2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
The Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom is a classic cruiser built with comfort in and practicality in mind. To reward its rider with a relaxed riding position, the motorcycle if fitted with a sculpted seat, a perfectly angled handlebar and an ergonomically designed fuel tank.
As far as the overall design is concerned the Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom features lots of chrome, a tasty paint job, a bobtail rear fender and an old school headlight. You also get dual exhausts and custom-looking clear turn signals.
The ride quality is assured by a front 41mm front fork with 5.5 inches of wheel travel and an adjustable rear shock which offers 3.4 inches of rear wheel travel.
At the heart of the Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom beats a 650cc V-Twin engine air-cooled 70° V-twin, SOHC engine with 2 valves per cylinder.
The 2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom is available with a starting price of $6,990.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom.
2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom
Horsepower @ RPM:40 @ 6500
The 2013 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom features lots of chrome, luminous paint, a bobtail rear fender, and the convenience of a clean quiet shaft drive. Don’t be surprised if your friends think it’s a one of a kind custom machine.
With a very manageable seat height, light handling, a 650cc V-Twin engine and chrime in all the right places the 2013 Yamaha V-Star Custom is great choice. Looking to get started living the cruiser lifestyle? Then hop aboard a V-Star!
From the day it hit the street, the V-Star 650 Custom has been a huge hit.
We started with an authentic V-twin powerplant and a lean, low-slung chassis, and then tricked it out with lots of chrome, rich paint, and a bobtail rear fender. And thanks to its "chopper" profile, shaft drive, and low seat height, the end result is no ordinary custom. The V-Star 650 Custom is so stylish and unique, people will swear you must have customized it yourself. Don’t worry - we won’t tell a soul.
- * Beautifully chromed and polished 649cc (40-cubic-inch), air-cooled, SOHC, 2 valves per cylinder, 70 degree, V-twin cranks out torquey low- and mid-range power for smooth cruising performance. Maximum torque occurs at a low 3,000 rpm.
- * This engine has been designed to produce strong torque and horsepower in the most usable riding range (50 to 120 km/hr).
- * Twin Mikuni BDS28 carbs with throttle position sensors (TPS) provide crisp throttle response.
- * Wide-ratio, 5-speed transmission ensures extremely usable, cruiser-friendly power delivery. 5th gear is an overdrive gear for reduced engine rpms at highway speeds for a smooth comfortable ride.
- * Light clutch action is perfect for novice riders.
- * Maintenance-free, transistor controlled ignition (T.C.I.) provides sure starts and excellent engine performance.
- * Classic, side-mounted air cleaner not only adds that special styling touch but also is easy to service.
- * Automatic cam chain tensioners reduce maintenance and mechanical engine noise.
- * Low-maintenance, exposed shaft drive provides quiet, clean, reliable performance.
- * 2-into-2 chrome exhaust pipes create sleek styling while delivering maximum engine power. The conversion to aftermarket items is simple and straightforward.
- * Air Induction System (A.I.S.) reduces harmful CO and HC exhaust emissions.
- * Lots of chrome engine parts highlight quality and value.
- * Stout, large-diameter, double-cradle, steel frame is designed to provide a low seat height with ample rider legroom.
- * Long, 1,610mm (63.4") wheelbase provides a stable ride and predictable handling while creating that long and low retro look.
- * 41mm front fork with 140mm (5.5") of wheel travel ensures a smooth, comfortable ride. Chip guards help prevent stone knicks from damaging tubes.
- * Spring preload-adjustable, single-shock rear suspension lowers centre of gravity for excellent handling and easy maneuverability. Wheel travel is 86mm (3.4"). There are 7 steps of spring preload adjustability.
- * Rear shock is tucked out of sight for that classic, "hardtail" look.
- * Single 298mm front disc brake with twin piston caliper delivers strong, confidence-inspiring stopping power.
- * Easy-to-adjust rear drum brake with wear indicator
- * Low-profile seat provides exceptional rider comfort, while class-leading low 695mm (27.4") seat height allows most riders to put feet firmly on the ground for extra confidence.
- * Narrow front tire on spoked chrome wheel completes the Custom design and delivers light steering for easy handling.
- * Large 16-litre fuel tank for an extra long cruising range.
- * Beautiful, tank-mounted speedometer features 3D speed graduations. Functions include odometer and tripmeter displays.
- * Industry-leading, Star family fit and finish features rich, lustrous paint and extensive chrome accents creating a machine as stunning as it is powerful.
- * "Bullet-style", chrome, 60/55-watt, halogen headlight adds a stylish touch while maximizing nighttime visibility.
- * Low-maintenance, sealed battery ensures reliable, no-hassle starting.
- * Locking helmet holder
- * Locking side cover storage compartment adds convenience and security.
- * Self-cancelling turn signals with stylish clear signal lenses
- * Forward-mounted rider footpegs
- * Removable passenger seat
- * Steering lock
- * Bungee cord tie-down points near passenger footpegs helps prevent unwanted scratches.
|US MSRP Price||$6,990|
|Engine Type||40-cubic-inch (649cc) air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 valves/cylinder|
|Bore x Stroke||81 x 63mm|
|Fuel Delivery||(2) 28mm Mikuni® CV carburetors|
|Ignition TCI||Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Frame||Steel, hidden shock|
|Suspension / Front||41mm telescopic fork; 5.5" travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; adjustable preload, 3.4-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic disc, 298mm|
|Brakes / Rear||200mm drum|
|Tires / Front||100/90-19|
|Tires / Rear||170/80-15|
|Seat Height||27.4 in|
|Ground Clearance||5.5 in|
|Fuel Capacity||4.2 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||49 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||514 lb / California model: 518 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
*Prices and specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
**Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your vehicle, accessories, cargo, and operator/passenger weight.
***Wet weight includes the vehicle with all standard equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel.