2013 Yamaha TT-R125LE
On the long list of beginners’ bikes you’ll also find the Yamaha TT-R125LE, a four-four-stroke-powered model that offers a pretty exciting riding experience. What makes the bike interesting it’s not its engine power - which is pretty limited- , but its lightweight nature and the superior maneuverability.
To make the bike more versatile, Yamaha gave it a relativelly high seat height which is rated at less than 32 inches. The bike comes with more than 11 inches of ground clearance combined with a long travel suspension at both ends which help it deal reasonably with harsh tracks. Though, don’t expect to any wonders, as the TT-R125LE’s suspensions have their limitations and due to their choppy character will keep you from going very fast.
Like the previous model, the 2013 Yamaha TT-R125LE features push-button electric start, 19 and 16-inch wheels, an aluminum swingarm and a 220mm front disc brake. The MSRP of the 2013 Yamaha TT-R125LE is $3,290.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha TT-R125LE.
2013 Yamaha TT-R125LE
Engine:124cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Transmission:Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Big fun for the whole family in a small package, the YZ-styled, four-stroke-powered TT-R125LE begs to be ridden by everyone from bigger kids to adults.
- A seat height of less than 32 inches makes this bike accessible to most riders, but more than 11 inches of ground clearance and long-travel suspension at both ends make it a serious trail bike as well.
- The TT-R125LE model features pushbutton electric start, 19- and 16-inch wheels for great handling, an aluminum swingarm, adjustable suspension calibrated for aggressive and/or bigger riders, and a 220mm front disc brake.
- Potent 124cc air-cooled SOHC four-stroke powerplant puts out torquey, broadband power tuned for maximum off-road performance in a wide range of trail conditions.
- 20mm Mikuni® carburetor ensures crisp, dependable throttle response.
- Smooth-shifting, five-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch is geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
- CDI ignition system is ultra-reliable and never needs maintenance.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
- Easy-access, tool-free air filter adds extra convenience during maintenance.
- Lightweight exhaust system features quiet, USFS-approved spark arrestor.
Chassis and Suspension
- Rigid frame design features a long wheelbase to accommodate bigger riders while maintaining quick, agile off-road handling.
- 31mm telescopic front fork with 7.1 inches of travel has preload adjustability for plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
- TT-R125LE features preload adjustability for even more aggressive off-road performance and handling.
- Big 19-inch front and 16-inch rear wheels on the 125LE mean great handling and terrainability combined with sharp, predictable steering.
- Single rear shock with 6.6 inches of travel and compression and rebound damping adjustability provide predictable handling for the aggressive rider.
- TT-R125LE features a lightweight aluminum box-section swingarm with snail-type chain adjusters for reduced unsprung weight and optimum suspension performance.
- Front disc and rear drum brakes deliver strong, dependable stopping power.
- Knobby tires offer superb grip and exceptional wear.
- Long, YZ-style seat is low, comfortable and allows easy rider movement.
- Gripper-style seat aids seat-of-the-pants feel.
- Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates create styling similar to larger YZ lineup.
- Sleek, narrow fuel tank helps create a big-bike look and feel.
- Large, folding, cleated footpegs provide excellent footing, even in wet or muddy conditions.
- Durable fork boots ensure excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
|Engine Type||124cc air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||54.0mm x 54.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® VM20|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||31mm Telescopic fork; 7.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 6.6-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||220mm single disc|
|Brakes / Rear||110mm drum|
|Tires / Front||70/100-19 42M|
|Tires / Rear||90/100-16 52M|
|Seat Height||31.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.6 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.6 gal|
|Wet Weight***||198 lb|
|Warranty||90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|MSRP*||$3,290 (Team Yamaha Blue/White) Available from October 2012|