2014 Yamaha YZ85
The 2014 Yamaha YZ85 is a compact off road machine that was carefully developed to represent the perfect learning platform for beginners.
The motorcycle is propelled by a light, liquid-cooled, 85cc, crankcase reed-valve-inducted engine which is linked to a six-speed transmission. The engine is housed by an ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame that delivers a perfect mix between lightness and rigidity.
To be able to tackle the tough terrains without baking down, the motorcycle needed a set of capable suspensions. Therefore, the 2014 Yamaha YZ85 is equipped with fully adjustable suspensions that allow a wide range of adjustments according to the terrain and the rider’s skills.
It is also worthy of being mentioned that the motorcycle rides on lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims which are shod in Dunlop knobby tires. The wheels are combined with 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes that come with stainless steel rotors.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Yamaha YZ85.
2014 Yamaha YZ85
Engine:Liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
Hard core mini racer.
The YZ85 is ready to race and features a high performance, 2-stroke engine for instant power and legendary Yamaha durability. Plus, YZ 2-strokes are easier and cost less to maintain!
2014 Yamaha YZ85 Key Features:
• Liquid-cooled, 85cc crankcase reed-valve-inducted six-speed is light, compact, and designed to deliver hard-hitting, moto-winning power throughout the rpm range.
• Ultra-rigid, single-backbone, semi-double-cradle frame is lightweight and strong for sharp handling.
• Fully adjustable suspension allows a broad adjustment range to suit everybody from rank novice to mini expert.
• Owning a Yamaha 2-stroke is less expensive to maintain.
• 85cc liquid-cooled, crankcase reed-valve-inducted, two-stroke engine inhales through a 28mm Keihin® flat-slide carburetor; seamless throttle response across the powerband is the result.
• Digital CDI ignition system puts out a more precise spark and monitors engine speed to ensure optimal timing for quicker, stronger response during hard acceleration.
• Smooth-shifting, six-speed close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch delivers maximum hookup for outstanding acceleration and corner-exiting power.
• Involute spline set-up in clutch means smoother shifting under power with great durability at competition-level usage.
• Two-piece clutch cover provides easy access during maintenance.
• Lightweight radiator has large cores and louvers, and the water pump features a cast aluminum (vs. resin) impeller for maximum cooling efficiency.
• Lightweight exhaust system design helps create a broader powerband with stronger low-end punch.
• Airbox design ensures greater air cleaning performance and easier maintenance.
• Rear subframe is removable to allow easy maintenance.
• Lightweight 36mm KYB® inverted cartridge fork features 10.8 inches of travel with compression and rebound damping adjustability, and low-friction outer tubes and internals.
• Rear suspension features fully adjustable Kayaba link-type shock with 11.1 inches of travel and race-tested compression damping valving.
• 220mm front disc and 190mm rear disc brakes with stainless steel rotors deliver strong, precise stopping power.
• Lightweight 17-inch front and 14-inch rear rims are durable and reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension performance.
• Dunlop® knobbies provide great traction on a variety of tracks and terrain.
• Wide handlebar and flat fuel tank, radiator shrouds, side panels and rear fender provide rider with leverage and freedom of movement and weight transfer.
• Wide footpegs provide superb comfort, grip and ground clearance.
• Separate clutch cover with transmission oil filler opening makes for easy maintenance.
• Fuel tank cap is wider-diameter for easier usage, and large tank opening ensures fast, hassle-free refueling.
• Repackable exhaust silencer.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted|
|Bore x Stroke||47.5 x 47.8mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Keihin® PWK 28|
|Transmission||Constant-mesh 6-speed; multiplate wet clutch|
|Final Drive||Chain Drive|
|Suspension / Front||Inverted fork; fully adjustable, 10.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Single shock; fully adjustable, 11.1-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic single disc brake, 220mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic single disc brake, 190mm|
|Tires / Front||70/100-17|
|Tires / Rear||90/100-14|
|Seat Height||34.0 in|
|Ground Clearance||13.8 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.3 gal|
|Wet Weight***||157 lb|
|Warranty||30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.
The YZ85 is a tough machine that has a lot to offer. Its suspensions work great and help you handle the bike without too much fuss. The engine is also pretty strong with a superb top power and deals great with anything you ask of it. Although some extra midrange power could’ve been welcomed. Also, the stock tires are great for tough terrains, but aren’t suited for softer areas. However, we won’t complain too much about this aspect, because after all we are talking about a dirt bike.