torque. The intake valves are 36mm in diameter while the exhaust valves are 31mm.
- Specially designed valve train includes short design intake and exhaust rocker arms that reduce inertia during higher rpm use.
- High performance spec twin, crankcase-mounted, high-lift cams ensure strong torque and class leading acceleration.
- Mechanical centrifugal decompression mechanism located in each of the exhaust camshafts ensures fast, easy starts. This system is contained inside the camshafts and reduces weight and complexity since no solenoid etc. is required.
- Hydraulic valve lifters driven by the twin camshafts deliver exceptional performance and significantly reduce maintenance and tune-up requirements.
- 100mm pistons are both durable and lightweight. Yamaha’s exclusive "controlled forged construction" keeps the pistons light for faster response and to accommodate higher-rpm performance with reduced vibration and less reciprocating mass. The pistons feature an Alumite coating to reduce friction.
- The dry sump oil lubrication system has been optimized to ensure maximum lubrication and cooling . Special oil nozzles direct oil at the bottom of the pistons to cool and lubricate them.
- Special "dual chamber" crankcase design. The front section is for the crank assembly while the rear is for the transmission. Two, 3-rotor high capacity oil pumps optimizes oil flow in each of the two main sections of the engine.
- 100mm bore ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation, reduce weight, reduce friction and increase cylinder service life.
- Cooling fin thickness and depth is optimized for maximum heat dissipation, thereby eliminating the need for liquid cooling, while maintaining that traditional, stylish air-cooled engine appearance.
- Optimized "damper-less" crankshaft allows the rider to feel the directness of the engine’s power. For each rotation of the rear wheel, in 5th gear, the crank spins 3.14 times providing an outstanding rear wheel driving force feeling to the rider.
- Compact design dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration for exceptional rider and passenger comfort.
- 3-axis crankcase layout means the crankshaft, main axle and drive shaft are specially arranged to minimize the size of the engine cases and centralize mass.
- 43mm, twin-bore, downdraft throttle body fuel injection (FI) with throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures great throttle response and maximum power throughout the rev range. This system is a "closed loop" system since it utilizes an oxygen sensor in the exhaust to monitor the concentration of oxygen and adjust the FI system if necessary. The benefits of fuel injection include chokeless operation, increased fuel economy, instant throttle response and reduced emissions.
- The 12-hole, 2-directional Mikuni injectors produce a wide spray pattern for complete cylinder filling. This special spray pattern combined with the dual spark plug heads to ensure complete combustion for maximum power. A Idle Speed Control (ISC) has been adopted to ensure stable idling performance.
- High capacity electronic fuel pump is located in the sub tank under the seat.
- Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
- State-of-the-art Electronic Control Unit (ECU) ensures precisely metered fuel delivery and optimal ignition spark control using 3D transistorized coil ignition mapping for each cylinder.
- 3.5 liter dual inlet air filter box is located under the tank. There are intake ducts at the front and rear of the air box for maximum breathing efficiency. This design not only maximizes air flow but also reduces weight. A viscous paper type air filter is used.
- Air Induction System (AIS) injects fresh oxygen at the exhaust port to insure complete combustion thereby reducing harmful exhaust emissions (HC & CO) while a special air cut valve reduces backfiring when decelerating or coasting off throttle.
- High-performance, 2-into-1-exhaust system features large diameter header pipes for maximum flow. The single muffler contains a 3-way honey comb matrix catalyizer to reduce harmful exhaust emissions. The stylish muffler helps to boost torque and horsepower while producing a throaty, V-twin growl.
- The exhaust system also features a lightweight titanium EXUP exhaust power valve most commonly found on high performance sport bikes. The EXUP system not only provides crisp throttle response and eliminates ’flat spots" but also improves acceleration and reduces fuel consumption and harmful emissions.
- Dry sump lubrication system means a more compact engine design since the oil tank is not part of the engine, which lowers the centre of gravity for great handling and a light feel. A handy, spin-on oil filter means fast, easy oil changes.
- Frame mounted oil cooler is a first on a Yamaha cruiser. The cooler maintains consistent oil temperatures for optimum cooling and lubrication of this massive V-twin powerplant.
- Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmissionfeatures optimized gear ratios for strong acceleration and relaxed cruising at highway speeds.
- 2-piece heel-and-toe shifter adds versatility and enhances the overall cruising experience. The 2-piece design allows the rider to individually adjust front and rear portions to suit foot size or remove the rear section if not desired.
- New "assist and slipper clutch" features a heavy duty 10 plate hydraulically operated wet clutch that reduces clutch lever pull / effort at the handlebar by 20%, for reduced hand fatigue and improved rider comfort. This newly designed clutch also features a back torque limiter function (also known as a slipper clutch). The slipper function helps to reduce the sharp effects of engine braking when downshifting. The end result is an easier to use clutch and smoother down shifting for an enhanced cruising / touring experience. This clutch is operated by hydraulic master cylinder instead of a cable. The hydraulic clutch design is low maintenance, self-adjusting and very stylish.
