2013 Yamaha YZ85
When it comes to dirt bikes, Yamaha is one of the most appreciated manufacturers. Its models are packed with the latest technologies, boost capable engines and also offer first class performances and agility.
The Yamaha YZ85 makes no exception and its sporty nature is highly appreciated by the motocross lovers. The motorcycle rides on a lightweight 36mm KYB inverted cartridge fork featuring 10.8 inches of travel along with the rear suspension that features fully adjustable Kayaba link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel.
The 2013 Yamaha YZ85 has been fitted with an 85cc liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve-inducted, two-stroke engine that inhales through a 28mm Keihin flat-slide carburetor, providing flawless throttle response across the powerband.
The engine is combined with the Digital CDI ignition system which releases more exact spark and monitors engine speed to make sure optimal timing for faster, stronger response during hard acceleration.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2013 Yamaha YZ85.
2013 Yamaha YZ85
Engine:liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
Transmission:Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Energy:Keihin® PWK 28
- Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve-inducted six-speed is light, compact, and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the rpm range.
- Ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
- Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini expert.
- Owning a Yamaha 2-stroke is less expensive to maintain.
- 85cc liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve-inducted, two-stroke engine inhales through a 28mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor; seamless throttle response across the powerband is the result.
- Digital CDI ignition system puts out a more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for quicker, stronger response during hard acceleration.
- Smooth-shifting, six-speed close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch delivers maximum hookup for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
- Involute spline set-up in clutch means smoother shifting under power with great durability at competition-level usage.
- Two-piece clutch cover provides easy access during maintenance.
- Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
- Lightweight exhaust system design helps create a broader powerband with stronger low-end punch.
Airbox design ensures greater air cleaning performance and easier maintenance.
- Rear subframe is removable to allow easy maintenance.
- Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability, and low-friction outer tubes and internals.
- Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression damping valving.
- 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes with stainless steel rotors deliver strong, precise stopping power.
- Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
- Dunlop® knobbies provide great traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
- Wide handlebar and flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide rider with leverage and freedom of movement and weight transfer.
- Wide footpegs provide superb comfort, grip and ground clearance.
- Separate clutch cover with transmission oil filler opening makes for easy maintenance.
- Fuel tank cap is wider-diameter for easier usage, and large tank opening ensures fast, hassle-free refueling.
- Repackable exhaust silencer.
|Engine Type||85cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted|
|Bore x Stroke||47.5 x 47.8mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Keihin® PWK 28|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Suspension / Front||Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 220mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 190mm|
|Tires / Front||70/100-17|
|Tires / Rear||90/100-14|
|Seat Height||34.0 in|
|Ground Clearance||13.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.3 gal|
|Wet Weight***||157 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|