2013 Yamaha YZ125
The Yamaha YZ125 rewards its rider with a tasty mix of power and agility which help you deal effortless with a wide range of terrains.
In terms of comfort, the Yamaha YZ125 features an ergonomically designed seat, a well made handlebar and an nonintrusive fuel tank. You won’t have any complains about the wide folding titanium foot pegs which are lightweight and offer a proper grip.
The bike is boosts a compact 124cc reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine that is capable of producing a high power-to-weight ratio. Moreover, the reed-valve spacer on the bike enhances acceleration across the entire powerband. The bike is also fitted with the YPVS power-valve along with the six-speed, close-ratio transmission and Digital CDI ignition system.
The stopping power is assuared by YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs.
All components are mounted on a superior aluminum frame which is paired with a modern swingarm and a speed-sensitive 48mm KYB fork.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha YZ125.
2013 Yamaha YZ125
Engine:liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve inducted
Transmission:Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Energy:Mikuni® TMX 38
- A light aluminum frame housing an amazingly light and compact engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- The YZ125 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum handlebar, titanium foot pegs, and gripper seat.
- A pure motocross machine, the light and nimble YZ125 is the perfect choice for riders stepping up from the 85cc class.
- Ultra lightweight means nimble handling with less fatigue.
- Amazingly compact 124cc reed-valve-inducted two-stroke helps produce an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
- Reed-valve spacer improves acceleration across the entire powerband.
- Patented YPVS® power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
- Six-speed, close-ratio transmission optimizes gear ratios for maximum performance.
- Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Large-capacity radiator features a 10-row core with four louvers to deliver maximum cooling efficiency at all performance levels.
- Primary kickstarting ensures easy restarts in any gear.
- Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
- YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
- A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ125 the best handling in its class.
- Speed-Sensitive System 48mm KYB® fork; damping force is controlled by piston speed which provides a smoother, more precise ride with 11.8 inches of travel.
- Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
- Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals, 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high- and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
- Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
- Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
- Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low aluminum handlebar all help create greater freedom of movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
- Wide, cleated, folding titanium foot pegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Use of light box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight for increased performance.
- Premium drive chain has gold-colored plates for outstanding looks.
- Wide-diameter fuel tank cap for easier refueling.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
- Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
|Engine Type||124cc, liquid-cooled, 2-stroke, reed-valve inducted|
|Bore x Stroke||54.0 x 54.5mm|
|Compression Ratio||8.6 10.7:1|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® TMX 38|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Suspension / Front||Speed-sensitive system inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Fully adjustable single shock; 12.4-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21|
|Tires / Rear||100/90-19|
|Seat Height||39.3 in|
|Ground Clearance||15.2 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Wet Weight***||207 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|