- Low-maintenance belt drive system not only significantly reduce maintenance but is also clean and quiet. A belt drive system uses less power than a shaft drive and reduces unsprung weight for great rear suspension performance.
Chassis and Suspension:
- Aluminum, die cast, double-cradle frame reduces weight, while balancing strength and rigidity. The critical head pipe area features box type construction for additional strength. The frame not provides excellent handling characteristics but also compliments the beautiful flowing lines of the rest of the chassis and bodywork. The engine is rigidly mounted in the frame.
- Lightweight C.F. die cast aluminum swingarm offers superb rigidity and ensures excellent stability and handling. The C.F. die casting process allows for beautiful shapes that are both strong and light. This swingarm is a fashion statement in aluminum and compliments the rest of the Stratoliner’s eye catching styling.
- Rigid 46mm front fork offers 130mm (5.1") of wheel travel for exceptionally stable handling and great ride comfort. The fork features "slash cut" large diameter chromed fork shrouds to enhance the "neo- streamliner" styling.
- Beefy, cast aluminum, top and bottom triple clamps help increase fork rigidity and reduce weight.
- Link rear suspension features a spring preload adjustable single rear shock delivering outstanding ride comfort and precise handling. The shock is horizontally positioned under the engine for a lower center of gravity and is hidden to provide that classic "hardtail" look. Rear wheel travel is 110mm (4.3").
- Powerful dual 298mm floating front discs are squeezed by ultra rigid, 4-piston, monoblock calipers providing sport-bike spec stopping power. These brakes also provide great feel and feedback.
- Huge 320mm rear disc is squeezed by a single piston caliper mounted below the swingarm for a lower center of gravity and that customized "hidden look".
- Lightweight, polished12 spoke cast aluminum mag wheels reduce weight and enhance handling and styling. The front wheel is MT 4.00x18 while the rear wheel is a MT 5.50x17. Both are fitted with tubeless radial tires that provide excellent traction and reduced rolling resistance.
- Two-piece seat design features a wide, flat profile for excellent rider comfort. The passenger seat features a small lip at the rear of the seat providing a secure feeling for the passenger.
- 51w /55w high efficiency Irradiation headlight. This is a 2 bulb design, one for low beam and one for high beam. The unique headlight body compliments the "neo-streamline" styling.
- Steel fenders front and rear can be easily customized or painted to suit personal preferences.
- Flangeless teardrop style fuel tank offers 14 liters of capacity. There are no welds visible, providing that custom look. The total fuel capacity is 17 liters thanks to a 3 liter sub tank located low in the frame below the seat. A high pressure electric fuel pump with quick connect fittings provide fuel to the FI system.
- New 3D fuel tank emblems (speedlines have been eliminated)
- Large 1.25" diameter handlebars. All electrical wires are hidden inside the handlebars for that clean custom look. Selected meter functions can be controlled by buttons on the back of RHS switch.
- Fuel tank mounted instrument panel. The speedo has a unique classic clock styling motif. Just below the large analogue speedo is an analogue tach and fuel gauge. Other functions include digital odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel reserve trip counter and clock. Background illumination can be adjusted to suit personal preferences.
- Super quick detachable windshield can be removed without tools. The windshield locks into place with the ignition key for added security.
- Super quick detachable chromed passenger backrest can be removed in seconds without tools. The backrest locks into place with the ignition key for added security.
- Beautifully styled, semi hard reinforced leather saddlebags provide ample storage for causal weekend tours.
- Teardrop shaped rider floorboards with floating rubber inserts reduce vibration.
- Extra wide, chromed brake and clutch levers provide that quality feel and look.
- Industry-leading, Star Family fit and finish creates a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- Highly visible, clear look LED taillight
- Self-canceling turn signals (15 seconds or 150 meters) with stylish clear lenses.
- Low-fuel warning light
- Low maintenance sealed battery
- Fork lock integrated into main ignition switch for extra convenience
- Numerous high quality deep, rich chrome accents including: forks, handlebar switches, levers and engine covers
|Engine Type||113-cubic-inch (1854cc) air-cooled 48° V-twin; pushrod OHV, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100mm x 118mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Twin-Bore electronic fuel injection;throttle position sensor|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||46mm telescopic fork; 5.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 4.3-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Tires / Front||130/70-18M/C 63H|
|Tires / Rear||190/60-17M/C 78H|
|Seat Height||27.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.5 gal|
|Fuel Economy||42 mpg|
|Wet Weight||813 lb|
|Other||Warranty 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|