2013 Yamaha Stryker
In the latest years, the custom-ready crusiers have started to be more popular than ever and among them you’ll also find the Yamaha Striker, a capable motorcycle designed for those who want a modern-day custom chopper.
The 2013 Yamaha Stryker features a pretty aggressive design language which inspires power and respect. At the heart of the motorcycle you’ll find a 1304 cc, fuel injected liquid cooled V-Twin engine that puts out enough power and torque to help you deal effortless with highway traffic. The engine is mated to a 5-speed transmission which is paired with a multiplate wet clutch.
Apart from the powerful engine you’ll also like the raked out front end, the comfortable riding position and the lean-back handlebar.
The 2013 Yamaha Stryker is available at a starting price of $11,590 and comes with a 1 year warranty.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha Stryker.
2013 Yamaha Stryker
Horsepower @ RPM:68 @ 5600
Torque @ RPM:75 @ 3700
The looks and style you crave along with performance and refinement you only get from a Star Motorcycle...
The 2013 Yamaha Stryker, a machine designed to be ridden and admired. Chopper inspired styling, attention to detail and machanical function blend together in a stunning mid class "chopper". One ride and you will know Yamaha got it right. The style, the performance and that special attitude is intoxicating.
Totally Custom - Even Before you Make it Your Own
With its raked out front end and "fists in the wind" riding position, the 2013 Yamaha Stryker is pure attitude. And with an 80 cubic inch V-Twin, a beautiful final belt drive, it churns out plenty of low end torque that gets to the ground in a very satisfying way.
Powered by a liquid-cooled, 1304cc V-twin powerplant, the Stryker offers an unparalleled riding experience.
The looks are guaranteed to turn heads while the engine performance and sound will keep you grinning all day. But there is more. It is hard to put into words but one ride and you will discover its unique "bad boy" attitude.
"There are always a few bikes that stand out from every year’s release of new models. And, more often than not, the standouts are built by Yamaha."
- * 1304cc (80 cubic inch), liquid-cooled, short stroke, SOHC, 4-valve per cylinder, fuel injected, 60° V-twin powerplant pumps out impressive power and torque for excellent cruising performance.
- * Uneven firing interval, bore & stroke dimensions and special ignition & injection mapping all contribute to excellent torque output and that classic V-twin pulse feeling
- * Liquid-cooling not only allows for higher state of tune because it maintains more stable operating temperatures, but also reduces mechanical noise for a quieter engine.
- * In an effort to maintain the classic air-cooled appearance of the engine, cooling fins have been added as a styling highlight.
- * The short stroke engine design reduces the "height" of the engine, while the 60 degree "V" makes the engine more compact thereby centralizing mass and lowering the centre of gravity for lighter, more responsive handling.
- * One-piece cylinder heads feature 4-valves per cylinder to provide optimum breathing efficiency for maximum power output.
- * Stylish chromed cylinder head covers.
- * The SOHC valve train features 36mm intake and 32mm exhaust valves with special single coil springs for great power and torque. Valve angles are set at 20 degrees from centre.
- * Specially designed roller rockers activate the valves. The roller rocker system allows a greater amount of valve lift without causing excessive camshaft wear and friction. The slipper portion of the rocker arm features a needle bearing which reduces wear and slide resistance (friction). The camshafts have been specially designed for use with roller rockers.
- * Pent roof combustion chamber design and optimized squish area forces the fuel / air mixture toward the centre of the combustion chamber for more complete combustion and hence improved power and cleaner emissions.
- * The radiator is mounted between the front frame downtubes to minimize its appearance especially when viewing the machine from the side. Even the rad hoses have been discreetly placed for a cleaner appearance. An electric fan aids in cooling during hot weather or in stop and go traffic.
- * Automatic hydraulic cam chain tensioners reduce mechanical noise and simplify maintenance too.
- * Ceramic composite-plated cylinders provide uniform heat dissipation while also reducing friction and weight. The cylinders have a tapered "V" appearance to highlight the V-twin design. Cylinder bore is 100mm.
- * High performance forged pistons offer great durability and reduced weight for faster engine response and less mechanical vibration.
- * Crankshaft features a single crank pin design. This specially designed crank and uneven firing order helps to enhance the pulse feeling and that unique V-twin engine character.
- * Single axis, left and right dual engine counter balancers reduce vibration to a minimum while maximizing rider comfort.
- * Crankcase design features internal oil and coolant lines for a clean, air-cooled engine appearance. There are special piston coolers that spray oil at the under side of the pistons.
- * Easy access, spin on type oil filter is located under the engine. There is no need to remove any parts to access the oil filter.
- * Classic side mounted air box houses a high-flow viscous paper-type filter and adds that special styling touch too.
- * Mikuni dual bore, 40mm throttle body fuel injection system with TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) and ISC (Idle Speed Control). This is a "closed loop" system that utilizes an oxygen sensor in the exhaust. The sensor "sniffs" the spent exhaust gases and feeds back info to the ECU which in turn adjusts the fuel/air mixture for maximum power with minimum emissions. The oxygen sensor is located before the mufflers, so the use of slip-on mufflers will not affect this system. Each injector features 12 holes and a dual spray pattern for better fuel atomization and more complete combustion chamber filling. There is one injector per cylinder. Fuel injection benefits include improved fuel economy; choke less operation, reduced emissions, and great throttle response.
