2014 Yamaha Zuma 125
Compact, agile and fun, the 2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 is a practical scooter developed for those who want an efficient machine for moving in the city.
At the heart of the Yamaha Zuma 125 sits a Forced Air-Cooled, 4 Stroke Single, SOHC, fuel injected, 125 cc engine that puts out enough power to help you keep it up effortless with the city traffic. There is also a fully automatic, V-belt transmission with centrifugal clutch provides easy control and smooth shifts.
The engine is fed by a 1.6 gallons fuel tank and delivers an estimated fuel consumption of 89 mpg.
The motorcycle’s backbone is represented by a rigid steel-tube frame that features a step-through design for easy mounting.
The ride quality is assured by a front telescopic paired with a modern swingarm that features double shocks for enhanced comfort.
Hit the jump for more information on the 2014 Yamaha Zuma 125.
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125
Engine:Forced air-cooled 4-stroke single; SOHC, 4-valve
Energy:Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI)
The Zuma 125 scooter is the ultimate modern convience with fuel injection, a smooth running and quiet 4-stroke engine that pumps out plenty of power to get you around town... or wherever you might need to go.
2014 Yamaha Zuma 125 Key Features:
• That tough off-road look isn’t just for looks: the strong steel frame; fat, aggressive tires; oiled-type air filters; beefy shocks front and rear and off-road style brush deflectors make this scooter at home on unpaved roads while delivering all the attitude you could want for the street.
• 125cc 4-stroke engine with 4 valves, a 10:1 compression ratio, ceramic-composite cylinder plating, and electronic fuel injection gives this Zuma excellent performance.
• Fully automatic C.V. transmission and pushbutton electric starting make the Zuma super-convenient transportation. Both center and side stands, along with a locking cover on the ignition switch, make it convenient to park, too.
• There’s room for two atop this Zuma’s seat, and lots of locking storage beneath it.
• The Zuma 125 achieves fuel economy up to an estimated 89 mpg** with a fuel tank that holds 1.6 gallons of gas.
• Zuma’s fuel-injected, 125cc single cylinder, 4-stroke engine pumps out lots of power for its size, using an SOHC 4-valve head with 10:1 compression ratio and ceramic-composite cylinder plating.
• Pushbutton electric starting makes the Zuma 125 super-convenient for transportation.
• For reliability and easy maintenance, simple wet-sump lubrication is used.
• Forced air cooling system helps keep engine temperatures under control, even while idling at stoplights, for maximum efficiency and longer engine life.
• Fully automatic, V-belt transmission with centrifugal clutch provides easy, twist-the-throttle-and-go operation with great off-the-line acceleration.
• Fuel injection provides the optimal fuel mixture for the operating condition, including temperature and altitude, and that means easy cold starts, too.
• Oiled-paper type air filter helps trap dirt before it gets to your engine, even when riding on unpaved roads. The V-belt housing has its own off-road-style wet-foam air filter for durability.
• Upswept muffler incorporates exhaust catalyst technology to reduce air pollution and meet emission regulations.
• Hefty steel-tube frame has a step-through design for easy mounting. A two-stage electrodeposition and electrostatic painting process provides a durable, corrosion-resistant finish.
• Telescopic fork features beefy outer tubes for strength, while slider shrouds help protect the 27mm inner tubes from debris.
• Swingarm has double rear shocks for riding comfort on the street and unpaved roads, too.
• Fuel tank holds 1.6 gallons for plenty of cruising range. Fuel tank emission system includes a charcoal canister to control gasoline evaporation and reduce air pollution.
• Fat 120/70-12 front and 130/70-12 rear tires have an aggressive looking block pattern for great handling on unpaved roads and on the street. Tires run on lightweight five-spoke die-cast aluminum wheels.
• 220mm hydraulic front disc and rear drum brakes combine for serious stopping power.
• Zuma provides both a centerstand and side stand for parking convenience.
• Two bright halogen headlights light the way—following current sportbike practice, the left side provides the 55W low beam while the right side is the 60W high beam.
• For extra security when parked, the main switch is equipped with a key hole lock cover.
• The underseat storage compartment’s cavernous 5.2-gallon capacity is roomy enough for a full-face helmet.
• The Zuma 125’s easy-to-read analog speedometer is flanked by a fuel gauge and indicator lights.
|Engine type||Forced air-cooled 4-stroke single; SOHC, 4-valve|
|Bore x Stroke||52.4 x 57.9 mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Electronic Fuel Injection|
|Clutch Type||Dry centrifugal automatic clutch|
|Suspension / Front||27mm telescopic forks|
|Suspension / Rear||Dual shock|
|Brakes / Front||220mm disc|
|Brakes / Rear||Drum|
|Tires / Front||120/70-12 51L|
|Tires / Rear||130/70-12 56L|
|Seat Height||30.7 in|
|Ground Clearance||3.7 in|
|Fuel Capacity||1.6 gal|
|Fuel Economy**||89 MPG|
|Wet Weight***||269 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Price*||$3,390 (Matte Titan) Available from August 2013|
|$3,390 (Burnt Orange Metallic) Available from August 2013|
* Price and Specifications subject to change without notice. Please read your Owner’s Manual and all labels before operation.
** Fuel economy estimates are based on US EPA exhaust emission certification data obtained by Yamaha. Your actual mileage will vary depending on road conditions, how you ride and maintain your, vechile, accessories, cargo and operator/passenger weight.
*** Wet weight includes the vechile with all standart equipment and all fluids, including oil, coolant (as applicable) and a full tank of fuel. It does not include the weight of options or accessories. Wet weight is useful in making real-world comparisions with other models.