2014 Yamaha Majesty
The 2014 Yamaha Majesty is a comfortable scooter developed with efficiency and versatility in mind. It is propelled by a liquid-cooled, 4-Stroke single; DOHC engine with a displacement of 395cc. The unit is brought to life by an electric starter and transfers its power to the rear wheel through a fully automatic transmission.
The engine has enough grunt to help you deal great with city traffic and is also able to keep it up with highway speeds. As far as efficiency is concerned, the Majesty delivers an estimated fuel consumption of 50 mpg and has a fuel tank capacity of 3.7 gallons.
The engine is mounted on an aluminum, die-cast alloy frame with a steel tube subframe which sits on 41mm fork tubes and rear long-travel, coil-over shock absorber.
The scooter rides on 14-inch front and 13-inch rear tires mounted on a set of tasty cast wheels.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Yamaha Majesty.
2014 Yamaha Majesty
Engine:Liquid-cooled 4-stroke single; DOHC, 4 valves
Energy:Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
Majesty features a rugged and reliable four-stroke engine, fully automatic transmission and push button electric starter. Run at highway speeds and cruise around town.
2014 Yamaha Majesty Key Features:
• This high-tech transportation unit blurs the boundaries between scooter and motorcycle—highly utilitarian performance.
• Rugged and reliable four-stroke engine and fully automatic transmission mean hit the starter button and go.
• There’s more than enough power to run at highway speeds, room for two and plenty of storage space.
• The Majesty achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 50 mpg* with a fuel tank that holds 3.7 gallons of gas.
• Powerful liquid-cooled DOHC four-valve single with forged piston and single-axis counterbalancer puts out plenty of smooth power all the way beyond 8000 rpm.
• Suction-piston-type electronic fuel injection delivers excellent throttle response and low-maintenance reliability.
• Step-motor controlled, automatic idle speed control and throttle position sensor provide immediate start-up and ride-away performance.
• Double-cog V-belt constantly variable automatic transmission makes the Majesty a twist-the-throttle-and-go machine.
• Automatic decompression system ensures easy and reliable electric starting.
• The dual-chamber airbox, air-injection system and exhaust catalyst technology reduce air pollution.
• Aluminum, die-cast alloy main frame with steel tube subframe is light and rigid for increased performance and handling.
• 61.6-inch wheelbase provides plenty of room for tall riders and a smooth ride while enhancing handling.
• 41mm fork tubes for excellent ride and sporty handling.
• Rear suspension uses a pair of long-travel, coil-over shock absorbers for a smooth ride and sporty handling.
• 14-inch front and 13-inch rear tires on stylish cast wheels look great and provide excellent handling and traction, along with superb bump absorption.
• 267mm hydraulic front and rear disc brakes provide powerful, controllable stops with a convenient left handlebar-mounted parking brake lever.
• 3.7-gallon fuel capacity provides 185 mile-range (50 mpg*).
• Plenty of power and room for two, with integrated passenger grab rail.
• Huge, locking underseat storage will swallow up to 16 gallons of goods.
• There’s even more storage for smaller items in the inner front apron.
• Cool LED taillight is super-bright and draws less electricity.
• Full instrumentation contains analog speedometer and tachometer, along with an LCD multifunction display including a fuel gauge, coolant temp gauge, ambient temp gauge, V-belt and oil indicators.
|Engine type||Liquid-cooled 4-stroke single; DOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||83.0mm x 73.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Electronic fuel injection|
|Ignition||Digital TCI; Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||Centrifugal clutch; double-cog V-belt auto|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; 4.7-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Twin shock; 4.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||267mm disc|
|Brakes / Rear||267mm disc|
|Tires / Front||120/80-14M/C 58S|
|Tires / Rear||150/70-13M/C 64S|
|Seat Height||29.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.7 in|
|Fuel Capacity||3.7 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||50 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||467 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Price*||$6,850 (Candy Red) Available from January 2014|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.
The 2014 Yamaha Majesty continues to be the perfect machine for moving through the city. Thanks to its capable engine and generous storage place it can also serve as a great partner for occasional trips outside the city.
Like any respectable scoter, the Majesty rewards you with a great fuel economy and a comfortable ride. It is easy to control and is also pretty reliable.
Moreover, its price is also pretty good as you won’t need to break a bank to buy one.