2015 Yamaha SMAX
With its dynamic style, faultless ergonomics and agile handling, the Yamaha SMAX will certainly make you fall in love with it from the first ride.
The scooter is also powered by a lively 155 cc, liquid cooled, 4 stroke, SOHC single cylinder, 4 valves engine which is paired to an Automatic CVT transmission tuned for efficiency.
It is also worthy of being mentioned that latest generation of the Yamaha SMAX features a new frame design which helps enhance its ride and handling performances.
Other notable features include a mid-ship horizontally positioned rear shock, wide, high-grip 13 inch tires front and rear, large 267 mm front and 245 mm rear disc brakes and a generous 32 liter underseat storage space.
The Yamaha SMAX can be yours for no less than $3,690.
Hit the jump for more information on the Yamaha SMAX.
2015 Yamaha SMAX
Engine:Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC single cylinder, 4 valves
Top Speed:56 mph (Est.)
Your Sporting Adventure Starts Here.
Introducing the newest way to start your sport scooter adventure. The all new 2015 Yamaha SMAX features a potent, highly efficient 155cc fuel injected engine, fully automatic transmissing, lightweight frame for sporty handling, spacious design perfect for 1 or 2 up riding, under seat storage large enough for a full face helment or groceries and more.
2015 Yamaha SMAX Key Features:
• ALL-NEW FOR 2015: All-new powerful 155cc, liquid-cooled 4-stroke, SOHC fuel-injected engine is highly fuel efficient while producing excellent acceleration and power for commuting or highway riding.
• Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) makes operating the SMAX a snap without the need to use a hand clutch or shift gears.
• The SMAX features an all-new frame designed for overall balance and provides plenty of foot space.
• Large storage area that holds approximately 32 liters of under seat storage – big enough for a full face helmet or groceries.
• Two-up riding is comfortable for both riders with the spacious, well laid-out design.
2015 Yamaha SMAX Features and Benefits:
• All-new 155cc engine is quiet, easy on fuel and produces outstanding power for commuting or highway riding.
• The engine has a linear power feel that pulls through the powerband delivering excellent acceleration and a sporty ride experience.
• There is no need to use a clutch or shift gears with the durable and reliable continuously variable transmission (CVT) and that makes riding the SMAX fun and convenient.
• All new frame design makes for a sporty, well-handling machine.
• Mid-ship horizontally positioned rear shock offers 3.6” of travel for added rider and passenger comfort.
• Wide, high-grip 13-inch tires front and rear offer excellent grip and comfort.
• Large 267mm front and 245mm rear disc brakes maintain consistent stopping power.
• Approximately 32-liter underseat storage space will fit a full face helmet or groceries.
• Relaxed riding position and flat foot space allow outstanding rider comfort.
• Sporty 3-gauge meter is easy to see and provides great rider information. LED position lights and tail light improve visibility and add to the sporty style.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC single cylinder, 4 valves|
|Bore x Stroke||58.0 x 58.7mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Fuel Injection|
|Ignition||TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Final Drive||V-Belt Automatic|
|Suspension / Front||3.1 in of travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Mid ship horizontal positioned rear shock – 3.6 in of travel|
|Brakes / Front||Hydraulic disc, 267mm|
|Brakes / Rear||Hydraulic disc, 245mm|
|Tires / Front||120/70-13|
|Tires / Rear||130/70-13|
|L x W x H||79.9 x 28.1 x 51.0 in|
|Seat Height||31.3 in|
|Rake (Caster Angle)||26°|
|Fuel Capacity||2.0 gal|
|Fuel Economy||81 mpg|
|Wet Weight||328 lb|
|Warranty||1 Year (Limited Factory Warranty)|
|Color Options||Matte Titan, Ultramarine Blue|
“The 2015 Smax employs a fuel-injected and liquid-cooled 155cc four-stroke Single positioning it between the smaller college campus-ready Zuma/Vino scooters (49cc) and the more touring-capable Majesty (395cc). It’s engineered to offer the best of both words: friendly, non-intimidating acceleration on city streets, yet enough muscle to climb steep hills and keep up with fast paced San Diego traffic on the freeway (we saw a top speed of 84 mph).” ----- Motorcycle USA
“Topping the list, the Smax’s step-through design employs a frame configuration that maximizes floorboard surface area. Yamaha also claims better wind protection and greater storage capacity. Front and rear disc brakes, which feature a large 267mm wave rotor up front (the PCX has a single 220mm front disc and a rear drum), give the Smax a stopping advantage, while its 33mm fork (31mm on PCX) and additional rear wheel travel (3.6 in. vs. 3.0) bode well for handling the speed bumps of urban living. Lastly, the Smax comes equipped with much wider sport tires, size 120/70-13 front, 130/70-13 rear. The PCX does have 14-in. rims, but it’s fitted with a 90/90-14 front, 100/90-14 rear.” ----- Cycle World