2014 Yamaha TW200
The 2014 Yamaha TW200 is a rugged dual purpose motorcycle that was especially developed for those who want to mix fun with practicality.
At its heart lies a 196cc, aircooled, four stroke, single cylinder engine that delivers more than enough low- and mid-range power to help you deal without problems with any type of track. The engine is mated on a smooth-shifting five speed transmission with manual clutch.
As far as ergonomics are concerned, the Yamaha TW200 comes with a low seat height, a perfectly angled handlebar and frame-mounted passenger footpegs. You also get a modern instrument panel that includes a speedometer with odometer and resettable tripmeter as well as indicator lights for neutral, high beam and turn signals.
The 2014 Yamaha TW200 is offered with a starting price of $4,590 and comes with 1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty).
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Yamaha TW200.
2014 Yamaha TW200
Engine:Air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves
Transmission:Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
Your dual purpose partner. The TW200 features a long lasting, reliable engine, electric start and full street equipment for comfortable on and off-road capability. Plus its extra low seat height and simple, ease of use inspires confidence.
2014 Yamaha TW200 Key Features:
- Those big fat tires deliver great traction and rider comfort over a wide range of terrain, and they make the TW200 the most distinctive-looking dual purpose machine around.
- A low seat and compact chassis help inspire confidence in anybody who rides the TW200, making it one of the most user friendly on/off-road bikes on the market.
- Electric start and full street equipment mean it’s super convenient to ride the TW200 just about wherever you need to go.
- Strong-pulling 196cc air-cooled, four-stroke single delivers torquey low- and mid-range power perfectly suited to off-road exploring.
- Smooth-shifting five-speed transmission with manual clutch puts potent powerband to the ground for maximum on- and off-road performance.
- Internal engine counterbalancer keeps vibrations down for greater all-day comfort.
- Maintenance-free CDI ignition system ensures precise, reliable spark for peak engine performance at all rpm.
- Easy, reliable pushbutton electric starting.
- Automatic cam chain tensioner means minimal maintenance and longer engine life.
- 33mm telescopic front fork with 6.3 inches of travel soaks up the bumps for a plush ride.
- Lightweight box section swingarm and single rear shock with 5.9 inches of travel help enhance handling and overall comfort both on- and off-road.
- Hydraulic front disc brake ensures greater stopping power with less effort.
- Long, two-tone, motocross-style seat creates a balanced riding position for optimal rider movement and comfort.
- Durable and wide front fender is designed to keep mud and dirt off the rider off-road.
- Frame-mounted passenger footpegs provide two-up riding capability.
- Enduro-style, 60/55-watt halogen headlight features high/low beams.
- Flex-mounted turn indicators offer greater durability against breakage.
- Durable fork shrouds help prevent rocks and debris from damaging fork sliders.
- Standard instrumentation includes a speedometer with odometer and resettable tripmeter as well as indicator lights for neutral, high beam and turn signals.
- Standard dual rearview mirrors.
- Dependable, low-maintenance battery.
|Engine type||Air-cooled SOHC 4-stroke; 2 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||67.0mm x 55.7mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Mikuni® 28mm|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Suspension / Front||Telescopic fork; 6.3-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; 5.9-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||220mm single disc|
|Brakes / Rear||110mm Drum|
|Tires / Front||130/80-18|
|Tires / Rear||180/80-14|
|Seat Height||31.1 in|
|Ground Clearance||10.4 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.8 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||78 mpg|
|Wet Weight***||278 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.
Thanks to its tough construction and the wide tires, the Yamaha TW200 can hit the toughest trails without baking down. The massive tyres also help it stay well planted on its wheels even in the tightest corners so the handling and maneuverability won’t be an issue.
On the other hand, the TW200’s power is a bit limited, the fuel tank is smaller than expected and you don’t get a kick start. But as far as prices are concerned the TW200 is fairly affordable and deserves every penny.