- * High pressure fuel pump is located in a separate sub tank below the seat.
- * Maintenance-free transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides a hot spark for sure starts and strong engine performance.
- * 2 into 1 into 2 exhaust system features dual slash cut mufflers which provide a specially developed exhaust note that accentuates the V-Twin rumble. The engineers call it the "sound of acceleration".
- * A 3-way honeycomb catalyzer is located at the entry point to the mufflers. The catalyzer reduces harmful exhaust emissions.
- * Smooth-shifting, 5-speed transmission with 5th gear overdrive delivers outstanding cruising performance and reduced rpms at highway speeds for comfortable cruising.
- * Clean, quiet belt drive system is extremely low maintenance and simplifies customization. The belt features carbon cords for extra strength.
- * Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful exhaust emissions (CO + HC).
Chassis and Suspension
- * Double cradle steel frame with "open neck space" provides an aggressive chopper image. This frame utilizes a rigid engine mounting system to optimize the overall rigidity balance of the chassis for superior handling. The rake is 34 degrees with a yoke offset of 6 degrees. The frame not only provides excellent handling and roomy ergonomics but also compliments the beautiful flowing lines of the entire machine.
Important Note: Raked out front fork with lots of trail generally provides good straight line stability but often results in heavy steering at low speeds. The engineers at Yamaha will not sacrifice handling for styling, so they have developed a 6 degree yoke offset angle combined with a 34 degree steering head for a total fork angle of 40 degrees. The "Stryker" provides light "athletic handling and easy steering" not normally associated with a custom styled bike. This bike was designed to be ridden ! Key numbers: 6 degree yoke offset angle, 34 degree caster angle, 109mm of trail.
- * Steel swingarm compliments the frame and the overall chassis rigidity balance
- * Long 1,750mm (68.9") wheelbase creates a long, low profile and solid, stable handling. This chassis offers a 45% & 55% front to rear weight distribution and is approximately 60mm longer than the standard V-Star 1300.
- * The long low design means spacious ergonomics with lots of leg room, which maximizes rider and passenger comfort.
- * Raked out 41mm front fork offers excellent ride comfort and compliance. Chip protectors help to prevent stone chips in the tubes. Front wheel travel is 135mm (5.3").
- * Monocross style, spring preload-adjustable, single-shock, link rear suspension centralizes mass for agile handling. The linkage system provides a rising rate effect that provides excellent compliance on both small and large bumps. There are 9 positions of spring preload adjustability to suit rider preference.
- * Rear shock is vertically mounted behind the engine and is tucked out of sight for that classic, clean, hard tail look. Rear wheel travel is 100mm (3.9").
- * Single, large 320mm, floating front disc is squeezed by a compact twin piston front caliper.
- * 310mm rear disc brake is squeezed by single piston caliper mounted to the underside of the swingarm. This design not only helps to hide the caliper but also lowers the centre of gravity for excellent handling.
- * Lightweight 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels are fitted with tubeless tires. These stylish wheels are both easy to clean and maintenance-free. The front wheel is a MT3.50 x 21 inch while the rear is a wide MT7.50x18. The narrow front tire (120/70 x 21) and wide rear tire (240/40R18) enhance the chopper styling image.
- * 1 inch diameter handlebars are mounted directly to the upper handlebar crown without the use of traditional handlebar holders. This design accentuates the chopper profile while also providing an aggressive riding position.
- * Deep-bend steel front and rear fenders enhance the chopper styling. Steel material allows for easy customization and painting if desired.
- * 15 litre teardrop shaped fuel tank with chromed filler cap. The long, slim tank design accentuates the bike’s muscular styling lines.
- * One piece rider and passenger seat offers a low 670mm (26.4") seat height and great styling too. Seating position is best described as sitting "in" not "on" providing a very special "riding attitude".
- * Chromed handlebar-mounted instrument features an analog speedometer, digital odometer, dual tripmeters, fuel gauge, fuel reserve tripmeter (counts kilometres since the fuel went on reserve), clock, and a range of warning lights and self diagnostic functions.
- * Instrument functions can be "tabbed" through and reset using the RHS handlebar switch gear, allowing the operator to change instrument meter functions without taking hands off the bars.
- * Compact 60/55 watt high intensity halogen headlight emphasizes the "chopper" image.
- * Eye catching LED taillight is not only very visible but also uses less electrical power than a conventional bulb style taillight.
- * Industry-leading Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- * Extra wide front brake and clutch levers provide a quality feel.
- * Steering lock is integrated into the main ignition switch for extra convenience.
- * Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures fuss-free, dependable starting.
- * Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish clear lenses.
- * 25,000 km valve adjustment intervals
|US MSRP Price||$11,590|
|Engine Type||80-cubic-inch (1304cc) liquid-cooled V-twin; SOHC, 4 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||100.0 x 83.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel injection|
|Ignition TCI||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Frame||Steel double cradle|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; 5.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 3.9-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic disc, 320mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 310mm|
|Tires / Front||120/70-21M/C 62H|
|Tires / Rear||210/40R18M/C 73H|
|Wheels||5-spoke cast aluminum|
|Seat Height||26.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.0 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||40.9 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||646 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
**Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road
conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
***Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel.