2014 Yamaha Raptor 700
Fast, agile and sleek, the 2014 Yamaha Raptor 700 is a capable sport ATV designed for those who love to mix four wheels with rugged terrains.
To maximize the performances of the Raptor 700, Yamaha’s technicians have equipped it with a lightweight hybrid steel aluminum frame, a Controlled-Fill aluminum sub-frame and a cast aluminum swingarm.
The frame houses a 686 cc, liquid cooled, 4 stroke; SOHC, 4 valves engine which sends its power to the ground by means of a five speed transmission.
The stopping power is handled by twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes and a twin piston rear brake caliper.
The ATV rides on a set of high-performance 21x7-10 front and 20x10-9 rear Maxxis tires which are perfectly capable to deal with any type of terrains without backing down.
The ATV is offered with a base price of $7,699.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Yamaha Raptor 700.
2014 Yamaha Raptor 700
Engine:Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
Energy:Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
Eye-Opening Performance and Price
The 2014 Yamaha Raptor 700, wowing and wooing big bore sport ATV owners in the areas of performance and price.
2014 Yamaha Raptor 700 Key Features:
• Aggressive styling makes the Raptor 700 look as menacing as it really is. The mighty Raptor 700 is ready to go whether the destination is the dunes, the trails or the track.
• Powered by our most potent big-bore Raptor engine ever – 686cc of liquid cooled, fuel-injected power. The engine produces big torque right off idle, transitioning into a fat mid-range and monstrous top-end.
• Big power and lightweight, a combination that makes any ATV rider take notice, is standard on the Raptor 700, with a hybrid steel aluminum frame and Controlled-Fill aluminum sub-frame and cast aluminum swingarm combining to produce a super-strong structure and the lightest ATV in its class.
• A thick comfortable seat provides excellent comfort while the dual counterbalancers, electric starting, and reverse keep things nice and civilized when needed, but when it comes time to pull the trigger the big-bore Raptor 700 stands tall.
• The YFZ inspired handling of the Raptor 700 is incredible to experience blasting through the woods. Thanks to the 9.1 inches of front travel and 10.1 inches out back, the trail bumps smooth out while the rider keeps things under control. With the combination of power, solid handling, and a great suspension this machine has to be experienced to be fully appreciated.
2014 Yamaha Raptor 700 Features and Benefits:
• Forged lightweight piston, connecting rod and crankshaft in the 686cc engine are light and strong, for a hard-hitting, quick-revving powerplant that revs all the way to 9000 rpm. Dual counterbalancers keep it smooth.
• Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) means consistently excellent engine performance in a wide range of conditions, elevations and temperatures.
• Competition-spec dry-sump lubrication system boosts usable horsepower and keeps overall engine size more compact.
• Digital TCI w/16-bit electronic control unit controls fuel injection and ignition systems for consistent performance and fantastic throttle response.
• Reliable pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
• Race-bred five-speed transmission with reverse, along with Raptor 700’s monstrous powerband, means there’s a choice of gears in just about all situations.
• YZ-spec ratchet shifter ensures smooth, resistance-free shifting under power. Heavy-duty clutch features extra-sturdy basket and plates designed to harness the Raptor 700’s power.
• Easy-to-reach oil filter and tool-free air filter provide added convenience.
• State-of-the-art chassis combines a steel front section with an aluminum rear section and detachable subframe to create a super-strong structure.
• Compact, CAD-designed chassis creates the ideal wheelbase for light, quick, super-accurate steering.
• YZ-style piggyback rear shock gives 10.1-inch wheel travel along with preload adjustment.
• Twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power. Discs are drilled, which helps reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension compliance.
• Twin piston rear brake caliper for excellent stopping power on the trail or in the dunes.
• Cast aluminum swingarm carries an eccentric quick-adjust drive chain mechanism that takes most of the work out of that task.
• Handlebar-mounted flip-type parking brake lever.
• High-performance 21x7-10 front and 20x10-9 rear Maxxis® tires with a specially designed tread pattern deliver superb, class-leading traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain and conditions.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels help enhance suspension performance by reducing unsprung weight.
• Race-inspired 45mm serrated foot pegs provide excellent boot traction.
• Controlled-fill aluminum subframe is light and strong. So is the composite front grab bar.
• Inner rolled wheels reduce weight while maintaining strength.
• Long, YZ-style seat allows maximum rider comfort and movement with superb sport-riding ergonomics.
• Multireflector 30-watt Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect no-compromises sporting accent, and an LED taillight provides great visibility.
• Large-capacity, 2.9-gallon fuel tank and Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) mean more time on the trail between fill-ups.
• Thumb throttle lever has a smooth shape for a feel riders will appreciate, with less fatigue at the end of the day.
• The Raptor 700 is proudly assembled in the U.S.A., alongside Yamaha’s 4x4 and Side x Side utility vehicles.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0mm x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 44mm|
|Transmission||5-speed w/reverse; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone and threaded 5-way preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Cast aluminum swing arm w/rebound and threaded preload adjustment, 10.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes / Rear||Ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Tires / Front||AT21 x 7-10|
|Tires / Rear||AT20 x 10-9|
|L x W x H||72.6 x 45.5 x 43.9 in|
|Seat Height||32.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.9 gal|
|Wet Weight||422 lb|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change wihout notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.