2014 Yamaha Raptor 700R
When it comes to sport ATVs, the Yamaha Raptor 700R is one of the most wanted models in its class. It comes with an agile handling, a sporty style and a very aggressive character.
At its heart “beats” a 686cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves engine with a displacement of 686cc. The unit is combined with Yamaha’s Fuel Injection (YFI) and features a competition-spec dry-sump lubrication system. The ATV is also equipped with a 5-Speed transmission with wet multiplate clutch.
For flawless off road capability, the ATV is equipped with front and rear piggyback shocks which offer full adjustability and can deal great with any bump.
The ATV’s speed is kept in leash by front brake master cylinders and twin piston rear brake calipers.
The Yamaha Raptor 700R is offered with a base price of $8,199.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha Raptor 700R.
2014 Yamaha Raptor 700R
Engine:Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves
Energy:Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI)
All Hail the King of Big Bore Sport ATVs
The big sport ATV performance leader continues its run as king of all terrain thanks to class-leading engine performance and handling.
2014 Yamaha Raptor 700R Key Features:
• Powered by our most potent big-bore Raptor engine ever – 686cc of liquid cooled, fuel-injected power. The engine produces big torque right off idle, transitioning into a fat mid-range and monstrous top-end.
• Aggressive styling makes the Raptor 700R look as menacing as it really is. The mighty Raptor 700R is ready to go whether the destination is the dunes, the trails or the track.
• Big power and lightweight, a combination that makes any ATV rider take notice, is standard on the Raptor 700R, with a hybrid steel aluminum frame and Controlled-Fill aluminum sub-frame and cast aluminum swingarm combining to produce a super-strong structure and the lightest ATV in its class.
• A thick comfortable seat, adjustable suspension with sport-tuned piggyback shocks provide excellent comfort while the dual counterbalancers, electric starting, and reverse keep things nice and civilized when needed, but when it comes time to pull the trigger the big-bore Raptor 700R stands tall.
• The YFZ inspired handling of the Raptor 700R is incredible to experience blasting through the woods. Thanks to the 9.1 inches of front travel and 10.1 inches out back, the trail bumps smooth out while the rider keeps things under control. With the combination of power, solid handling, and a great suspension this machine has to be experienced to be fully appreciated.
2014 Yamaha Raptor 700R Features and Benefits:
• Forged lightweight piston, connecting rod and crankshaft in the 686cc engine are light and strong, for a hard-hitting, quick-revving powerplant that revs all the way to 9000 rpm. Dual counterbalancers keep it smooth.
• Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) means consistently excellent engine performance in a wide range of conditions, elevations and temperatures.
• Competition-spec dry-sump lubrication system boosts usable horsepower and keeps overall engine size more compact.
• Digital TCI w/16-bit electronic control unit controls fuel injection and ignition systems for consistent performance and fantastic throttle response.
• Reliable pushbutton electric start in any gear adds extra convenience.
• Race-bred five-speed transmission with reverse, along with Raptor 700R’s monstrous powerband, means there’s a choice of gears in just about all situations.
• YZ-spec ratchet shifter ensures smooth, resistance-free shifting under power. Heavy-duty clutch features extra-sturdy basket and plates designed to harness the Raptor 700R’s power.
• Easy-to-reach oil filter and tool-free air filter provide added convenience.
• State-of-the-art chassis combines a steel front section with an aluminum rear section and detachable subframe to create a super-strong structure.
• Compact, CAD-designed chassis creates the ideal wheelbase for light, quick, super-accurate steering.
• Front and rear piggyback shocks offer full adjustability and optimal bump absorbing performance.
• Piggyback shocks provide excellent sport-riding comfort, with high- and low-speed compression adjustability, rebound and preload adjustability, and 9.1-inch travel.
• YZ-style piggyback rear shock gives 10.1-inch wheel travel with high- and low-speed compression adjustability for maximum sport versatility, along with preload and rebound adjustment.
• Front brake master cylinder features an adjustable lever for increased comfort and feel.
• Twin piston rear brake caliper for excellent stopping power on the trail or in the dunes.
• Twin aluminum-piston front disc brakes deliver tremendous stopping power. Discs are drilled, which helps reduce unsprung weight for excellent suspension compliance.
• Cast aluminum swingarm carries an eccentric quick-adjust drive chain mechanism that takes most of the work out of that task.
• Handlebar-mounted flip-type parking brake lever.
• High-performance 21x7-10 front and 20x10-9 rear Maxxis® tires with a specially designed tread pattern deliver superb, class-leading traction for razor-sharp handling in a variety of terrain and conditions.
• Lightweight aluminum wheels help enhance suspension performance by reducing unsprung weight.
• Race-inspired 45mm serrated foot pegs provide excellent boot traction.
• Inner rolled wheels reduce weight while maintaining strength.
• Long seat allows maximum rider comfort and movement with superb sport-riding ergonomics.
• Multireflector 30-watt Krypton headlights set back in the front cowl add the perfect no-compromises sporting accent, and an LED taillight provides great visibility.
• Large-capacity, 2.9-gallon fuel tank and Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) mean more time on the trail between fill-ups.
• Thumb throttle lever has a smooth shape for a feel riders will appreciate, with less fatigue at the end of the day.
• The Raptor 700R is proudly assembled in the U.S.A., alongside Yamaha’s 4x4 and Side x Side utility vehicles.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke; SOHC, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||102.0mm x 84.0mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI) , 44mm|
|Transmission||5-speed w/reverse; wet multiplate clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; sealed O-ring chain, eccentric adjustment|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone w/piggyback High-/Lo-speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment, 9.1-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Cast aluminum swing arm w/rebound, High-/Lo-speed compression and threaded preload adjustment, 10.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes / Rear||Ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Tires / Front||AT21 x 7-10|
|Tires / Rear||AT20 x 10-9|
|L x W x H||72.6 x 45.5 x 43.9 in|
|Seat Height||32.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||4.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.9 gal|
|Wet Weight||422 lb|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector headlights & 3.9/0.5W LED brakelight|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change wihout notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.