2014 Yamaha TT-R230
The 2014 Yamaha TT-R230 is a pretty impressive machinery that was carefully forged to be able to deal with any type of terrain with poise.
As far as power is concerned, the motorcycle is propelled by a 223 cc, air cooled, SOHC, 4 stroke, 2 valves engine which is kept under control by a constant mesh 6 speed transmission with multiplate wet clutch.
To be able to tackle any terrain without problems the 2014 Yamaha TT-R230 received a steel frame, a linkage-mounted adjustable rear shock and 36mm front forks.
The bike’s speed is kept in check by a front 220mm disc and a 130mm rear drum brake. You also get full-size 21 inch front and 18 inch rear aluminum wheels wrapped in 80/100-21 NHS and 100/100-18 NHS tires, respectively.
The 2014 Yamaha TT-R230 is offered with a base price of $3,990.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha TT-R230.
2014 Yamaha TT-R230
Engine:Air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke, 2 valves
Hit The Trails.
Nothing else out there delivers more fun for your dollar than a Yamaha TT-R230. Light, simple, rugged and proven the TT-R is designed to deliver decades of low maintenance performance and fun for both young and old a like.
2014 Yamaha TT-R230 Key Features:
• YZ-inspired handling and looks, and a stout 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke producing predictable, broadband power, make the TT-R230 a great choice for beginner and intermediate riders.
• Competition-style flat seat/tank junction for great rider mobility.
• Electric start makes getting started a simple pushbutton exercise.
• A low seat height on top of a long-travel suspension and 11.6 inches of ground clearance make this a serious trailbike that’s also accessible to wide range of riders.
• Steel, diamond-type-design frame means great handling and strength.
• Super-reliable, electric start, 223cc air-cooled, SOHC four-stroke puts out smooth, widespread power perfectly suited for all kinds of trails and riders.
• Smooth-shifting, six-speed transmission with heavy-duty clutch geared for maximum versatility and usable power delivery.
• CDI magneto ignition system is ultra-reliable and nearly maintenance-free.
• YZ-type air filter for easy maintenance and maximum airflow.
• Lightweight exhaust with quiet muffler and USFS-approved spark arrestor.
• Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
• Steel frame with compact wheelbase and low seat height combines accessibility to new or smaller riders with superb maneuverability and super-responsive handling.
• Linkage-mounted adjustable rear shock serves up 8.7 inches of smooth, progressive rear wheel travel for great bump absorption and handling.
• 36mm front fork with 9.4 inches of wheel travel provides plush, confidence-inspiring control over rough terrain.
• 11.6 inches of ground clearance should be enough to deal with almost any trail.
• Aluminum box-section swingarm features snail-type chain adjusters for quick and easy chain adjustments.
• Front 220mm disc and 130mm rear drum brakes for powerful, confident stops.
• Full-size 21-inch front and 18-inch rear aluminum wheels keep unsprung weight down, while knobby tires provide motocross-spec grip.
• Long gripper seat is low, comfortable, and allows easy rider movement.
• Team Yamaha-inspired colors, graphics and front and side number plates create distinctive styling.
• Sleek fuel tank with 2.1-gallon capacity for good range and excellent freedom of movement.
• Large, folding, cleated foot pegs provide excellent footing, even in wet or muddy conditions.
• Durable fork boots provide excellent fork seal and stanchion tube protection.
|Engine Type||Air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke, 2 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||70.0mm x 58.0mm|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; 9.4-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 8.7-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||220mm single disc|
|Brakes / Rear||130mm drum|
|Tires / Front||80/100-21 NHS|
|Tires / Rear||100/100-18 NHS|
|Seat Height||34.3 in|
|Ground Clearance||11.6 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.1 gal|
|Wet Weight***||251 lb|
|Warranty||90 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.