2015 Yamaha YFZ450R SE
Serious racers will tell you that the Yamaha YFZ450R is the number one machine choice with winning riders. Its sharp-handling chassis and ultra-responsive 450 cc engine have made it today’s number one racing ATV. It handles sharp, fast and superior.
A race-bred assist and slipper clutch gives more precise control over corner entry speed for quicker lap times - while the uprated engine delivers superfast throttle response and hard-hitting high rpm power for holeshot-winning performance.
Sharp-designed bodywork gives the rider space to shift the bodyweight during cornering or hard accleration. And the light shocks make for sharp handling!
Continue reading for more information on the Yamaha YFZ450R SE.
2015 Yamaha YFZ450R SE
Engine:Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke, DOHC titanium 5-Valve
2015 Yamaha YFZ450R SE Key Features:
Podium Topping Good Looks
• The YFZ450R SE features eye catching Black graphics with quick-release fasteners for no-tools installation and removal of the front and rear fenders, and a dealer installed GYTR® black front grab bar.
• The YFZ450R SE is the most technologically advanced sport ATV on the market today. It is simply the top of the line “racing” level Sport ATV. It combines a high-tech, quick-revving, titanium five-valve, 449cc fuel-injected engine with a lightweight, professional-caliber cast aluminum/steel chassis. The power/chassis combination will make for a championship-winning machine time and time again.
• The YFZ450R SE is motocross ready. The weldless frame is designed from lightweight aluminum, with a tension-steel bottom frame that lets the engine sit lower for excellent mass centralization. Suspension components and settings reduce weight while providing light, agile handling characteristics with an excellent balance of sharp handling and rider comfort.
• Bodywork is designed for great ergonomics and rider comfort, with more room to hang off in the corners, and the seat shape is padded in just the right places to improve lap times. Body panels come off easily without tools for service; there’s no need to remove the battery or other components to take the fenders off.
• The 449cc engine uses titanium five-valve cylinder head technology designed to deliver abundant power in the mid-range to top end, with more “hit” feeling right off idle. The higher compression ratio further improves overall engine performance.
• The YFZ450R SE incorporates Yamaha Fuel Injection for precise fuel delivery. With a big 42mm Mikuni® throttle body and 12-hole injector, this system provides exceptional atomization of the fuel for maximum power. The system also includes ISC (Idle Speed Control) for easy, reliable start-up and warming.
• The industry’s first assist and slipper clutch on a Sport ATV reduces clutch lever effort by about 25% for less fatigue while at the same time increasing clutch plate pressure for positive engagement. Additionally, this new clutch system reduces the engine braking effect, which allows faster cornering, particularly when downshifting, and also allows the suspension to absorb bumps better during braking.
2015 Yamaha YFZ450R SE Features and Benefits:
• The fuel-injected 449cc engine has superb power characteristics, smooth delivery and is strong off the line with lots of mid-range to top end power where you need it.
• The crankshaft is ready to handle the increased demands of the racer, as well as a counterbalanced for superior vibration control. The crankcase also houses the oil tank, which helps to centralize mass for unmatched handling while making maintenance easier.
• Camshafts have been revised to help maximize the engine’s impressive power output from off the line all the way up to the top end.
• The body configuration allows more room to move around during the moto. The seat is narrow in the front, yet wide and padded in the rear to reduce fatigue.
• The wheels have been designed with the inner lip rolled in. This increases the rigidity, allowing a reduction in weight while maintaining strength.
• Wheels are set motocross-spec wide, near the maximum allowable 50 inches, for great cornering speed. The Maxxis® tires are designed to help provide excellent handling and control. At 20 inches in the rear and 21 inches in the front, they provide much better ground clearance than the competition.
• Large diameter, tapered handlebars reduce vibration and are mounted on 4-way clamps for exceptional adjustability. Two sets of holes in the handlebar crown and the eccentric clamps allow a rider to choose the standard setting, 10mm or 20mm forward, or 10mm back.
• Foot pegs are a generous 2.6 inches wide.
• The frame is a combination of aluminum and steel for light weight. The frame member under the engine is steel, used for its combination of strength and low profile. This allows the engine to sit lower overall for excellent mass centralization for unmatched handling. The aluminum frame is bolted together, rather than welded, for maximum durability.
• The front frame is as narrow as possible at the A-arm mounting points. This dramatically increases the A-arm length, which reduces changes in camber as the suspension travels through its full range of motion.
• The new front KYB® shocks are longer for increased suspension stroke with superb bump absorption and excellent anti-bottoming characteristics, and they have Kashima™ coating for smooth operation. The 9.8 inches of wheel travel means this racer is up to even the most challenging tracks.
• The rear swingarm is crafted of strong, gravity-fed aluminum, and it’s matched to a fully adjustable 46mm KYB® piggyback shock absorber for excellent handling. Rear wheel travel is 11.0 inches for comfort even on tough terrain.
• The throttle lever requires low effort - less fatigue during long motos.
• The discrete panel on the fender in front of the rider gives vital indicators about low fuel, coolant temperature, check engine, and neutral gear via a straightforward LED display.
|Engine Type||Liquid-cooled w/fan, 4-stroke, DOHC titanium 5-Valve|
|Bore x Stroke||95mm x 63.4mm|
|Fuel Delivery||Yamaha Fuel Injection (YFI), 42mm|
|Ignition||Digital TCI: Transistor Controlled Ignition|
|Transmission||5-Speed Manual Clutch|
|Drive Train||2WD; Sealed O-Ring Chain, Eccentric Adjustment|
|Suspension / Front||Independent double wishbone w/ Kashima coated piggyback shocks, High/Low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment, 9.8-in travel|
|Suspension / Rear||Cast aluminum swingarm w/ piggyback High/Low speed compression, rebound and threaded preload adjustment; 11.0-in travel|
|Brakes / Front||Dual ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Brakes / Rear||Wave-style ventilated hydraulic disc, twin piston|
|Tires / Front||AT21x7-10 Maxxis®|
|Tires / Rear||Maxxis ® AT20x10-9|
|L x W x H||70.7 x 48.8 x 41.9 in|
|Seat Height||31.9 in|
|Ground Clearance||9.3 in|
|Fuel Capacity||2.6 gal|
|Wet Weight||405 lb|
|Lighting||Dual 30W Krypton multireflector Headlights and 3.9/0.5W LED Brake light|
|Warranty||6 Month (Limited Factory Warranty)|